Roll Call
1 members (Rockhopper Lad, Rockhopper Lad), 5 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/27/24 05:40 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Ann Hebistand - 06/27/24 05:34 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Ann Hebistand - 06/27/24 05:01 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/27/24 04:39 PM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/27/24 12:26 PM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 06/27/24 09:20 AM
My Art Commissions (Legion or Not Legion it's art)
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/27/24 04:00 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/27/24 03:59 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: Joeboy's Who's Who *updated - Legion Academy A-Z*
#129979 05/24/06 09:35 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Mearl Dox click to enlarge

Yet another Coluan lol... Mearl Dox, Braniac 6 is basically a recolured SW6 Computo. The monkey is from the same race of monkeys that Koko became leader of when he left B5. Koko 2.0 is a hyper intelligent member of the species capable of speech.

Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.
#129980 05/24/06 09:36 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Mekanix click to enlarge

Another Character stolen for myself...this time from an original character named "Tokyo Zombie" a reanimated Zombie character in a Series I was writing called "Gorefactor Zero" about monster based Superheroes. The costume is basically the same, with the cog on the jacket replaced with a skull and the word "Skellington" on the arm (as oppsoed to "robo" in interlac) Tokyo Zombie had white-ish pasty dead skin and stiches keeping bits of her body together...the bolts in the neck acted like the microchip that "Spike" from buffy had to keep her from attacking innocent humans...when she was introduced she was being used by the governement to track down serial killer...the premise being that Zombies would be perfect for traking these people down if they were promised the reward of Serial killer brains at the end.

Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.
#129981 06/01/06 05:28 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Mekt Ranzz click to enlarge

another straighforward costume...just replaced the blue and yellow with red and green. I liked how Mekt was being made out to be a hero towards the end of the postboot...he was good during the 5 year later Legion aswell wasnt he?

#129982 06/01/06 05:29 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Minesurfer click to enlarge

Do you guys over in the US call these shorts Okanuies? (spellt something like that) Im assuming its a Hawain name or something like that. Anywho..If I ever saw Minesurfer in person with that freaky smiley face head I would be quite wigged out. Wiggins indeed.

#129983 06/01/06 05:31 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Mon-el click to enlarge

A bit of an Andromeda reference for Mon-El...same sortof costume design...just sleeveless and not that yucky orange colour. I like the whole starfield in the hair thing that they've given Donna Troy so I adapted that here.

#129984 06/01/06 05:31 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Monkey Eater Lad click to enlarge

The Chest emblem here was supposed to be pacman and donkey kong (the original old skool version) but the paul frank monkey was a lot easier to draw so It become pacman/paul frank monkey. Costumwise I think this is pretty much the same outfit as I did before. just a couple of little differences here and there.

#129985 06/01/06 05:33 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Mystery Lad click to enlarge

More boys should wear pink. I Like the whole Question mark as centre stripe thing but probably shouldve attached it to the stripe on the pants. the Idea was that the Belt buckle was going to be the dot on the bottom of the QM. meh...I guess it works. the Farrah Hair was brought over from Sketch Lads original design for Mystery Lad...I think the pink was aswell.

#129986 06/01/06 05:34 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Nightcrawler click to enlarge

I think its fairly hard to improve on the original design for Nightcrawler so I didnt bother this time around...pose is quite dynamic as compared to the standard strike a pose in costume that runs through the rest of the thread...plus I love the fact that Nightcrawler sometimes uses a pirate sword so he is here aswell.

#129987 06/01/06 05:35 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Nova Girl click to enlarge

Nova Girl...Im presuming is another Alt ID. The Costume here is pretty much the Same but I decided to make her Tamareanian (ala Starfire) and a little bit Comet Queen. Im pretty happy with the way it turned out...another Favorite.

#129988 06/01/06 05:36 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Outdoor Miner click to enlarge

I know I know Vyyrgans have more legs...just the six were quiker to draw. this is pretty much just a Gates ripoff...Wasnt sure which colour scheme to go with. Also was using a hammer/sickle emblem at first but I think the shovel works better. I also like the little miners lamp on his head.

#129989 06/01/06 05:37 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Owl Lad click to enlarge

G-force ho! I like the whole owly design here...also decided to keep the costume grey/blue to reference Owl Man from the Ijustice League.

#129990 06/01/06 05:37 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Pagan Lass click to enlarge

I think Pagan Lass originally had a sort of Spidergirl kinda design didnt she? I decided to mix it up a bit. My original version of Pagan Lass had these weird sort of flared pants...I like the skirt/shorts thing better. Also, around her neck is a reproduction of the Venus of Willendorf a Pagan Icon of Femininity...I probably shouldve used something more Egyptian as I believe thats where the origin of the character lies....but I like the whole Witchy pagan thing, so I went with the Venus.

#129991 06/01/06 05:38 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Paris Cub click to enlarge

Paris uses a Starboy avatar So I went with that...and cub/bear seemed like a natural transition. the flag in his hand was a French flag but I used horizontal stripes instead of vertical...so it just became a black legion flag. the Beret adds the touch of Frenchness i was looking for.

#129992 06/01/06 07:39 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Polar Boy click to enlarge

or Icehockey Lad. I really liked this design and thought I was being all cool and original...then I saw X3. Damn you Ratner!!!

#129993 06/01/06 07:40 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Pov click to enlarge

Not a terribly original design Ive gotta admit. I did another that had "I went to Liberty Meadows and all I got was this stupid T-shirt" in interlac on the shirt. The Sign reads "Welcome to Liberty Meadows"

#129994 06/01/06 07:42 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Queen Connie click to enlarge

Another Character design stolen from "Gorefactor Zero" this time the Character of "Catscratch" a Werecat woman with a cybernetic Arm. Catscratch had pink fur and shorter hair, but Id already used pink fur for Cramer...the Orange makes her look very Tigra like which wasnt that unintentional.

#129995 06/04/06 08:06 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Quislet Esq. click to enlarge

Who is the Real Quislet??? its actually that cute little server-droid looking guy. He finds it easier to control the humanoid body and let people think its the real him.

#129996 06/04/06 08:07 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
ReBoot click to enlarge

You know I thought I was the only person alive who remembered the Reboot cartoon, let alone liked it. So instead of going with the Green Skinned Version of Reboot I used the Blue with Silver hair/Bob from Reboot look. The costume is Rond Vidar GL, and in keeping with the whole video game theme he has little Nintendo controllers on his wrists.

#129997 06/04/06 08:09 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
The Red Bee click to enlarge

The Evil...That Buzzes! Ive gotta wonder if Red Bee stings someone does he die like a real Bee? probably not. that'd be kinda Lame. Anywho...Those spikey stinger things on his arms are pretty neet huh? only real difference here is the Tattoo on his Arm...I think he mightve actually had sleeves before. Ive been told that noone this Sexy could be Evil...but I beg to differ.

#129998 06/04/06 08:12 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
the Red Bee 2 aka SCarlett click to enlarge

Another Alt-ID...who was the evil known as SCarlett? actually it was me. I had plans for SCarlett...big plans. unfortunately after posting a couple of times I forgot the password to log in as her. So she died...when she was um...run over..by 1000 ELEPHANTS!!! (Terry Pratchett joke). Costumewise this is a completely new version of SCarlett...and looks a whole bunch better if I do say so myself.

#129999 06/04/06 08:13 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Rockhopper Lad click to enlarge

By rights Rockhopper lad should be an Anthromorphic Penguin as RL has stated many times that he is a Giant Penguin with ice powers...but that reminded me of "Billy Madison" so I chucked that Idea out the window. Anywho this costume was designed by RL himself and then Refined by Cru...I thought it was pretty much perfect so I didnt change all that much about it...I think just adding the claws onto the feet and making the chest emblem more prominent. Love the pose meanwhile.

#130000 06/04/06 08:15 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
the Royal Inquisitor click to enlarge

Another evil character, which you can tell from the little skull logo on the belt. I first started using the skull logo after reading a Grant Morrison JLA story that featured a twisted, hardlight hologram version of the league that had skull-ified versions of the various members emblems. Ive since used it a fair bit both in the Legion of Supervillians and with the two Red Bee's. does this make Roy and the 2 Bee's members of the LSV? seems logical.
Costumewise I wanted to reference two things. First, the Inquisitor, from the boardgame Talisman a sort of D&D game from The Games Workshop, my favorite game as a kid. the Inquisitor was the character I always used, a freaky guy in a red hooded robe.
Secondly I wanted to reference the Mask of Phantasm , in my opinion the best Batman movie out there until Batman Begins came out.

#130001 06/04/06 08:16 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
rtvu2 aka Kid Voodoo click to enlarge

Ok...now the question I have with drawinng a 3-eyed character is does one draw a third eyebrow? here I didnt. anyway this is the same costume...I think I just shortened the sleeves.

#130002 06/04/06 08:17 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Saturn Girl

click to enlarge

I think I was watching a Britney Spears concert when I first designed this, so there's more then a bit of a Britney influence on this Costume. If you look you'll notice she's wearing a little lightning bolt earing to show her Affiliation with Lighning Lad.

#130003 06/04/06 08:19 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Semi Transperant Fellow click to enlarge

Yep..the arms do look a bit goofy. ah well. I still like the costume with the whole Martini glass logo and the pink on grey. and the super Martini shaker...of Space. (that or its that cannister thing containing the Starfinger remains that Spidergirl always had with her)

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,510
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
BLA, Queer Legion
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Valor the M'Onell
Valor the M'Onell
Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star