Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 6 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/02/24 02:11 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/02/24 02:05 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/02/24 02:03 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
So what are you WATCHING? Part 2
by Eryk Davis Ester - 07/01/24 09:46 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 07/01/24 08:55 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 06/30/24 08:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: Joeboy's Who's Who *updated - Legion Academy A-Z*
#130029 06/23/06 04:01 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
B-Team :

Bicycle Repair Man click to enlarge

Now for the B-team. B-team doesnt mean that these a crap characters...just that after I lost the original list Id been working with I had to go back through the Members Directory and create a new list, and I noticed there were quite a few LMBP'rs Id originally overlooked...to be included in the list a member had to have either a) a significant number of posts or B) a name I could concievabley make a costume for. Anyway...think of them as the Legion of Substitute Message Board Posters.

Anyway..Bicycle Repair Man..yes I know looks more "Tour de France" man than Bycicle Repair Man but I wanted to use the lettering like over the arms chest as Ive got a similar shirt. I did do another version of a moustachioed gent in a brown overcoat, but it ended up looking like a dirty flasher one would happen upon in a park. So no overcoat.

Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.
#130030 06/23/06 04:03 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Blockade Boy click to enlarge

ah look the papers all crinkly! I like the double B design...the original blockade boys costume was primarilly yellow wasnt it? anyway a fairly straightforward design.

Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.
#130031 06/23/06 04:05 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Elvis Lad click to enlarge

I had so many issues getting Elvis Lad done...I just couldnt get him looking Elvisey enough. In the end I looked to Alex Ross for inspiration, specifically his King Marvel Kingdom Come design. except less Marvel Family-ey cause IM THE ONLY FAWCETT LEGIONNAIRE HERE BEYOTCH!

#130032 06/23/06 04:06 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Future click to enlarge

I always liked the Idea of Captain Universe and Future is the Current Captain Universe...Assuming, you know, like the Starbrand and the Staff of One some Marvel ideas can be transported to the C31st DC unvierse.

#130033 06/23/06 04:07 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Healix click to enlarge

A male version of Infectious Lass...I love the idea of Druhra's "Snot Wings" and was sad to see them go...so I threw them in here...now healix...does he spread disease like Druhra or does he heal people ala Reanimage?

#130034 06/23/06 04:08 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Infectious Drura click to enlarge

Ah Drura..You sexy sexy yet contaigous bitch. (can I say bitch here?) this came out perfectly...My version of Infectious Lass is named Virus, hence the V design down her chest. just missing the Snot Wings. ah Well.

#130035 06/23/06 04:10 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Krypton Kid click to enlarge

I actually had this costume custom made a few years back..but due to not being a rail-thin 19 year old it no longer fits...poor fat 25 year old me (actually Im not that fat anymore...just not 80 kilos like I used to be.)

#130036 06/23/06 04:11 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Lantern Lad click to enlarge

The 3rd Green Lantern LMBP'r...please ignore my shonky rendition of the GL symbol. Otherwise this is another one Im fairly happy with.

#130037 06/23/06 04:13 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Leap Year Lass click to enlarge

The Chest emblem here reads 29 in Interlac, the 29th of february being the cause of a Leap Year. If Someone is born on the 29th of february...do they only get a birthday every 4 years? man the presents would have to kick arse.

#130038 06/23/06 04:14 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Lucifer Lass click to enlarge

This is exactly the same costume that I designed for Beuty Blaze in the LSV thread...just in Black. the Tail Seems a little High up...Lucifer Lass is the same character or at least the same species as the Devil Girl that Cameod in Kingdom Come.

#130039 06/23/06 04:15 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Matlock click to enlarge

This Design....meh...I dont know. Yet another Facial tattoo...this time of a keyhole...plus theres like chains and stuff which is always cool. I was just going to steal the Escapist 's Costume but in the end just posted this one instead.

#130040 06/23/06 04:17 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Mechana click to enlarge

A female Version of Megaman which should be pink...but Gigglebot girl already took the role of Pink Robot girl so I stuck with the original Megaman colour scheme.

#130041 06/23/06 04:19 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Not So Bad Lad click to enlarge

Lovin' the N's here. lol...not many insights Im afraid.

#130042 06/23/06 04:22 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Profh0011 click to enlarge

Aaaaand Finally Prof...who should be red. Anyway, another Gorefactor Zero swipe, this time from a Character called Tin Can Woodsman who carry a Giant Hammer ala Steel. His Suit is covered by what looks like rust but is actually highly advanced nanobots that are constantly updated his armour or fixing parts that are damaged in battle.

#130043 07/04/06 09:23 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
tease

#130044 08/22/06 07:32 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
and Im back laugh

Seems like a good time to update this Thread. I actually had a little master book where Id written down plot ideas and back stories and what not for each Academy student...buuut I can find hide nor hair of it so Im just going to wing it. It should be noted that Im not much of a writer...I just jot down bits and peices to justify drawing such a large cast.

Anywho...

It has been roughly 5 years since the dissapearence of many of the original team members (*In universe Ablaze*) dubbed SW6. During the Five year gap the Legion has gone through a few roster changes and an entire away team of 20 or so Legionaires were killed while liberating the Braalian City of Vernado bay from the Legion of Supervillians who were holding it hostage.

After the Vernado Bay Massacre the Legion institutes a new policy that requires any potential candidate to undergo a minimum of 1 earth years' training at the Academy. upon Graduation wings are added to the L* symbol on the Legionnaires belts (I really liked this idea but didnt add the wings to any of these drawings tongue )

The Series follows the adventures of a small group of Academy students in real time over a 12 month arc. the next year focuses on a different set of students and so forth.

Legionworld has been rebuilt, bankrolled by Wannabe Legionnaire Lester Spiffany and the Enigmatic Justin Defillipis-Weir. It serves as both Legion Headquarters and Academy Training grounds, with multiple tesseract zones providing a near infinite amount of space.

Gingold Addict Ron Karr Hasn't slept a night in three years. Since his incarceration in the prison planet "Labyrinth" following the Vernado Bay Massacre, Ron has slowly lost his sanity to the isolation of his cell...and to make matters worse he is being stalked by a purple, teleporting Gremlin named Urk whom only he can see....and it apears that he may hold the key to finding the lost SW6 Legion.

#130045 08/22/06 07:34 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
click to enlarge

Alloy
aka Platinum, Tina
Earth

Alloy is Platinum from the Metal Men. Thought destroyed in the "Kingdom" incident of the early 21st century. Alloy is believed to have been active since the late 25th century, though she has no memories of the time between her apparent destruction and reappearence.
Alloy and Her husband Babbage are currently memebers of the Legion proper in good standing, aswell as being instructors at the Academy. Alloy's good friend J'onn J'onnz is helping Alloy on her continuing quest to recover the responsometers of her fellow Metal Men.

Powers and Abilities -
Alloy has a very strong, Malleable body, constructed almost entirely from the metal (Platinum) that gives her her name. She can stretch and mold her body to varying degrees. Alloy can form her arms into various tools and weapons and convert her body into vehicles and machinery. Since she is a robot, and completely amorphous, Alloy is practicly immortal. She can suffer serious damage, including the loss of limbs, and still be revived as long as her responsometer survives.

Subplot -
throughout the series it is revealed that Alloy was actually displaced in time when Booster Gold travelled to the late 20th century - plucked out of time so as not to upset the balance of the space-time continuam, Alloy was dumped in the 25th Century, saving her from the fates of the other Metal Men.

Joe-boys notes -
The look that Alloy has here is completely different from how Id originally envisioned her - originally she was wearing a little sleevless belly top and had a few facial tattooes, longer hair etc. I changed it around a bit to make her look a little more how she looks now...was also trying to go for a Female Ferro Lad kinda look.

#130046 08/22/06 07:40 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Amethyst
Bel An'ann / Princess Amethyst
Sklar / Gemworld
click to enlarge

When Mordru destroyed the planet Sklar the spirit of Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld, offered Bel An'ann a second chance at life...In return for saving her, Amethyst would co-inhabit Bels' Body, thus becoming corporial and able to attack Mordru outside the spirit plane, where he would be less powerful.
The process however left both Amethyst and Bel amnesiac. subconciously using Amethysts powers to teleport herself to her sister Britas' (see Kono) side, mere minutes from Sklars' destruction, Bel spent the next few years trying to peice together the converging memories of her two selves. As she started to exhibit various new and different powers, Bel enrolled in the Academy, much to the distress of her Legion-Hating sister who blamed the Legion for the Destruction of her homeworld. Brita eventually followed Bel to the Academy with the intention of keeping her out of trouble and is becoming increasingly distressed at Bels' apparent split personality...that of the Sweet, somewhat shy Bel and the tough, no-nonsense Amethyst.

Powers and Abilities -
Initially Bel/Amethyst only displays a limited teleportation ability, however over time more and more powers emerge, including the ability to to fire force bolts, heal grevious injuries, fly and control the elements.

Subplot-
As time progresses the Amethyst personality gradually takes over Bel's body. Eventually Bels/Amethysts' memories return piece by piece until, fully restored to the height of her power, Amethyst takes over the body completely.Brita becomes increasingly more and more resentful of Amethyst and decides to find a way to seperate the Two...She seeks counsel with the Mysa Nal (the White Witch) who performs a ritual of seperation, transfering the essence of Amethyst into a Crystaline body created by Bob Kohan (Crystal Kid). Bel, retaians both a portion of Amethysts personality and her power.

Joe-boys notes -
Obviously a bit of a phoenix homage here. Ive been kicking the whole Amethyst-as-Legionnaire idea around for a few years now...considering she made her first appearence in a Legion book (admittedly as a teaser story) and then took over Kono's body in the Mordru Rising Story. Bel An'ann was originally Kono's Mother, but it made more sense to make her into a sister. Meanwhile can I just say how much I love Amethyst? I always thought of her as the DC version of She-Ra, atleast thats what she origianlly appeared to be. I read somewhere that there was even a few prototype dolls out there that never made it onto the market...

#130047 08/22/06 07:42 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Amp Girl
Ming Sul
Rimbor
click to enlarge

One of the original Academy students, Amp Girl was among the casualties at Vernado Bay.

Powers and Abilities -
Amplified Speed, Reflexes and Senses.

Joeboys notes -
A late addition to the roster, Amp Girl was among the academy cadets introduced in the Foundations storyline ,and, along with Babbage and Retro, the only student to be named. I had intended on including each of the Foundation students on the roster but havent gotten around to drawing them up yet (other then Retro). you can just assume that more then a few of them were killed at Vernado Bay (Sorry Batista frown )

#130048 08/22/06 07:45 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Antaenne Lad
Khfeurb Chee Bez
Gryxor
click to enlarge

Anteanne Lads powers, while useless in a fight, make him uniquelly suited for Mission Monitor Board duty, which he readilly accepted, happy to have a place in the Legion, no matter how small. Khfeurb has become good friends with Doubleheader, mainly due to the fact that the 2 (3) spend so much time together, rotating shifts on the MMB.

Powers and Abilities -
Khfeurb was born with the ability to recieve electromagnetic transmissions through antennae-like projections from his ears. The antennae are even capable of scanning across time for transmissions, picking up noise from the past, present and even the future.

Subplot -
Unbeknownst to the majority of the Team, Anteanne Lad is a member of the ultra-secret Legion Espionage squad. He is constantly monitoring all frequencies for information which might help the team on its missions, aswell as using his limited telepathy to keep the squad linked up mentally.

Joe-boys notes -
Anteanne Lad was always kinda lame, which is why I threw him into "support staff". I like the idea that this seemingly insignificant character could eventually play a more significant role (espionage squad). If I wrote this as a series though Id play him as Comic-relief, straight man to Doubleheader.
Costume-wise I just threw him in the usual pants/jacket combo that the Tech-support guys have (ala Reboot Chuck) though I decided to go for a different colour scheme to diffirentiate him from other support-staff.

#130049 08/22/06 07:47 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Atomic Betty
aka X-bomb Betty
Earth
DECEASED
click to enlarge

Desperate to become a Legionnaire, Betty had her scientist father create a way for to join the team. He did this by effectively making her a living X-Bomb, however she would only be able to use her power once. Due to this fact she was initially rejected from the Legion.
Disheartened Betty decided to find a way to make herself more usefull to the team, and, over the course of a year was able refine her powers so much that she could release small balls of concusive force, nicknamed "time-bombs". However with each timebomb she created she was shortening her life-span so that eventually she would be burnt out and would die.
Death came more quickly though, in the form of Tyr (of the Legion of SuperVillians) Gun-arm. During the Vernado Bay incident Tyr impalled Betty on his gun-arm, and in one final act of Defiance, Betty released her X-Bomb Power...killing not only herself and Tyr, but every living being in a 20 mile radius.
The Surviving Legionnaires decided that the Vernado Bay massacre could have been prevented had Betty, the newest Legionnaire, been better trained, and instigatede the current policy af haveing Members train for a minimum of a year before being inducted into the team proper.

Powers and Abilities -
Betty had the power to create balls of energy of an unknown kind, which she called her "time bombs". These "bombs" explode with concussive force. With each bomb created Bettys' Lifespan was shortened. Betty also had the ability to let off an explosion equal to 150 million megatons, although she could only use this ability once, which she did, causing the deaths of thousands.

Subplot -
Betty's Tale is told in flashback as she is already dead before the beginning of the first issue.

Joe-boys notes -
Name change - Atomic Betty
I think Betty only made two appearences in Legionnaires - first as a reject at the tryouts, then as Infernos' Girlfriend.
Anyway Ive had this sequence floating around my head for awhile :
During a massive superhero battle (Vernado Bay) Betty is Impaled Electra-style on Tyrs' Gun-arm. Blood gurgling from her mouth she begins to say "Eat this Motherf...." - cut to Imra (or Saturn Queen, Imra being lost) psychic flashing to Betty at tryouts saying "But I can only do it once"...Imra Screams "Betty! No!"...*Screen goes white*....cut to Kingdom come kinda shot with the skeletons/.remains of all the heroes/villians.
Could I be bothered Id actually draw this...but I cant. So there.

#130050 08/22/06 07:50 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Aviax
aka Ornitho
Starhaven
click to enlarge

Ornitho came to the Legion chasing after his Lover Dawnstar. Ornitho became good friends with fellow Legionnaire Imorto, and was a member in good standing until his apparent death at Vernado Bay. He was then resurected by Immorto, now calling himself Reanimage, having discovered the ability to resurect the dead that he had a strong bond with.
With his resurection Ornitho gained the ability to shapeshift into any Avian creature, and changed his name to Aviax.

Powers and Abilities:
Like all Starhavenites, Aviax has the ability to track lifeforms and objects across lightyears of space. He is able to survive in deep space without oxygen or a space suit, and in deep space he can travel and near light-speeds, however his speed is affected by Localised gravity such as that of earth.
After his resurection, Aviax began to display a degree of shapechanging abilities, however thus far this has been limited to Avian forms.

Subplot -
After his death the greiving Dawnstar found comfort in the Arms of fellow Legionnaire Wildfire, and, after his resurection, Aviax realised there was nothing left for him in the Legion. Aviax, Reanimage and a few other Legionnaires, Dubbing themselves "the Wanderers" decided to go on a quest throughout the unknown regions of Space with the intention of finding the missing SW6 Legionnaires. After Various Adventures in space, (see other Wanderer entries) the group return to Legionworld with news of a possible way to recover the Lost Legionnaires...tbc.

Joe-boys notes -
If you full-view Aviaxs' pic you'll notice that his hair is actually feathers and his eyes are like bird eyes...just the little details that make this stuff fun to design tongue

#130051 08/22/06 07:52 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Batboy
aka Ghost Bat
Justin Defillipis-Weir
Earth
click to enlarge

Little is known about the man who calls himself Ghost Bat and thats exactly how he would like to keep it. The latest inheritor to the generations old Bat Legacy, Justin is a giving man, proud of his heritage and willing to sacrifice himself to safegaurd it. He believes strongly in his own abilities and the fact that one man can better the universe. Justin is stubborn, well-adjusted, optomistic and determined. As a crimefighter, Justin remains a mystery to his fellow Legionnaires. While operating in his costumed identity, Justin tries to take down his target and dissapear without a trace.

Powers and Abilities -
While Justin has no meta-human powers to speak of, he has proven his worth as a Legionnaire many times over. Justin is one of the foremost Martial Artists in the universe, having trained in hundreds of forms for many years.

Subplot -
Justin-Defillipis Weir is the richest man in the known universe. It is for this reason that he never reveals his Identity as the Ghost Bat. It is he who, along with Lester Spiffany, finances the recreation of Legionworld.
While he has no metapowers, Justin gains entry into the Legion after he single handedly takes down Darkseid in a plot to destroy the earth.
Eventually becomes a founding Member of the Justice Legion.

Joeboys notes -
Inspired by Batman Beyond, this costume was originally black and yellow, but I like the red/white scheme better (it actually inspired the name change to Ghost Bat). The name "Justin Defillipis Weir" was taken from "Batman : No mans land", Justin Defillipis Weir being the name of the baby born to two of GCPD's officers in no-mans land (at least thats what happens in the novel). I was going to make him a Wayne but changed my name after reading No-mans land the novel. its quite good...written by Greg Ruckas. check it out if you see it smile

#130052 08/22/06 07:54 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Beast Boy
Ilshu Nor
Lallor
click to enlarge

A native of the planet Lallor, Beast boy is a confused and deeply emotional man. He is possesed of an inner anger that can drive him to acts of extreme heroism or violence and often the choice is not his own. This anger has cost Ilshu deeply over the years, however it is this anger that fuels his strength and courage, making him a virtually unstoppable force in combat.
Ilshu was one of the first new recruits to join after the inception of the new "X-bomb policy". Somewhat disgruntled at first Ilshu eventually came to accept that his powers might benefit from a little refinement. After his training Ilshu appeared to have mastered his rage and showed remarkable control in the face of adversity. Recently however Ilshu has reverted to form. He is often subject to feirce moodswings and violent outbursts. In spight of all his anger Ilshu is an honest and trustworthy man, and can always be counted on when his fellow Legionnaires need him most.

Powers and Abilities -
born a mutant, Ilshu can mimic the abilities of any animal, either by focusing on an animal within his general proximity, or, after the refinement of his powers, by drawing power from the animal kingdom in general.

Subplot -
Beast Boy becomes adicted to his powers and becomes more and more feral as the series progresses, eventually having to accept a depowering for the sake of his sanity. after this he becomes good friends with Dyrk Magz and the two become lovers. Dyrk eventually regains his powers and Ilshu leaves for a more simple life among the monks of Steeple.

Joeboys notes -
change of Powers for Beast Boy...I decided to make more like Animal Man powerwise as opposed to Changeling. though the costume is a little changeling inspired. sort of. Anywho..I decided to make him a little Indian looking in skintone...there seems to be far to many caucasion male Legionnaires.

#130053 08/22/06 07:57 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Beauty Blaze
Nicole Douglas
Earth
click to enlarge

Nicole and her Twin brother Nigel gained their powers in an industrial accident. taking on the names Beuty Blaze and Sun Boy, the two turned their hands to petty crime and soon came into contact with the Legion. During a brief if heated battle, Nigel inadvertadly killed the newly initiated Spiderboy. The Two fled the scene and went into hiding for some time. the two were then contacted by the Legion of Supervillians and joined up with the team, Nicole only joining in an effort to keep her brother out of trouble. Though she tried to convince her brother to be less reactive and violent her advice was ignored and Nigel began to kill on a whim.
Opting not to take part in the occupation of Vernado Bay, Nicole was horrified to learn of its eventual outcome and sought out the Legion, hoping to Join up with them to atone for her brothers crimes.

Powers and Abilities -
Nicole has the power to generate and enormous amount of heat and flame from within her body. She can also employ this energy to produce a variety of effects - she can create a blinding flash of light to blind her opponents, create an aura of flames around herself which she can use to propel herself through the air or she can simply attack an oponent with fire hot enough to melt steel.

Subplot -
The X-bomb explosion that caused the Vernado Bay Massacre didnt kill Nigel - it made him more powerful. Calling himself the Sun Emperor, he reorganises the LSV and convinces Nicole to join him. Nicole however, is a double agent and passes on information to Antennae Lad and the Espionage squad who eventually take down the second LSV, not however, without a few casualties on each side. Nicole is one of the heroes who heroically sacrifices herself to save inncoent lives, using up her powers to prevent an asteroid storm that Nigel had set upon the Earth.

Joeboys notes -
as I said before Im just making this up as I go along...So I havent really figured out most of the finer points of the story. an Asteroid storm seems a bit silly but what the hey tongue anywho...I like this costume a lot which is why I used it twice - see Lucifer Lass earlier in this thread.
Subplot -

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,658
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
faelon
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star