Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 17 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVIII - Emerald Vi?!?
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/12/24 03:39 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 10/12/24 03:26 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 10/12/24 03:25 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 10/12/24 03:21 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 10/12/24 03:19 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 10/12/24 03:18 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/12/24 02:54 AM
Proposal: The AylaBoot
by Ann Hebistand - 10/11/24 04:42 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 27 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 26 27
Re: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
#345774 03/02/11 09:42 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
(Tempest looks to Dev Em.)

I was bitch. I'm sorry, things are complicated for me and that tends to be my first response.

I needed to say that.

I'm going to the roof to send out some mystic feelers.

(Heads out.)

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#345775 03/02/11 09:52 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
<lands on roof beside Tempest>

Looks like you're way ahead of me! That's exactly what I wanted you to do....

<scans Omnicom>

Gods...it's terrible! And so hard to trace and fight. I wasn't around when he terrorized Legion World before. I...don't know what to do! Damn--how did they stop him the last time?!?!

<activates comlink> Des, where did you go?!? I need your counsel! <presses another messaging button> Roy, come to the Office! You faced the Bee before, right? Gods, I hope I'm remembering the file, right! Get over here--I need you!!!

<thinks about the Bots> Not sure this is the kind of threat they were made for....they probably wouldn't make a difference, here.

<presses all-call messaging on Omnicom> All uniforms, to the streets! I don't care if your off, on leave or just lost an arm--protect Legion World!!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#345776 03/02/11 09:59 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev flies out of the Office with a swarm of bees behind him. He turns his head and fries thousands with his heat vision. Lardy and Tempest hear a poppong sound as the bees that are hit with the heat vision pop.

"C'mon ya little bastards!" He screams as he flies off leading them away and heading towards the next swarm he can see.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#345777 03/02/11 10:06 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
(Tempest watches as Dev Em battles the bees.)

Dev won't win, these bees, the are not natural, by any means.

(Tempest floats off the roof, deciding to cover Dev Em. She releases white eldritch blasts, one after another, vaporizing bees, as if they never existed.)

There are too many, Dev, we can't keep this up, we need their master!!

#345778 03/02/11 10:10 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev flies back towards her and grabs her as gently as he can.

"When we get enough of them, encase them in a field that will hold them. A little heat vision to that and we can get rid of more...and yeah, I know it's a drop in the bucket...but until we find the Red Bee...it's all we have. And for what it's worth, I'm sorry too."

#345779 03/02/11 10:11 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<Cobalt flies in>

I'm here Lardy! I checked my Lounge to try to heal the injured but everyone is dead. Murdered.

If I know the Bee this is all a distraction. This swarm will pass and then start up again. He's toying with us.

The Bee is immensely powerful: the full extent of his powers have not yet been discovered. He once fought the entire LMB. If you think the bee stings hurt, when he touches you it's a pain unlike any other; we theorize it makes your brain feel your pain sensors overload to the point where your body starts to shut down.

But his greatest power is he is undetectable. We don't know how but both magic and technology can't locate him or film him. Even x-ray vision doesn't work. You can't hear him or smell him.

This isn't going to be easy.

#345780 03/02/11 10:13 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Exo-armor's force-shield is keeping the bees off me...for now. <shakes head> Just great! Dev's swooped off with Tempest while she's supposed to be rooting out the source! How could I have ever had so much faith in him?!?!

<Cobalt lands and Lardy listens to him> Well, Des, what the sprock worked last time?!!

#345781 03/02/11 10:16 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
(Tempest listens to Dev Em.)

All right, I will need some altitude. Stay here, until I give you the word.

(She flies through the sky, when she stops, she hovers with her eyes closed. The bees come after her, but as they get near her, the go up like a little white firecrackers. She spins her arms and hands in the air, then, large fangs appears behind her. The giant maw opens it's mouth and a small vortex effect occurs. Then, what seems to be thousands upon thousands of bees, go unwilling into the maw. Tempest moves her hands, the maw closes and turns into a sphere of containment.)

NOW, DEV!!!

#345782 03/02/11 10:21 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev lights up his vision as intense as he can. The orb is glowing red hot, and the sound coming from within is a hidious sound that none want to hear again.

"Get back down there and find HIM. I see another swarm headed towards mid town...I'm going to do what I can to help out there."

#345783 03/02/11 10:26 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
(Tempest flies down to Cobalt and Lardy.)

I don't admit to not being able to handle something, but Red Bee is hidden from the winds and magic. I can't sense him...perhaps a telepath?

Besides, I have trained with great medium...you should see the souls...

(Becomes silent, she looks at the two men, her eyes glisten.)

#345784 03/02/11 10:37 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Cobalt Kid hears Dev over his com-link, "Dev to Cobie. I'm going to try to find Power Boy. He said something earlier about what he wasn;t able to sense...maybe thatt can help us. Dev out."

#345785 03/03/11 06:07 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev lands with Power Boy.

"I hope he can help find Red Bee. If not he can at least help you guys stay safe and battle once you do find him. You'll have enoughfun soon enough Power Boy..."

He looks at Tempest. "Keep these two idiots safe till they figure something out...thanks."

Dev flies off once again. Cobie does notice however that Dev is moving just a little slower than usual, and they all can see theat his heat vision is becoming less intense.

#345786 03/03/11 09:08 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<Cobie watches Dev leave>

Is it the bees blocking out the sun? Or something else? Dev seems to be getting weaker.

<Cobie doesn't look up from his omni-com>

Speaking of which, you're being too hard on him and taking it too personally. Dev was doing the same as us, going with what he believed in. You're going to have to forgive him.

<before Lardy can responde Cobie cuts him off>

Found it. Here is the file on the first defeat of the Red Bee. You can see it was a combination of trickery and wearing him down that did him in. That trick won't work a second time.

The Bee has a calm, cold demeanor but when pushed he's crazy. That's something we can rely on.

I can still remember what he did to us. What that bastard did to Lolita. All the killing and destruction.

<lifts up shirt revealing washboard abs carved out of stone; among them is a scar from a bullet>

He shot both Eryk and myself. Went all the way through, leaving me this scar. I've always suspected that is why Eryk pulled back from being such an important part of LMBP missions on Legion World. It scarred us all in a way.

The second time he attacked he killed Space Ranger. Everyday Girl brought him by shooting through both knee caps but I've suspected he allowed her to do it; he was gloating over killing Space Ranger and getting caught allowed him to do it to the fullest effect.

I suggest everyone familiarize yourselves with the Red Bee's history by viewing the history of the LMBP. He almost destroyed us in "The Good, the Dark and the Dead" and once again by helping our enemies in "Infinite Crisis".

#345787 03/03/11 12:10 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev flew as fast as he could. He felt as if he was fighting against a tidal wave. There was nothing to hit, nothing to reason with, just continuous waves of bees coming from somewhere. He had been off planet when the LMB had faought Red Bee previously...but he had reviewed the files and understood that it had not been easy to stop him the last time.

He saw a swarm heading for a group of people trying to get into a building they thought would give them shelter.

"Everyone Down!" He yelled and unleashed his heat vision again.

His eyes were starting to hurt from the strain of using it so much.

He destroyed most of the swarm, at least enough to stop them from killing the group as they scuttled into the building.

#345788 03/03/11 12:31 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Wait, hold on. It\'s stopped.

<flies higher into the sky to look>

Just as quickly as it began, it seems.

Something else else is happening downtown. Lardy, are you heading down there?

<flies over to the Red Bee's message>

#345789 03/03/11 12:37 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev sees the bees disappear and flies up to get a better view of the city.

From there he sees the message.

"Great."

#345790 03/03/11 05:20 PM
Active
Active
Hot Chick lands setting down Furball and Lolita.

Furball looks at the front of the Security building..."Bloody Liberty...A bunch of bees did that?"

#345791 03/03/11 06:18 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
<thinks> This is big. Beyond big. My first big case as Chief, and I don't know what to do. Give me someone to hit...I'm fine. But huge swarms of mutant killer bees? If that was the Red Bee's opening salvo, I don't even wanna know what phase two might bring...

The Lard Bots. If I deploy all two thousand of them, they might be able to find him...

Lords, my fellow LMBers are practically ready to crucify me for even having them built! If I actually dare to deploy them, even in an our of great need, will they understand? Well, maybe Power Boy will come through for us, and I won't have to...

<looks at Hot Chick> What would they think if they new she was Kalla Hrykos ? I know all-too-well she's incredibly dangerous. And I've no choice but to let her walk among us. She could ruin me. I'm lucky Cobie hasn't put two and two together, especially with the use of her light powers.

Wait! Kalla told me she knows some things about this op from the Dark Oval's role. Maybe she can help me find the Bee...

#345792 03/03/11 06:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev lands in front of the headquarters. He takes Furball off to the side for a moment of privacy and the two are obviously not agreeing on whatever they are talking about.

Furball throws his arms up, turns and walks away. All anyone hears is him saying, "I'm not responsible for what happens then." As he walks away, he a huge dent into a already horribly damaged portion of one of the walls.

Dev looks totally exhausted...he looks up and sees Lardy. He takes a step like he is going to fly up and talk to him, and just closes his eyes instead, sighs and walks over to a wall and leans against it.

His features change and he looks human, except for the slight orange tinge he always has. He rubs his forehead wih his hand. He then pulls out his omni com and starts looking for something in it's memory.

#345793 03/03/11 07:19 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
<notices Dev & ponders what he did> If we weren't in such dire straits right now, I'd have him locked up. Maybe Cobie just thinks differently than me, but it's one thing to express a differing opinion and another to betray your sworn duty! Some would say it's a fine line, but to me the difference is like night and day. How could you, Dev? How could you undermine someone who showed you all the faith in the world?

<closes eyes and shakes head>

#345794 03/03/11 08:27 PM
Active
Active
Furball watches his brother for a while before looking up at Lardy. "That tears it."

He jumps and flips up to the roof in a few quick movements.

"Lardy. I know you don't really want to hear this right now, but what exactly are your plans here. What are we going to do next? You know he isn't going to just sit around and wait for us to figure out his master plan...grife, I'm surprised he even stopped at all based on what I've researched about him."

Furball kept moving closer to Lardy as he talked until he was right in his face. "I don't care if you like me or my Aunt Matilda...your people need some direction. Give them some."

#345795 03/03/11 08:37 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
<annoyed> It's not that simple, Furball. Not that it's any of your business, but I'm considering a couple of options. Most immediate is whether Power Boy can locate him.

<another thought strikes him> Do you have tracking abilities? I know he's unable to be detected by other means, but I'm not sure if that includes scent. We found one of the Bee's costumes in the powersphere, so there's something. Is that something you can do?

#345796 03/03/11 08:43 PM
Active
Active
Furball raises an eyebrow."Yeah, I can give it a shot. Anything beats sitting around here waiting. Give me someone to take along...If I run into this guy, I may need some backup," Furball smiles involuntarily, "and before you make a smart remark...I'm fast, I'm stronger than hell, and I know I have limitations. Going up against someone that can summon bees out of his arse is not something I want to do alone."

#345797 03/03/11 08:55 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
I'll let you go with Hot Chick. She's pretty good in a scrape and packs some firepower. She...also may have some idea where to look for him. Hold on a sec... <leaves and returns with an evidence bag & hands to Furball> ...the costume is in here. Be careful--but at the same time, don't be surprised if this turns into a wild goose chase.

#345798 03/03/11 09:11 PM
Active
Active
Furball takes the bag.

"Not much of a scent to go on here, but I am picking up something."

He shoves the costume back in the bag. He is about to turn and stops. "Ya know...every now and then I have hope for you."

He jumps off the side of the building and hits the ground near Hot Chick.

"Hey beautiful, Lardy wants us to go on an errand. We get to go hunting. I want to start at the Powersphere...so if you could..." he says as he holds his arms out and sighs. He smiles at those around, "beats walking though," he says and gives them a wink.

Page 17 of 27 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,059
Posts1,049,279
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
elsandoval
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star