Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester), 16 Murran Spies, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/23/24 11:11 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/23/24 02:41 AM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/23/24 02:41 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/23/24 02:37 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/22/24 08:32 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 77 of 81 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
Re: Pictures of members
#187353 07/27/09 09:13 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Poor Max! He was trying so hard to get a gin and bitters, which is his very favorite drink, but the waiter had no clue what bitters were. Max's partner Mark also had quite the time getting his drink.

Adam, our waiter, was very cute, but it seemed he hadn't a clue. He tried really hard, though, and really did come through, even if he did botch the drink order a bit. smile And he was awfully cute. laugh

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#187354 07/27/09 10:09 PM
strange but not a stranger
But not as cute as the guy I stood next to at the grill.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#187355 07/27/09 10:24 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
That's true. He was yummy. On the other hand, Adam almost gave me a hug before we left. wink

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#187356 07/29/09 02:52 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Taking command of my new pirate ship...

[Linked Image]

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#187357 07/29/09 07:38 AM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Wow. Rocky and Quis really do resemble their avatars a lot.

But I'm kinda' bummed that FC photoshopped the ears away from her photo...

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#187358 07/30/09 07:51 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
WOW! Those are some great pictures! laugh I especially love the Rocky/Quis team-up. (Not to take away from FC's new acquisition-- I just miss her coffee/ears. laugh )

Here's one of my new tattoo:
click to enlarge

And a couple of me getting it done:
click to enlarge click to enlarge

#187359 07/30/09 08:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hmm, this could set a bad precedence for floozy photos. First you, then Cobie, then.... I shudder to think.

#187360 07/30/09 08:54 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Cool, Cali-- what's it say? lol

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#187361 07/31/09 02:31 AM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Looking good everyone!!

Quis and Rocky...sounds like you guys had a blast.
FC...I think this is the first time I've seen a photo of you! Are you taking up piracy to obtain new sources of exotic coffees?
Cali...looking good! Whats the tattoo say?

#187362 07/31/09 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Taking command of my new pirate ship...

[Linked Image]
Can I be First Mate?

#187363 07/31/09 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Caliente:
WOW! Those are some great pictures! laugh I especially love the Rocky/Quis team-up. (Not to take away from FC's new acquisition-- I just miss her coffee/ears. laugh )

click to enlarge

Cali in 50 years click to enlarge
wink

#187364 07/31/09 01:07 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
tongue Mean, Quis!

My tattoo says "know thyself" in Greek. It's one of three inscriptions at the Temple of Apollo in Delphi, where the Oracle at Delphi lived. I just... liked it. It had a deeper meaning for me and I've always loved Greek mythology and... yeah. smile

#187365 07/31/09 01:16 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
I probably should have posted this with the pic, but better late than never:

When I was introducing Quis to my other friends, I said something along the lines of:

"I'm a prince on a planet where sentient life evolved from penguins and he's a non-corporeal, extradimensional lawyer."

Or something like that.

My friend Lynne just smiled, nodded and said, "Makes sense to me!"

#187366 07/31/09 04:19 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
tongue Mean, Quis!

...and I've always loved Greek mythology and... yeah. smile
And I love it now, too... Yeah! love wink

And yeah, Quis... WAY mean. tongue wink

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#187367 08/06/09 02:45 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
I probably should have posted this with the pic, but better late than never:

When I was introducing Quis to my other friends, I said something along the lines of:

"I'm a prince on a planet where sentient life evolved from penguins and he's a non-corporeal, extradimensional lawyer."

Or something like that.

My friend Lynne just smiled, nodded and said, "Makes sense to me!"
Funnily enough it also makes sense to me. smile

Faithfull
#187368 08/06/09 02:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
and this is a picture of me doing the things which have kept me away from Legion world for so long. [Linked Image]

Faithfull
#187369 08/06/09 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
and this is a picture of me doing the things which have kept me away from Legion world for so long. [Linked Image]
Haven't you defeated Napoleon yet?

#187370 08/07/09 02:21 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
No wonder Sarkozy collapsed a couple of weeks ago. Time traveling invaders would be a lot for any leader to handle.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#187371 08/07/09 12:50 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Quis

Every time we defeat him the "monster" keeps escaping from his island prison and starting up trouble again. We could do with a Takron Galtos to keep hold of him.

FC
If I can run up that beach in that gear, how come that Garlic eater cant run around in his little gallic shorts?

:-)

Faithfull
#187372 08/08/09 08:24 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I was half expecting you to wear that uniform in SD last year! rotflmao

Oh well! Maybe next time.

On a side note Darden, I'll be coming over to do some work for BAE in the next 6 - 9 months, I'll let you know when so maybe we can hook up while I'm over there.

Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...
#187373 08/08/09 09:11 PM
Leader
Leader

click to enlarge

I guess there ARE perks to being a tattoo artist. Or a photographer.

Long Live all them Legions!
#187374 08/08/09 09:23 PM
Leader
Leader
I have many Civil War Ancestors-8 CSA and 1 USA. I have considered being a re-enactor here in the South. Although I am very proud of the bravery which each of these men displayed, leaving home and family when their states called, and I firmly believe the Southern states were getting hosed when it comes to states' rights, being asked to pay more than their fair share of taxes, I DO NOT believe in slavery, and there's just too much of a stigma that goes along with the war. Most people see only the slavery issue, and I don't want people to hate me because of what they'd think I was supporting. So, I applaud your ability to enjoy yourself in this manor.

Long Live all them Legions!
#187375 08/09/09 09:37 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
<strong> and this is a picture of me doing the things which have kept me away from Legion world for so long. [Linked Image]
I was half expecting you to wear that uniform in SD last year! lol

And as for comming over Jennifer says just you try to sneak over here and avoid us. Let me know once your plans firm up and we can head up to you (is it Faslane?) and have a bit of fun

Faithfull
#187376 08/09/09 09:59 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:

I have many Civil War Ancestors-8 CSA and 1 USA. I have considered being a re-enactor here in the South. Although I am very proud of the bravery which each of these men displayed, leaving home and family when their states called, and I firmly believe the Southern states were getting hosed when it comes to states' rights, being asked to pay more than their fair share of taxes, I DO NOT believe in slavery, and there's just too much of a stigma that goes along with the war. Most people see only the slavery issue, and I don't want people to hate me because of what they'd think I was supporting. So, I applaud your ability to enjoy yourself in this manor.[/QB]
AFOB
I suppose the issues are a bit different over there in the states and particularly in the south itself, but there are a number of American Civil War units over here, both Blue and Grey. I have been to quite a few events as a spectator and I don’t really see any one talking affront at the slavery issue.
If you want to take part then I suppose the best thing to do is be upfront and when you find a unit you fancy joining ask the question. See what they say on the issue and if you feel comfortable with it then consider joining.
If you want to be a re enactor then ask yourself what it is you want to do, be as historically accurate as you can, and make sure that you do your bit to inform, educate and entertain.

But I have to say it is good fun standing in a field blatting away at the French.

Faithfull
#187377 08/09/09 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
I have many Civil War Ancestors-8 CSA and 1 USA. I have considered being a re-enactor here in the South. Although I am very proud of the bravery which each of these men displayed, leaving home and family when their states called, and I firmly believe the Southern states were getting hosed when it comes to states' rights, being asked to pay more than their fair share of taxes, I DO NOT believe in slavery, and there's just too much of a stigma that goes along with the war. Most people see only the slavery issue, and I don't want people to hate me because of what they'd think I was supporting. So, I applaud your ability to enjoy yourself in this manor.
Sorry Arm Fall Off Boy, but here is a link to South Carolina\'s declaration of secession (SC was the first to secede) It first asserts that the various states are sovereign and have a right to secede if they want to. It then talks exclusively about slavery. Nothing about taxes. The secession declarations for Georgia, Mississippi, & Texas are all about slavery (albeit, Texas also mentions attacks by Indians & Mexian bandits, but only briefly) I have not looked at any the other declarations of secession.

I think that after losing the Civil War (called "the War Between the States" by the South and "The Rebellion" by the North) and the passage of the 13th Amendment, the Southern states did a PR job to reframe the issues of the war. By the same token, the North was primarily about preserving the Union and not freeing the slaves. Lincoln once said "My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume V, "Letter to Horace Greeley" (August 22, 1862), p. 388. source

By the way, I would not think you supported slavery or were prejudiced against black people if you were a Confederate re-enacter.

Page 77 of 81 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 80 81

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,364
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star