Roll Call
0 members (), 21 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LV - ain't Louis Vuitton
by Gaseous Lad - 09/10/24 07:50 AM
RIP James Earl Jones
by Ann Hebistand - 09/10/24 06:30 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/10/24 06:23 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/10/24 06:21 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/10/24 12:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/10/24 12:49 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/10/24 12:48 AM
RIP John Cassaday
by Sarcasm Kid - 09/09/24 08:33 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Re: What I found today at my LCS!
rickshaw1 #1036914 06/15/24 06:26 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Ouch. I agree with Ann. puns should be smooth, calm, and unexpected. The best ones make people get up and leave the room.

Okay, on with the story.

Green Latrine #12. Hal and Carol. Now, since I'm married to a Glorious Carol, I'd say he's once again got good taste. But the story is ...nice.

Power Girl #9. Okay story tie in, but messy art. Lots of Jim Lee detail on the characters, but backgrounds were barely there in many places.

The Flash #9. Gotta be honest, story is starting to lose me quick.

Nightwing #114. It's the old "the hero must fall to the bottom of the depths so that we can rise him up to show how great his is" trope.

And now the good stuff.

The Flash #277. This is right after the death of Iris. Barry was still dealing with the after effects of the Angel dust. Fun part of the overall storyline, and a great cover by the GREAT Dick Diordano. I had seen that cover for years, never had it before.

GL/GA #95. Barefaced Ollie on the Cover by Grell. GL in a favorite flight pose by Grell. ain't complainin.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
rickshaw1 #1038434 08/10/24 01:30 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I didn't realize it had been so long since I had posted here.

Anyway, on with the listing.

Justice League of America, the Original Series. Issues number 117, Hawkman rejoins. Issue number 148, long time legion fans will know this issue as it guest stars the JSA and The LEGION of Super-hero's. Had it many years ago. It wore out, and I haven't seen it since except in collected books. Not in the best shape, but I don't buy for that, just to read. Issue number 188, Black Canary making many a young man and woman sit up and take notice. And, Issue number 217. A classic cover by Perez.

Classic Irony Man, numbers 149, and 255.

Superman Family number 198, with a great JLGL cover of Supergirl. I had seen it many times before in adverts, etc, but never in person. Hotpants Supergirl with the boob emblem. Her best costume as far as Im concerned.

New stuff-

Fire and Ice 6. I finally found the conclusion. Great covers, interior art a little simplistic for me, but still very fine.

Shazam #14, not an awful series, but not the best either.

Birds of Prey #12, kiddie art on the interior, but it matches the story, so that's cool by me.

And finally Zatanna, black label #1. I know it has some kinda title, but it's a variant cover, so I don't know what it is yet.

I love the older stuff, a bit leery of the Z story, she's been so mischaracterized in the last twenty years or so. I'll give it a chance.

Something pithy!
rickshaw1 #1038435 08/10/24 01:56 PM
Independent Scholar
Online Sleepy
Independent Scholar
Welcome back, Rick!

Iron Man 149 -- wow, the first installment of "Doomquest!" I love that storyline! Ah, for the days when John Romita Junior could actually draw. But inker and co-writer Bob Layton still deserves the lion's share of the credit.

Birds of Prey -- the current storyline with the different realities has lost me, sad to say. Hopefully the next one will be better. I have faith in Kelly Thompson.

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
rickshaw1 #1038441 08/10/24 04:12 PM
G
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
G
I actually kind of enjoyed the Zatanna story.

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

rickshaw1 #1038992 08/31/24 04:47 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Well, this week I got a mix of new, and some old ones I never had before, so, lets begin.

GL $14, current series. I'm not really into this summer crossover, so I honestly just skimmed that stuff, but the Durlan stuff wasn't bad.

Titans #14, current series. I'm sure that the crew will figure it out, but even in their own book the writers make it seem like they are still second best choice in the DC universe, even without a current JL.

Nightwing #117, I'm pretty sure a certain group of readers is gonna like this one, Especially one young lady here that really likes Dick. Now with a beard, which she seemed to favor on Cap in the last Avengers movie.

The Flash, #12, current series. Okay, listen, I'm a fan of the out there. Morrisons DP run, well, really anything by Morrison for the most part. Anything that seems off the beaten path. So, this should be right up my alley. But it's not playing that way with me. Yes, it's a good story, very "out there", but it seems...flat... to me. Nothing against the new writer, I don't know them from any other work, and I've never read interviews with him (I'm guessing), so it isn't personal. First few issues, really nice. But it's been running on now for a year....and looks to keep going. From the interviews i read about the "change in direction", I was expecting more stories with shorter duration but scifihorror. Not really getting that.

Power Girl #12. Great cover. No idea why she's in Valhalla.

And now the older stuff.

Well, I only had a few minutes in the store, so it was a quick search that yielded some old Flash. Issues # 302, 303, 326, and 327. Carmine's art was a bit stodgey to my young eyes at the time, and a little less dynamic than his first go around that literally jumpstarted the Silver Age of comics. But I'm older now and I can appreciate the workmanship and story telling craft in it.

Something pithy!
rickshaw1 #1038998 09/01/24 02:32 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
some good stuff there, Rick! enjoy!

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,049
Posts1,048,462
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP