Roll Call
1 members (Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad), 35 Murran Spies, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/06/24 02:49 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/06/24 02:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/06/24 02:46 AM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/06/24 02:30 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Boy Kid Lad - 10/05/24 08:33 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Boy Kid Lad - 10/05/24 08:31 PM
UFO (1970)
by profh0011 - 10/05/24 02:52 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Eryk Davis Ester - 10/05/24 09:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: The Mainframe of the Reboot
#315886 07/08/04 10:33 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well chaps if anyone wants me I shall be in Gloriths room getting down and.......

Ermmm I mean indulging in..........

no really, what I mean is an Ambassadorial meeting, yea thats it. laugh

Now Glorith my dear, where's that Royal birthmark you wanted to show me.

Faithfull
#315887 07/08/04 01:52 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
Well chaps if anyone wants me I shall be in Gloriths room getting down and.......

Ermmm I mean indulging in..........

no really, what I mean is an Ambassadorial meeting, yea thats it. laugh

Now Glorith my dear, where's that Royal birthmark you wanted to show me.
Dear I want to show you more than my birthmark.

Evil Has Come To Legion World
#315888 07/08/04 02:24 PM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
Office of the LMBP Leader
GovernMental Building
Legionworld
LG10 NET

Dear Faraway Lad,

You're fired.

Yours Sincerely
Sanity or Madness?
LMBP Leader.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#315889 07/08/04 02:26 PM
Leader
Leader
Does that mean Faraway Lad was really the Time Trapper?

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#315890 07/08/04 02:33 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Holy Cosmic Boy! Can it be true, Faraway?

#315891 07/08/04 04:33 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Office of the LMBP Leader
GovernMental Building
Legionworld
LG10 NET

Dear Faraway Lad,

You're fired.

Yours Sincerely
Sanity or Madness?
LMBP Leader.
I'm sorry are you under some misguided fantasy that you actually have some authority?

#315892 07/09/04 03:48 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ah well such is the vagrancies of life in the diplomatic core.

Dear Mr SoM,
As you failed to follow any procedure, nor indeed did you undertake any investigation into the current situation, I shall of course be taking you to an Industrial Tribunal for Unfair Dismissal, Breech of Contract, Wages Act claims, and of course injury to feeling.

I would also point out that as a holder of a royal commission from our founders I can not technically be dismissed by an elected official. I therefore will remain at my post until i have communicated with either Nightcrawler or Lightning Lad as to my position within Legion World.

However, should you wish to discuss a potential compromise payment then I will of course be open to all communications.

The Keys to the ambassadorial residence are under the mat at the front door. I shall be with my Legion Serving Cobaltus.

Faithfull
#315893 07/09/04 04:54 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Should you need an attorney

Quislet\'s Super Law Firm...of Space!

#315894 07/09/04 08:23 PM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
Check the Commission - I can dismiss you, but only for Treason (which includes l'collaboration horizontale). laugh

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#315895 07/09/04 08:25 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Mr Madness I ask you humbly to hire Mr. Farway back or I will pull your bowels through your nose.

See I can be nice!

#315896 07/09/04 08:44 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Interesting choices. I'm sure SoM's own response will be equally as interesting. smile

Glorith is making progress, somewhat! At least we're starting to get options outside of just mindless worship. I don't suppose any of my stress-reliever tips for those bent on world-domination helped, Glorith?

#315897 07/10/04 10:48 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Far, as Legate of your own armies, second in rank to only myself, you have probably amassed a larger fortune than anyone besides the three triumvirs! There's no need to worry about money anymore, especially since it's all tax-free--we've taken it as booty in war!

Why, just the other day, Grey, EDE and I decided to pay a Khund an enormous sum just to see if he could stand upside down for a whole day while having ice cream pumped into his mouth through a hose!

#315898 07/10/04 11:11 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Check the Commission - I can dismiss you, but only for Treason (which includes l'collaboration horizontale). laugh
I may have done many things whilst in the Service oh illustrious leader, but Treason is never one of them. My Loyalty is first and foremost to Legion World. As any well trained spook may tell you however, sometimes appearances can be deceptive.

And by the way, I have never been horizontal with Glorith wink

Faithfull
#315899 07/10/04 11:17 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Far, as Legate of your own armies, second in rank to only myself, you have probably amassed a larger fortune than anyone besides the three triumvirs! There's no need to worry about money anymore, especially since it's all tax-free--we've taken it as booty in war!

Why, just the other day, Grey, EDE and I decided to pay a Khund an enormous sum just to see if he could stand upside down for a whole day while having ice cream pumped into his mouth through a hose!
Dear Cobalt,

Of course I am disgustingly rich, but you as a Triumvir of all people should know you can never pass up an opportunity to loot, no let me say accquire, more. After all the other day it cost me two bags of Venturian Walking Money just to get that Coluian drunk enough to walk naked through the Skararian moopsball team shower room after the contest. wink

Two bags!!! in my youth it would only have cost half a bag. shake

Faithfull
#315900 07/10/04 01:45 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
This I understand! Why, it's common knowledge that I'm security chief for life and am payed for it in booze, groupies and confiscated paraphenalia!

#315901 07/11/04 05:34 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
All-

As Director of External Affairs, it appears to me that Faraway Lad has indeed been conducting an external affair with Glorith - without my direction.

Therefore, I must regretably follow my duty and press charges under Section 45(b) of the External Affairs Code, the section specifically dealing with affairs with pseudo-deities that compromise or attempt to compromise Legion World security.

Section 45(b) clearly states that the Accused can be suspended from all official duties, if our elected Leader so determines.

The Accused must relinquish any and all Legion World property, and must change his/her avatar to a likeness ofd Ernest Borgnine, or as close as can be reasonably arranged, until the Court Martial has been completed.

Section 45(b) allows our Leader to appoint the Court Martial jury as well, although the most senior Legion World member available must serve as judge.

Respectfully submitted,

Kent Shakespeare
Director of External Affairs

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#315902 07/12/04 01:04 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
To the most noble Director of External Affairs.

Greeting from your Fraternal Brother.

Sorry but I couldn’t find an Ernest Borgnine avatar. So I have taken something equally attractive. I shall of course look forward to obtaining full exoneration at the Court Martial and reactivating my original avatar.

I understand in cases such as these, that it is traditional for a Legate to move his Headquarters closer to legion world in order to facilitate the swift and unimpeded passage of documents and hostages. As director of external affairs can I request that you make the necessary arrangements for provisions and entertainments to be made available for my 10,000 semi naked warriors? I will also need stabling for my personal accommodation, or as you know it, the super moby dick of space.

Although I shall of course need to discuss with my space lawyers the full details of my defence I will say now that I shall be able to provide the court with full holographic evidence of all my dealings with, what I must say is a rather sad young woman, and not the empire building monster most here seem to think. In particular the in depth probing both young Lash and myself gave her last week will prove most illuminating for you. I do think that the information extracted in this marathon session will in fact add to and not detract from the security of Legion World.

Finally may I refer you to secret security protocol Alpha six six six Alpha, section 12 paragraph 14b (i) and 14f (iii) which states that deep undercover operatives acting under the full authority of the Security Office’s secret black and blue ops division, shall receive such sinecure for life as they desire.

Faithfull
#315903 07/12/04 02:31 PM
strange but not a stranger
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
All-

As Director of External Affairs, it appears to me that Faraway Lad has indeed been conducting an external affair with Glorith - without my direction.

Therefore, I must regretably follow my duty and press charges under Section 45(b) of the External Affairs Code, the section specifically dealing with affairs with pseudo-deities that compromise or attempt to compromise Legion World security.

Section 45(b) clearly states that the Accused can be suspended from all official duties, if our elected Leader so determines.

The Accused must relinquish any and all Legion World property, and must change his/her avatar to a likeness ofd Ernest Borgnine, or as close as can be reasonably arranged, until the Court Martial has been completed.

Section 45(b) allows our Leader to appoint the Court Martial jury as well, although the most senior Legion World member available must serve as judge.

Respectfully submitted,

Kent Shakespeare
Might I inquire as to what evidence you have that Faraway Lad's alleged affair in anyway compromised or attempted to compromise Legion World Security?

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#315904 07/12/04 04:42 PM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
Quislet - the proof of an affair having occured is, as you well know, under Section 45 (b) (iv), sufficient proof of Treason. There is no requirement to prove that information or further favours were involved. smile

And just to clarify:
[b] Check the Commission - I can dismiss you, but only for Treason (which includes l'collaboration horizontale). laugh
I may have done many things whilst in the Service oh illustrious leader, but Treason is never one of them. My Loyalty is first and foremost to Legion World. As any well trained spook may tell you however, sometimes appearances can be deceptive.

And by the way, I have never been horizontal with Glorith wink [/b]
Yes, and the activity known as "sleeping with" rarely involves sleep smile The meaning stands, even if the literal side doesn't fit tongue

#315905 07/12/04 07:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Faraway Lad-

Having run a standard credit check on your current bank accounts, it appears that you are paying your staff solely on credit, and could not likely afford to reimburse Legion World governance for the requests that you have made, as such reimbursement would be required if you are indeed convicted.

I have taken the liberty of arranging a dedicated threshold between your establishment and our courtroom, pending the approval of Cobalt. He, of course, will be seeing to threshold security, checking yourself and any and all retainers for firearms, explosives, shoelaces, wet noodles, and Legion World towels missing from guest quarters, as well as any other items he may see fit to include.

Most Sincerely,

Kent Shakespeare

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#315906 07/13/04 12:25 PM
Quislet - the proof of an affair having occured is, as you well know, under Section 45 (b) (iv), sufficient proof of Treason. There is no requirement to prove that information or further favours were involved. smile

And just to clarify:
[b]
[b] Check the Commission - I can dismiss you, but only for Treason (which includes l'collaboration horizontale). laugh

And by the way, I have never been horizontal with Glorith wink [/b]
Yes, and the activity known as "sleeping with" rarely involves sleep smile The meaning stands, even if the literal side doesn't fit tongue [/b]
S or M,

Not to question you, fearless leader, but I believe the section iun question is worded thusly :
Section 45(b) of the External Affairs Code, the section specifically dealing with affairs with pseudo-deities that compromise or attempt to compromise Legion World security.
From the wording, it is not just an affair that is treason, but an affair that compromises or attempts to compromise Legion World security. Therefore, there must be some evidence that the said affair compromised or attempted to compromise Legion World security in order to be treason.

I resubmit my request for evidence that Faraway Lad's alleged affair compromised or attempted to compromise Legion Security.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#315907 07/13/04 12:48 PM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
[b] Quislet - the proof of an affair having occured is, as you well know, under Section 45 (b) (iv), sufficient proof of Treason. There is no requirement to prove that information or further favours were involved. smile
S or M,

Not to question you, fearless leader, but I believe the section iun question is worded thusly :
Section 45(b) of the External Affairs Code, the section specifically dealing with affairs with pseudo-deities that compromise or attempt to compromise Legion World security.
From the wording, it is not just an affair that is treason, but an affair that compromises or attempts to compromise Legion World security. Therefore, there must be some evidence that the said affair compromised or attempted to compromise Legion World security in order to be treason.

I resubmit my request for evidence that Faraway Lad's alleged affair compromised or attempted to compromise Legion Security.[/b]
And I point out to you in turn that that is not a verbatim quote, but Director Shakespeare's own spin on the clause. And that even Dir S version has the "comprimise or attempt to comprimise" refer to the pseudo-deity's attempt to compromise security, not the affair itself. And I doubt that even you could dispute that Glorith has attempted to comprimise security.

#315908 07/13/04 02:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
And if I may suggest. My reading of the term "affair" simply relates to an action or series of events, as in the "affair of the stolen necklace" I would therefore submit that there has to be evidence that my actions caused or were likely to cause a security breach.

By your own words

"compromise or attempt to compromise" refer to the pseudo-deity's attempt to compromise security, not the affair itself." my emphasis.

Therefore you accept that the affair itself is not a breach of security. I therefore repeat that there must be evidence produced that my actions caused a breach. And not to infer that because Glorith may or may not harbour ill intentions to Legion World the existence of a romantic (or otherwise) relationship between two free and consenting adults does not of and in it self prove any culpability in statue or tort.

It does not necessarily mean an illicit sexual relationship (which by the way I deny fully, to borrow a phrase from an ancient American President, "I never had an illicit sexual relationship with that woman" (wags finger at holocamera) ) means that I am guilty of anything other than a lack of judgement.

I belive that in a Free society one must always stand for the rights of an individual and never sacrifice liberty for safety.

Faithfull
#315909 07/13/04 03:36 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
That's it. I'm dropping out of law school.

Okay, I'm not in law school but if I was, I'm saying...

Must find something simple to do like astro-physics.

#315910 07/14/04 11:39 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I belive that in a Free society one must always stand for the rights of an individual and never sacrifice liberty for safety.
Now where have I read something like that quoted recently???

confused

Why look! There it is.....right under each SoM post!!

"He who would sacrifice a little bit of liberty for a little bit of safety deserves neither." - Benjamin Franklin"

Imagine that! laugh

Vee runs for cover before SoM can catch him!!!

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,057
Posts1,049,061
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Comic Addict Lad, izi
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star