Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 31 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:25 AM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:20 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Whither the Election Tyrant?
#201146 02/13/09 11:47 PM
Active
Active
Excellent! I really need an outsider's perspective in this massive undertaking.

Shenu, the DMP is the Department of Moral Purity. It's purpose is to maintain and promote the innate goodness of the LMBP and Legion World!

Together we'll root out Lard Lad and any of his co-conspirators that pose a threat to the very fabric of our society!

#201147 02/13/09 11:49 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
[fans self]

It's been ages since anyone's implied that I'm a threat to their societal fabric.

This thread is making me feel like a giddy twenty-one-year-old on her first legal alcoholic rampage-- all over again !!

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#201148 02/13/09 11:50 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Disaster Boy:
don't worry shenu, i'll despoil clive.

bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaha

ha ha

HA!

anyways, is it election time already....
No, it's not! Haven't you been paying attention, "Disaster Boy"?

And as my ex-boyfriend recently fout out--I'm not looking to be "despoiled"! So go find someone of your own ilk to engage in fornication with!

#201149 02/13/09 11:51 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by cleome:
[fans self]

It's been ages since anyone's implied that I'm a threat to their societal fabric.

This thread is making me feel like a giddy twenty-one-year-old on her first legal alcoholic rampage-- all over again !!
Yuggh! I'm going to be physically ill! puke

#201150 02/14/09 12:00 AM
Honorary
Honorary
Originally posted by Virgin Lad:
Shenu, the DMP is the Department of Moral Purity. It's purpose is to maintain and promote the innate goodness of the LMBP and Legion World!

Together we'll root out Lard Lad and any of his co-conspirators that pose a threat to the very fabric of our society!
I am all in favour of this, but will we end up at odds?
Fornication outside of marriage is wrong, however a man in power is allowed several concubines provided he has married first and produced a legitiamate heir.
In my culture the imbibing of wines was common place, however strong spirits and mind altering substances were reserved for the ruling class in religious rituals.
These are a few of things I believe may clash with your concept of morality. If they do i fear we cannot work together, but I hope we can. You seem a fine, upstanding young man, who is firm in his convictions!

Through the sands of time
an ancient evil unleashed
I come to end it
its path of destruction
#201151 02/14/09 12:07 AM
Active
Active
I recognize and appreciate the morality of other cultures, Shenu. So we have no quarrel, there. I realize that virginity and being free from substances are not the norm in virtually any modern culture. They are my aspirations, and I'm not inclined to force anyone to do as I do. I do hope to inspire by example and by spreading the word, however.

The higher goal of the DMP is to root out those whose immorality threatens the the very fabric of Legion World's society! I'd say imposters claiming to be our greatest heroes would fit the bill, wouldn't you agree?

#201152 02/14/09 12:20 AM
Honorary
Honorary
Aye, by that measure we certainly have a common goal. There are other imposters we must root out as well. I have been observing for some time and have compiled a partial list.

Abin Quank - He is a Green Lantern, yet he lives in a yellow submarine...how can this be?
Spellbinder - I have yet to see her bind a spell. She has cast many away, but never bound one
dedman - he is governor, yet was never elected
Rockhopper Lad - have you ever seen him hopping about on rocks?

There may be more to follow

I come to end it
its path of destruction
#201153 02/14/09 12:23 AM
3-G Offline
Substitute
Substitute
You boys are so silly. Lardy's such a dear, I'm not sure who you little people are but I can personally guarantee that anyone who dresses with such snap and pizzazz couldn't possibly be evil.
I should know.

Now I don't usually do much of this running around punching bad guys, time traveling and dimension hopping and all that meta-stuff here since I have a business to run.
-I'm busy with my spring super villain fashion line, I have some new accessories that are simply faboo but as in all things they simply must be "tweaked" to present just the right statement for just the right interstellar super criminal-

BUT (I digress)
If you newcomer super badasses continue to be so mean to my dear friend and long time ally Lardy and I just might have to throw a hissy fit and stomp one of you like an annoying little Durlan cucarocha with my dainty size 149 titanium toed hand crafted Winathian leather Gucci boot.

Capice?

..and just who is this handsome little fellow with the funny accent and feathers in his hair? What an adorable look. Are those pecs real? And what a tight little...oops did I say that outloud?

I'm too sexy for my shirt.
#201154 02/14/09 12:25 AM
Honorary
Honorary
<aside>

Hmmm.....I forsee a murder, but who will it be?
Ha, it matters not whoever it is, I can use the death to grasp more power. Hopefully it will be one of the two vying for dominance...the vile LardLad or my new companion, Clive.

<end aside>

I come to end it
its path of destruction
#201155 02/14/09 12:31 AM
Active
Active
<to GGG>

Threats will not dissuade me from my Holy Mission!

<to Shenu>

Yes, I've had my eye on them...and others. Especially, the returned Space Ranger!

We must find other right-minded individuals to join our ranks to cleanse Legion World and the LMBP of what ails them!

Gary Concord is one such individual. Yes, he's affiliated himself recently with the Lard Lad imposter, but I feel that was only in order to further his personal vendetta against Cobalt Kid! Otherwise, he's a perfect candidate!

I wonder who else may serve this worthy cause....

#201156 02/14/09 12:33 AM
3-G Offline
Substitute
Substitute
Oh, you're already taken? What a lucky boy.

Well, I never interfere with an ongoing relationship. Do you two plan a Committment Party? I just love parties.

#201157 02/14/09 12:39 AM
Active
Active
We're not involved, Giant, in the way you suggest. And we're not about being "mean" to anyone.

Listen, you have a fine reputation on Legion World....if you're concerned about our activities, why not join us so you can make sure we're on the up-and-up?

#201158 02/14/09 01:07 AM
3-G Offline
Substitute
Substitute
Oh don't be nervous you silly willy. I haven't actually stepped on a LMBer in simply ages and ages, not since that awful Emerald VI storyline. That girl...gggrrrr.

I'm afraid I owe my support to Lard Lad if he wants to run, he's been in the LMB even longer than I have and I'm not saying how long that is (a girl has to have some secrets). It's sweet of you to ask though.

Now about that party, I can offer you quite a shindig at an awesome discount. I have connections all over and all the best A-list heroes and villians will be there.
Promise.

#201159 02/14/09 02:20 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Bob!
Do you mind? Quit flirting with the boys you tease.

We've got 14 tons of work to do back at the mall and here I find you trying to get a date with some thick headed slim waisted muscle bound hunk.
Not that I blame you (I know how much you like the fellas) but to be truthful I'm not sure Virgin Lad's name is entirely accurate.

Come on you, we have a spring line of shoulder holsters, hidden zip pouches and thermal triggers to get out. I'm heavily leveraged here, are you trying to break me?

#201160 02/14/09 07:04 AM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
[b] Ah, I've run against Lardy in the past. Been there, done that.

We've had insane leaders before. It adds to the fun! And we all know the Deps do the real work anyway (that's why I want Cleome as his running mate)
Well, here's what worries me, Friends: With me and Lardy on the same ticket, it won't be all that balanced from a weight standpoint. Without the backing of the diet industry, can we really count on the airtime necessary to achieve a crucial amount of the public's attention ?

I still like the idea of a woman on the ticket. Maybe Cali's available. She looks pretty trim in her avatar. Or what about Mechana ? She can color like a demon, so they tell me. That's got to be a strong selling point in a tight race. [/b]
That's why I nominated you for leader.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#201161 02/14/09 07:21 AM
Honorary
Honorary
Hello people. I know I haven't been around much. But I have been busy talking with all the no posters. And on their behalf, I nominate myself for Leader of the LMBP.

#201162 02/14/09 07:45 AM
Active
Active
So, it's time for the LMBP to hold another farcical election. What a unique idea, all the little "heroes" get together and have a popularity contest.

I think I'll participate in this one.

And to make things even more interesting I propose a few silght alterations to the rules.

1st change, none of this 2nd highest vote getter is ths Deputy horse-pucky. Nominate a running mate for the candidates, you want to lead a team, run for the position as a team.

2nd change, debates should be a little more physical. Stating your position articulately is fine but can you do that while defending ypurself from a rapidly escalating physical attack? You're the ones that want to lead a team of "heroes". So the question is... are you both physically and mentally up to the task?

So...

I nominate myself and Frio to run as a team for the Leader/Deputy Leader Positions.

And...

I challenge the 'team' of Lard Butt Putz and Cleome to a "debate".

Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.
#201163 02/14/09 09:14 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
I nominated you for leader.
Second!

#201164 02/14/09 09:20 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod, I like can't wait until I'm old enough to vote...

I'd vote for that cute Mr. Shakeyrear... or maybe Mr. Quizzy-Poo.

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#201165 02/14/09 09:53 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I like the idea of two people running together as Leader/Deputy Leader. It might give the elections some very much neeeded spice after several boring ones.

Not bad, Gary Concord. For a douchebag. tongue

#201166 02/14/09 10:43 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Legions are about teamwork Mr. Concord. You seem to confuse raw power with leadership. If you knew your history you'd see that many of the best were some of the physically weakest and some of the worst were physical brutes.
I'm afraid your offer to battle it out for the Leadership position must be denied.

#201167 02/14/09 10:47 AM
Quislet, Esq.:
That's why I nominated you for leader.
(sigh.) Very well, then. Clearly destiny is calling me, much as it once did cartoon Bouncing Boy, not to mention the Reverend Dr. King. I will compromise and stick with the Deputy post for now, in order to quell any fears from the old-timers regarding my relatively scant political experience.

Anyway, with Kent as our better-coiffed, more classically-edjucated Rove/Rahm we can't miss no matter whose got the main seat, right ?

I'll see about finding a suit in the wardrobe that still fits, and doing something about my long-ass hippie hair before the first debate.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#201168 02/14/09 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Virgin Lad:
[b][fans self]

Yuggh! I'm going to be physically ill! puke [/b]
I would have expected more stamina from someone with such a prepossessing avatar, Mr. Lad.

Don't worry about the floor. I'll have the 'bots tend to it just as soon as I've put the final touches on Lardy's weekend press release.

#201169 02/14/09 11:02 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Legions are about teamwork Mr. Concord. You seem to confuse raw power with leadership. If you knew your history you'd see that many of the best were some of the physically weakest and some of the worst were physical brutes.
I'm afraid your offer to battle it out for the Leadership position must be denied.
Am I to assume that you are the new self appointed Election Tyrant YK?

If that's true then I suggest you appoint someone to read for you.

I never suggested anyone "Battle it out for the Leadership position." I suggested a way to both liven up the upcoming (mostly useless) debates and to see which candidates are truly "Cool under Fire."

But if --as usual-- the 'heroes' of the LMBP are afraid...

Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.
#201170 02/14/09 11:12 AM
Honorary
Honorary
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I like the idea of two people running together as Leader/Deputy Leader. It might give the elections some very much neeeded spice after several boring ones.

Not bad, Gary Concord. For a douchebag. tongue
If one must have a running mate for this election, I can think of no one I'd rather have at my side, whether on a dipolmatic mission or in a gunfight, than Everyday Girl.

Everyday Girl and I have shown our belief in Legion World and are pledging to serve her well as Leader and Deputy Leader.

Bring on your challenges Mr. Concord. You will find the Handbasket/Girl team a formidable duo.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,835
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Luck Lad
Luck Lad
Vancouver, BC
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star