Roll Call
1 members (Gaseous Lad), 21 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by thoth lad - 10/12/24 09:22 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 10/12/24 08:48 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 10/12/24 07:51 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 10/12/24 07:48 PM
Kill This Thread LVIII - Emerald Vi?!?
by stile86 - 10/12/24 07:47 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by stile86 - 10/12/24 07:40 PM
The Golden Age Legionnaire
by stile86 - 10/12/24 07:38 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Korbal - 10/12/24 05:05 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 27 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 26 27
Re: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
#345599 07/03/10 08:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
They better be ...

I wonder if Gladys can whip up some milkshakes ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#345600 07/04/10 03:48 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Red Arrow:
Red Arrow was beginning to settle in. She would take care of close matters first and go from there. The party reminded her of good times with the Thunderbolts. The parties at that grill called Street Levelers United were just as crazy. You never knew when Deadpool would decide to retheme the place as a sushi bar or an ice cream parlor. Red Arrow didn't like her ex-boyfriend becase he grew distant from humanity, even seemed to look down at the world. She preferred street-levelers and enjoyed being one.

She asked Anthony, "Since you lost your powers, have you began fighting or weapons training?"
Actually, I'm pretty adept at hand-to-hand and am an expert swordsman! Both were traditional aspects of our training at the Order of Lard Knights. Remember when I said I had been a monk? That's the particular one I meant. From your puzzled look, I assume there were no Lard Knights in your dimension.

I don't know much about other weapons. I always found archery fascinating--especially with trick arrows!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#345601 07/04/10 09:41 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Red Arrow replied, "I can show you trick arrows. Do you want to sneak away from here?" She was starting to get bored and felt that half these people wouldn't realize they were gone.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#345602 07/04/10 09:51 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Sounds like fun! Where to?

#345603 07/04/10 09:59 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
"You guys must have a training room of some sort. Let's go there and pencil in a little secession," Red Arrow replied. This man talked about how great his fightin skills were and she wanted to see them for herself. She hoped they had a holographic program, because she knew exactly the scenarios she wanted to plan.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#345604 07/04/10 10:04 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Why, yes, we do...I just had it put in! It's state-of-the-art with holographic simulations. I thought I'd call it something groovy like, I dunno...the "Danger Room"!

Wanna break it in? Follow me!

<he leads her deep into the compound and into the area>

What do you wanna run?

#345605 07/04/10 10:17 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Red Arrow was well-versed in these types of computers. She pushed the appropriate buttons and said, "Hell's Kitchen, New York." (Picture it as from Frank Miller's classic run) Red Arrow continued, "There are two warehouses. One of them contains a shipment of automatic assault rifles from some black market in the Midwest. The second warehouse is where a hostage is. Our task is to try to uncover both locations and not get killed." Red Arrow began selecting random thugs to put in their way.

#345606 07/04/10 10:22 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
<looks over her shoulder>

'Assault rifles', eh? Just keep in mind I'm not super anymore and dodging bullets would be a stretch! Now, if you wanna program some ninjas with swords....

<unsheathes his>

...well, I'd definitely have something for 'em!

#345607 07/04/10 10:29 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Red Arrow smiled, "Okay,you want me to make it hard? I'll throw some of the best villains of this into this, and then you'll be begging for the thugs." She selected some Hand ninjas, Bullseye, and Elektra. Red Arrow typed in a three hour time limit for the secession. The chrome walls faded away from sight as New York City, in all it's glory and misery, materialized.

#345608 07/04/10 10:34 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
<looks around>

Awright...which warehouse do we take?

#345609 07/04/10 10:41 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Red Arrow replies, "I think we should take the one with the assault rifles first. They might think we're just rival mercenaries, not heros. Then we can rescue the hostage. Do you have any objections?"

#345610 07/04/10 10:46 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Uh...nope.

<twirls sword a little to loosen up his arm and wrist muscles>

<thinks> Shit! I'm a little nervous, right now. Been a while since I went full-on without powers for back-up. Not since...

I'm ready, Emily. Lead the way.

#345611 07/04/10 10:57 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The holograms were very accurate. She could almost smell the dirt and the grim. Emily led the way. The time of the setting was very late at night. Her quiver was full of sharp arrows, freezing arrows, grenade arrows, and a couple of surprises. She heard a sound and drew her quiver.

"Meow", A creature in the darkness said. It was only a stray cat. Red Arrow let down her guard for two seconds before she heard a car park.

#345612 07/05/10 11:24 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Red Arrow:
Red Arrow was well-versed in these types of computers. She pushed the appropriate buttons and said, "Hell's Kitchen, New York." (Picture it as from Frank Miller's classic run) Red Arrow continued, "There are two warehouses. One of them contains a shipment of automatic assault rifles from some black market in the Midwest. The second warehouse is where a hostage is. Our task is to try to uncover both locations and not get killed." Red Arrow began selecting random thugs to put in their way.
<Unnoticed in the background, "jose jimenenenez" watches with interest as Red Arrow programs the simulation and smiles when she and Chief Taylor step into the "Danger Zone.">

Never let an opportunity pass. <Resets the simulation, upping the danger level to Maximum and disengaging the safety interlocks. Then uses a spell to leave a false Kree/Scrull DNA trail on the affected controls.>

They'll survive, but this will push Chief Taylor in the direction I want him to go...

Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.
#345613 07/05/10 12:22 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
<seemingly impossibly, twenty Hand ninjas emerge from the parked car, swords, nunchuks, throwing stars, etc. at the ready>

<they advance on Arrow and Lardy>

Damn, Emily--you aren't exactly easing into it, are you?

<grins, raises sword>

#345614 07/05/10 04:10 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Red Arrow was in her element. She shot four arrows at once. However, they kept coming from the top of the roof. She took out a time bomb arrow and shouted, "Cover me and when I say run we run!"

#345615 07/05/10 04:17 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
<Lardy charges into a group of ninjas>

<he finds himself relishing the battle as he takes down several of them>

Good to cut loose!

<suddenly one of them lunges at him and he dodges backwards>

<the enemy sword takes a slice out of his cheek>

Ow! <yells to Arrow> Did you take the safety locks off?

<parries a throwing star with his sword>

#345616 07/05/10 04:26 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
"No, I put it on minimum settings. I didn't want you to get hurt." Red Arrow replied. She didn't want to stop the simulation. This was how it was when she and Mockingbird fought Tyrian (new, younger version of The Purple Man) in Vegas last weekend. She said, "Thank You, now run!" Red Arrow fired the time bomb arrow at the roof.

#345617 07/05/10 05:11 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
<Lardy rolls out of the way as debris falls around him, loses his sword in the process>

<springs up and charges into a group to fight them at close range>

Well, I hope she's impressed, so far...

#345618 07/05/10 05:20 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Red Arrow said, "Status check time." She counts the arrows in her quiver. She notices that Anthony lost his sword. Red Arrow says, "I see a side entrance to the warehouse. I will go in through the front to distract him, while you go through the side to get to the weapons. If things get bad pretend to be The Punisher and use the guns."

#345619 07/05/10 05:32 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
<as he breaks a holo-ninja's neck> Is our objective to destroy the weapons or take them? <takes another's knees out>

#345620 07/05/10 06:03 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Red Arrow replied, "We are going to take them because they are valuable evidence." She points to the side entrance and runs to the front entrance. Red Arrow uses a lock pick to enter the door. The hallways are dark and there appears to be a lack of security. She pulls out a flashlight, looking for any traces that could lead to the weapons. Her search is interrupted by a sound in the air. She takes out her quiver and shots an arrow.

A familar figure replied, "You missed the bullesye, sweetheart."

#345621 07/05/10 06:23 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
<goes thru side entrance, finds case of weapons and opens it>

<among all the powerful weapons that are diassembled are two swords>

Good...because I hear...

<spins around in time to parry a deadly sai strike>

<kicks the attacker away from him and sees she's a deadly, beautiful warrior dressed in red>

I'm guessing you're the 'boss battle' in this portion of the game. We'll see who's boss!

<charges her>

#345622 07/05/10 07:01 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Red Arrow and Bullseye were neck and neck because both were using long-range weapons.She decided to cut the game short by sending a grenade arrow at the beam supporting the platform Bullesye was standing on.

Unfortunately he anticipated that move and met her below. It now became a hand-to-hand combat match, and Red Arrow wondered who would win.

#345623 07/05/10 07:42 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
<Lardy did everything he could to halt Elektra's advance, but she was the best fighter he's ever faced without power to back his skills up>

Gotta fight...dirty...

<Lardy remembered something he saw in the case and ran toward it, grabbed something, then pulled something out of it>

<suddenly he fell>

<he paused on the ground for a moment, then rolled to the right just as Elektra stabbed the ground where he'd been with her sais>

<as she began to pull them out of the floor she noticed something...a grenade!>

<in a split second she rolled to her left, then...>

<span style="font-size: 99px;">BOOM!</span>

Page 10 of 27 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,059
Posts1,049,323
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Ash, Beagz, rawhide
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Faraway Lad
Faraway Lad
Newcastle upon Tyne England
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star