Roll Call
0 members (), 40 Murran Spies, and 142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 06/20/24 08:43 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/20/24 07:00 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/20/24 05:52 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/19/24 12:02 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 06/19/24 07:22 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Moonmoons.
#1036735 06/08/24 06:18 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
So, I was perusing some space stuff in real life (highly generalized, cause, ya'know, it's me, unlarge mind user) and a thought occured to me, can moons have moons.

Turns out, other folk had the same question. Now, while lots of things have moons, like planets and dwarf planets and even some asteroids, from what I read, so far no evidence of moons having their own moons has been found. But, it is theorized that it is highly possible, but the system, including stars, planets, moons, and their moonmoons would have to occur under very specific conditions.

So, a planet as large as Jupiter would have to meet one set, while a planet as small as pluto and it's moons (I'm still callin' it a planet, sciency thinky guys bedamned) would have to operate under another set.

It was even theorized in one article I read that our own moon could, at some point in the future, develop a moon of it's own by capturing an asteroid or some such body in it's gravity pool.

"Well, Rick, that's nice, but what has it to do with the Legion?"

I couldn't help but think ...what if it had sentients from those smaller moonmoons find out about the legion, and wish to apply. But unlike Salu, they would be permanently miniscule? would they be one individual, or like coral, a colony, a singular body made up of the citizenry of "moonmoon"?

Would it be veering to closely to something like Quis?

My other thought was..."What if there was a sentient like a living "red spot of Jupiter?"

Could the legion risk a possible genocide if the colony was murdered? Seems like a straight no, but then you think of Jan Arrah, last living Trommite.

Thoughts?

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
Re: Moonmoons.
rickshaw1 #1036748 06/09/24 07:41 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
"What if there was a sentient like a living "red spot of Jupiter?"
ooh I love this....I might even steal this idea for my fic! smile

I kinda like the idea of a microscopic society living on one of these moonmoons whose whole frame of reference is just their own world until they find out there's a whole universe out there so much larger than they thought....maybe like the archea that live in extreme environments here on Earth, or a fungal colony that has aboveground "cities" which interact with the wider UP, but in reality those cities are just a superficial appendage of the wider colony which takes up most of the inside of the moonmoon...

Re: Moonmoons.
rickshaw1 #1036749 06/09/24 07:50 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
[Linked Image from ]

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,310
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires