Roll Call
0 members (), 24 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
Re: LAST ROUND!!!! ACTION, Reboot or Threeboot? Ends Tuesday, 8/19
#15385 07/06/08 11:08 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Cosmic Boy: Action

Saturn Girl: Action

Lightning Lad: Action

Phantom Girl: Action

Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel: Action

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#15386 07/07/08 06:22 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My favourite Lu was the Classic version in Semi-retirement Living near the clubhouse with Chuck and helping out with the Academy and subs (with one personality than you). She was awesome, fun and loving. I didn't like her post-Conspiracy and the less said about this "Una" thing the better.

So assuming Una is in the "Action" Legion, I'll have to go Threeboot. I find the re-imagining intriguing and much better than the poor choice in Reboot to give each body a separate personality.

#15387 07/07/08 08:32 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Triplicate Girl. A major fave... always fascinated by her. It's VERY hard to not vote for the Classic crawling through the tunnel/crying herself to sleep version... even the roots for the popular TRIAD of the reboot are planted during the Bierbaum's preboot run.

But the reboot really brought her to the fore, and used her to fullest potential. REBOOT

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#15388 07/07/08 09:29 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
COSMIC BOY:
Action- 7.5
Reboot- 11
Threeboot- 1.5

SATURN GIRL:
Action- 13
Reboot- 5.5
Threeboot- 1.5

LIGHTNING LAD:
Action- 8
Reboot- 2.5
Threeboot- 6.5

PHANTOM GIRL:
Action- 4
Reboot- 2.5
Threeboot- 9.5

TRIPLICATE GIRL:
Action- 2
Reboot- 10
Threeboot- 3

COLOSSAL BOY/LEVIATHAN/MICRO LAD: Action, Reboot or Threeboot?

Yes, I know Reboot Gim (Leviathan I) is/was dead, but since Karate Kid and Triplicate Girl returned from the dead in LIGHTNING SAGA, I'm going to extrapolate and include dead versions of the Three World Legionnaires.

I will say that I definitely hope that Johns or whoever's writing these characters after Three Worlds will explain the hows and whens of these resurrections.

#15389 07/07/08 09:35 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Gim. Always liked him despite nothing super-interesting being done with him other than his space-ranger 60s costume. Reboot Gim likely would have gotten my vote if they hadn't offed him in so ridiculous a fashion.

I kinda like the 3boot one. Therefore, 3boot gets my first vote in the form of Colossal Boy.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#15390 07/07/08 09:38 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
MICRO LAD, now back to COLOSSAL BOY even in the Threeboot, is my pick. I'd be content with any version, though. I liked the Boy Scoutish Gim that married Yera (I'd like to see that relationship examined quite a bit, if that's the version used), and went 'lonestar' a couple of times.

Reboot Gim's drill instructor persona was a unique one in that LSH, and was greatly missed after his premature and wrong-headed death.

Micro Lad's been fun, for me. I liked his mimicking of Ultra Boy, his befuddlement in some social situations, his gay brother and the fact that he's a builder of miniature models.

#15391 07/07/08 09:57 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Tri-Jitsu, hussy Tri, Legion Manager: these were all Reboot right? Whichever, that's the Trip I like best.

Oh wait, was I late on that?

I need to read the whole thread.

#15392 07/07/08 10:05 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Hm. This one is tough. I would vote Reboot without hesitation, except that, well, Reboot Gim is dead. But I have issues with both of the other ones. I HATED Classic Gim's marriage to Yera (just as I hated seeing her as a Legionnaire in Action). I find that staying married to someone who was an accomplice of the kidnapping of a teammate is unforgivable. Maybe they could have re-married afterwards, but Yera needed to go to jail. That's one of the lowpoints of the Levitz run, in my opinion. As for the threeboot, I really find a race of Antarctic giants quite ludicrous, I'm sorry. I have trouble in the 'suspension of disbelief' department on that one. An interesting thing, given that we are talking about a superhero team in the 31st century. But there you have it.

I vote Reboot.

#15393 07/07/08 10:34 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I'll go with Classic/Action Gim. When I first started reading Legion, he was one of my early favorites. But he hasn't even approached that in his later versions. So there!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#15394 07/07/08 10:35 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Phantom Girl – my favorite Legion lady and one of my first crushes in comics, I truly do love all three versions of Tinya. So this may be the hardest one for me to choose. But I think that despite absolutely loving her classic self, I’m going to go with her Reboot self. Something else else about her character in those first two years of the reboot just make me feel like those were the best two years of her entire history.

Luornu – Reboot, all the way. Make no mistake; I loved her in the preboot, from her crawl in the Mordru story to her underplayed but vibrant heroism in Conspiracy to beyond. But the reboot just made me sit up, open my eyes and come to think of Luornu as one of my favorites. Threeboot Luornu, like so many others, remains an almost non-entity.

Colossal Boy – Like Lash and others, I’ve always liked Gim a real lot, but he’s never quite made my list of ‘favorites’. Threeboot Gim seems to have little personality thus far, and Reboot Gim was woefully under utilized, so pretty much by default the classic Colossal Boy is my favorite. But don’t get it twisted—classic Gim was always heroic, a devout Legionnaire who truly felt a call to duty and served longer than anyone else, was comfortable being married and man enough to have a strong friendship with a past girlfriend. It was a pleasure to see John’s utilize classic Gim (you know what I mean, don’t drag me into another bothersome argument laugh ). And there’s nothing cooler than Gim’s looming presence in the group shots.

#15395 07/07/08 10:35 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Tri-Jitsu, hussy Tri, Legion Manager: these were all Reboot right? Whichever, that's the Trip I like best.

Oh wait, was I late on that?

I need to read the whole thread.
BB, Todd says you can vote on prior characters at any time.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#15396 07/07/08 10:47 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Action Gim all the way (one of my favourites post-Great Darkness). Reboot had promise, but didn't live up to it after such a stupid death. Threeboot also started out as a potentially interesting foil for Ultra Boy, but was quickly lost in the wash.

#15397 07/07/08 11:03 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
For Lu: Reboot Lu kicked ass! She's my choice. Threeboot Lu did have a cool origin, but I'm still preferring Reboot.

Gim: A toughie... because I've never been a huge fan (no pun intended). Classic Gim was a bit of a doofus. Reboot Gim was too much a jerk (which was good for character ranges and for Rokk's deputy, but I still didn't like him) and Threeboot is likable but underdeveloped.

I'll go with Action Gim; Johns' version is a more likable update of old Gim.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#15398 07/07/08 12:23 PM
Active
Active
Gim: SW6 batch. Or Classic.

#15399 07/07/08 01:00 PM
Rejected Substitute Reservist
Rejected Substitute Reservist
Gim: Classic. "50 Story Tall Space Cowboy Jewish Kid with Shapeshifter Wife"? There's no part of that phrase I don't like. wink

"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot
#15400 07/07/08 01:37 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Colossal Boy : Action

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#15401 07/08/08 05:12 AM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
I think 3boot Gim had the most personality of the 3, so I'll pick him.

Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"
#15402 07/08/08 06:25 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Another vote cast for 3boot Phantom Girl (for being Ultra Boyless more than anthing else), though Toon Tinya is far and away my favorite version.

I can't decide which Triplicate Girl. Each comic book version of her has aspects I like and dislike. My heart belongs to Toon Trips.

3boot Gim, I guess. Though underutilized, I like him well enough. I've never cared for any of the previous versions (and I loathe Gim + Yera more than I can say.)

#15403 07/08/08 12:08 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I stopped reading the 3boot before Waid left so I'm amazed at all these votes for 3boot Gim - has he actually done something other than repeat that lame "Call me Micro Lad" joke over and over (and over) now?

Gim's my favourite Legion character so it's a true testament to Waid's handling of the 3boot that I disliked him as much as I did there.

Classic Gim is great but after he grew up and lost the cowboy costume, and the writers couldn't think of anything to do with him, it became more of a case of 'I like him because I like him' rather than for anything I was getting from the pages.

He was really great in Johns' recent Action storyline though. And Johns' has also turned his wife Yera into an asset rather than a liability for him for the first time since she was introduced (IMO anyway) so that's a definite positive.

My fave Gim is definitely the Reboot. I loved his refreshingly different (for a Legionnaire) hard-assed exterior and respected his sense of duty to the Legion and his self-awareness to know when it was time to step down and let Cosmic Boy take over as leader.

I think we saw Gim get a lot of real growth (no pun intended) in character in the reboot. Shame it was all undermined by Tom Peyer in that ridiculous death scene.

#15404 07/08/08 03:46 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
COSMIC BOY:
Action- 7.5
Reboot- 11
Threeboot- 1.5

SATURN GIRL:
Action- 13
Reboot- 5.5
Threeboot- 1.5

LIGHTNING LAD:
Action- 8
Reboot- 2.5
Threeboot- 6.5

PHANTOM GIRL:
Action- 4
Reboot- 3.5
Threeboot- 10.5

TRIPLICATE GIRL:
Action- 2
Reboot- 13
Threeboot- 3

COLOSSAL BOY:
Action- 7
Reboot- 2
Threeboot- 4

CHAMELEON BOY/CHAMELEON: Action, Reboot or Threeboot?

#15405 07/08/08 03:48 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Woops, have some catching up to do here since I just discovered this thread...

COSMIC BOY: By far my favorite of the three founders. I would normally vote for the Classic version but the Action version didn't really provide a good enough glimpse of how this Rokk compared to the original for me. As for the 3boot version, that's not at all like the Rokk we know and love (well, a few of us do anyway!) so I'll have to go with the reboot version on this one.

SATURN GIRL: I've never been a fan of SG so I can't really claim to have a favorite. That being the case, the Action version is probably the least bothersome one so she gets my vote.

LIGHTNING LAD: Garth falls somewhere in the middle of the pack for me. Neither a favorite nor one I dislike. Of the three versions, I've most enjoyed the 3boot version. He means well and is really trying but nothing seems to go right for him. He's definitely in over his head but I hope somehow he manages to pull victory out of the jaws of defeat.

PHANTOM GIRL: The only Tinya I've ever really liked is the toon version but 3 boot PG ain't bad. Being sans Jo seems to suit her laugh

TRIPLICATE GIRL: Lu was always my favorite of the female Legionnaires in the original group. She was only surpassed by Mysa later in the classic run. While she seemed much more valuable in the reboot, I still love her classic single personality. Neither of the two other versions can hold a candle to her so the Action version gets my vote.

COLOSSAL BOY: I always liked Gim in the original run but I find myself really enjoying him in the 3boot as well. Tough choice between the two but his portrayal in the Action Legion wins out.

CHAMELEON BOY: No doubt in my mind about this one. While the 3 boot version is fun a times, Classic Cham is far and away the best of the bunch. His value to the original Legion was enormous, especially his leadership of the Espionage Squad.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#15406 07/08/08 03:51 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I'm really enjoying what Shooter's doing with Cham currently. I'm also quite curious about Cham's status in the Geoff Johns' ACTION LSH. Reboot Cham had a pretty nice character arc as an introduction, culminating in the revelation that he'd been playing 'dumb alien' for at least some of the time since he became a Legionnaire. Not wild about the Spark crush, though.

Nor was I particularly enamored of the Brande-as-dad revelation, though there were some good character moments and a story or two that grew out of it.

I don't have a marked preference-- I think I'll go with the version that's had him as the most alien. Threeboot.

#15407 07/08/08 03:53 PM
Active
Active
Cham? I really liked Classic. Though I find the 3boot rather amusing at the same time.

But, no, I'll stick to Classic (up to TMK, but not Action) for Cham.

#15408 07/08/08 04:00 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Ricardo, the choices come from what will be appearing in LEGION OF THREE WORLDS. This isn't a 'what's your personal favorite version ever' poll of the characters.

Though it may turn out that other versions will become fair game as far as what's going to be in the 'one' LSH we're going to be getting after LTW, it's a logical assumption that that 'one' LSH will be drawn from the members of the three LSHs that are featured in LTW. Those three are the Geoff Johns' ACTION LSH, the current 'threeboot' and the reboot team as last seen.

So Classic= ACTION for the purposes of this particular thread.

#15409 07/08/08 04:01 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
My favorite Reeps are DnA, TMK and Levitz.

I'll have to go Action on this one.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,840
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Hunt Drouin
Hunt Drouin
Sacramento, CA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star