Roll Call
0 members (), 17 Murran Spies, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/06/24 02:49 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/06/24 02:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/06/24 02:46 AM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/06/24 02:30 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Boy Kid Lad - 10/05/24 08:33 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Boy Kid Lad - 10/05/24 08:31 PM
UFO (1970)
by profh0011 - 10/05/24 02:52 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Eryk Davis Ester - 10/05/24 09:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: The Mainframe of the Reboot
#315911 07/14/04 01:03 PM
Reboot Online Shocked OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Online Shocked
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Varalent:
Vee runs for cover before SoM can catch him!!!
*whack*whack*

Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
[b]I belive that in a Free society one must always stand for the rights of an individual and never sacrifice liberty for safety.
Now where have I read something like that quoted recently???

confused

Why look! There it is.....right under each SoM post!!

"He who would sacrifice a little bit of liberty for a little bit of safety deserves neither." - Benjamin Franklin"

Imagine that! laugh [/b]
That's my sane side. My Mad side is currently chasing Faraway Lad smile

Besides, with great rights come great responsibilites tongue

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#315912 07/14/04 01:10 PM
Leader
Leader
Figures you'd pull a "Duo Dude". Next thing you know both of you are going to be chasing after. Triad

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#315913 07/14/04 03:05 PM
Reboot Online Shocked OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Online Shocked
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by ActorLad:
Figures you'd pull a "Duo Dude". Next thing you know both of you are going to be chasing after. Triad
I was thinking more Hulk than Triad smile

Although I'd chase Lu any day tongue

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#315914 07/15/04 07:11 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
In the command deck of most Legion Worlds, Triad is busy coordinating systems and events.

In the command building of our Legion World, Triad is busy running from lusting fans (though she still reminds us of important events...like Carggaphile's recent birthday)! laugh

#315915 07/15/04 01:46 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
To my most honored and noble aristocratic brothers of Legion World,

I would like to make the following points, and in the hopes of keeping it as brief as possible I have made it in the format of bullet points:

-We must make a distiction between the motives of Glorith, a possible usurper, and the motives of Faraway Lad, who possesses, and therefore cannot help but use, those charms that I also frequently use on young lusty females.

-I believe that the conduct of Faraway Lad, a most honored and revered LMBer and LWer, has exemplified the fine standard that we of Leigon World have come to expect. This should be noted in whatever happens, that my loyal brother has proven, through his conduct, that he is a man of honor.

-I do not, and never will, believe that the sexual relations of any man or woman can be equitable to treason or compromising security. As Chief of Security, a position that I hold for life, I can see sexual relations as nothing more than "wetting the whistle" as they say.

-In my role as Security Chief, I will ensure that the Legions of Faraway Lad are accomadated for, and that no resulting chaos will ensure.

-In my role as Triumvir, I have alerted my armies to this small, but possibly large, problem facing Legion World, and have asked for the opinions of my head generals on matters of the army entering our cities. I hope it does not come to that.

Long live liberty.

Cobalt Kid
Chief of Security
Triumvir

#315916 07/15/04 03:37 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Most noble and honored Triumvir.

I Legate Dardanus of the Britania Legion wish once more to thank you for you offer of brotherhood and more importantly provisions. I was concerned that my hungry troops may have viewed the fires and warmth of Legion World as a temptation and would have paid unauthorized visits to some of the facilities. Your many gifts of fine weapons and armour reflect well upon your generous sprit.

Yet thanks to your intervention my well fed and trained Legion stands ready to march once again with yours to gain honor, booty and slaves. I have moved most of my troops to a suitable marching point. Should you require personal asistance I can release 3,000 naked female archers to cover your flanks.

A number of posters have already requested protection from the armies of the Triumvirate. As a precaution I have placed 12 of my finest Varengian Guard spearmen in Varelents private quarters.

Should any other poster require similar honors I shall be delighted to oblige.

Faithfull
#315917 07/15/04 04:10 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I must say these Varengian Guard spearmen are quite disciplined, have enourmous stamina, and are fervent in their desire to guard my body! It's truly impressive to see them eagerly stand there with their spears, at rigid attention for as long as it takes to satisfy my whims!

Thank you for assigning them to my detail, Legate Dardanus. I am most appreciative.

laugh

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#315918 07/18/04 02:37 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Based upon Cobalt's recommendations, I'm certainly willing to drop charges, if:

1. Faraway Lad clarifies his intentions regarding his fraternization with an avowed would-be usurper, and puts forward a meaningful guarantee that Legion World will not be compromised;

2. Our fearless leader agrees, and

3. Faraway Lad agrees to a probationary period inclusive of any stipulations Cobalt or our leader may impose.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#315919 07/19/04 01:37 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My dear Director. Thank you for your kind offer to try to end the current difficult impasse.

Although I am unable to fully comment on your proposed conciliatory gesture until my legal team have had a chance to examine the proposals in detail, I am, in a similar sprit of co operation and mediation, prepared to make the following comments. They are of course made “off the record” and “without prejudice” to any final settlement we may reach.

Your first point is perhaps the least contentious of all and I can give here and now a categorical assurance that I have never in the past, nor will I ever in the future, willingly do anything to compromise the safety and security of the inhabitants of Legion World. My intentions towards Glorith were and are honourable. As a trained Ambassador of many years standing with particular expertise in dealing with female Monarchs, I felt that I was uniquely placed to meet with and discuss diplomatic matters with this autocratic Monarch. I was of course encouraged in this view by the secret protocols agreed with head of security Cobalt Kid during the administration of previous leader Stu Rat. Unfortunately state security prohibits me from going into too many details of my probing of Glorith and I will have to refer the most noble Director to the Head of Security for authority to disclose information of a sensitive nature.

Your second point is of course most moot and I look forward to receiving some indication of the Leaders inclination in this matter at your earliest convenience.

I do not think a period of probation is appropriate. I have many years of exemplary service to the inhabitants of Legion World and my abilities are recognized by all.

As Ambassador and Legate of the Britannia Legion I am of course happy to place myself and my Legion under the command of security chief and Triumvir Cobalt. His lawful instructions will be followed to the letter by me and those warbands loyal to me.

Faithfull
#315920 07/19/04 02:28 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
As Ambassador and Legate of the Britannia Legion I am of course happy to place myself and my Legion under the command of security chief and Triumvir Cobalt.
Ummm...Point of Clarification or Personal Priviledge! Am I correct that this does not include the Varengian Spearman? They stay under me...I mean, my command, right? laugh

#315921 07/21/04 04:41 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My Dear Varalent I am delighted that you have been spending so much time keeping on top of my Varangians. The drilling you have been giving them is really starting to show and I have never seen such highly polished helmets.

However, these men are part of a unit which is integral to the fighting efficiency of my left wing. I am concerned that they do not become merely a ceremonial unit but maintain the thrusting aggression for which they are justly famed. To this end I would like to propose that we instigate a rotation system which will see 12 new Varangians arrive to replace the existing team every month? Would that be acceptable to you?

These Varangians were offered both as a symbol of my esteem, to honour you and as personal protection in a time of much uncertainty as various armies mass on the borders of Legion World during my current and unfortunate dispute with the leadership. As such they will of course remain with you, and available to do your bidding, for as long as need be.

Faithfull
#315922 07/21/04 09:13 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Esteemed Legate Dardenus:

You suggestion for a rotation schedule seems very appropriate. I, too, wish to insure that the Varangian Spearman keep their thrusting skills finely tuned.

I look forward to inspecting and drilling a new squad of twelve at the start of every month for as long as you see fit to leave them assigned to my care.

#315923 07/21/04 09:20 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Esteemed Legate Dardenus:

I look forward to inspecting and drilling a new squad of twelve at the start of every month for as long as you see fit to leave them assigned to my care.
I don't know V. It's your business but it's my understanding that these Varengian Guard spearmen shrink terribly after use and if not wearing special latex raincoats can transmit all kinds of petulance.

Might I suggest you bargain for nubile, uh, I mean new trainies only? As I said, it's your biz. Just trying to help out with what the walls have heard.

#315924 07/21/04 10:02 AM
strange but not a stranger
*Posts on wall near the front door*

Help Wanted: Receptionist

Must fit in with office decor, answer phones, greet clients, and other tasks.

Position requires flexability.

Apply at Quislette's Super Law Firm of Space

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#315925 07/21/04 12:31 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Quislette, I'm certain that our esteemed friend Legate Dardenus Faraway would be happy to offer you a contingent of Varengian Spearman as well. Perhaps one of them is properly trained and can satisfy your staff needs.
laugh

#315926 07/21/04 12:51 PM
OOOOO a spearman!!!!!

Would you be willing to train him? Give him a few pointers as it were.

#315927 07/21/04 01:46 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Quislette, Esq:
OOOOO a spearman!!!!!

Would you be willing to train him? Give him a few pointers as it were.
Why, it would be my pleasure, as it were! laugh

#315928 07/22/04 03:34 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My dear Quislette

As my lawyer I was a little nervous of offering you a similar honour in case it was seen as somehow inappropriate. However if you are sure it is all above board then I can arrange for a second detachment of Varangians to be sent over to your office. As with V they will be under you, your command that is, and will take full responsibility for your safety should Legion World suffer any attack.

With honour and respect.

Legate Dardanus.

Ps surely you were a man last time we met?

Faithfull
#315929 07/23/04 11:24 AM
My dear Quislette

As my lawyer I was a little nervous of offering you a similar honour in case it was seen as somehow inappropriate. However if you are sure it is all above board then I can arrange for a second detachment of Varangians to be sent over to your office. As with V they will be under you, your command that is, and will take full responsibility for your safety should Legion World suffer any attack.

With honour and respect.

Legate Dardanus.

Ps surely you were a man last time we met?
Faraway Lad,

It is that nasty gender reversal germ. I seem to have picked it up somewhere. I consulted with Dr. Gym'll and he prescribed a method for working the bug out of my system.

It would be sweet of you to send one spearman to work in my office. I like to keep the office diverse, so I think I'll pick the other receptionists from other walks of life. Plus the office is too small to handle a whole detachment.

#315930 07/23/04 12:18 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Quislette, Esq. and others-

The Security Office is working overtime to rid Legion World of the gender-reversal germs that have been illegally smuggled into the city. While most of it has been conviscated, there is still some at large.

-Cobalt Kid
Chief of Security

#315931 07/23/04 02:04 PM
Active
Active
mmmmmmmm, that name rings a bell? Must return to hut to check something

Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!
#315932 07/25/04 04:48 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Methinks I smell a rat....

See my 'Why' post.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#315933 07/26/04 01:45 PM
Active
Active
Rats' Mmmmmmmm. good eating on a rat.

Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!
#315934 07/26/04 07:42 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Oh dear, whatever shall happen when Stu shows up again.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#315935 07/27/04 08:32 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
STU might need an entourage from now on around the Mission Monitor Board.

Hrun, as a rat connoisseur, I think you and Stoopid Cat or Jinx may get along just fine.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,057
Posts1,049,061
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Comic Addict Lad, izi
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
String
String
The Bright, Sunny South
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star