Roll Call
1 members (stile86, stile86, stile86), 19 Murran Spies, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/22/24 08:06 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 06/22/24 08:02 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/22/24 06:35 PM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by thoth lad - 06/22/24 03:44 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/22/24 05:04 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 06/20/24 10:14 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Legion Worlds Nine updated 11 June 24
Harbinger #1036816 06/12/24 01:46 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Hi Harbi, awesome to see an update on your team!

I don't think I clicked on Ultra Girl and Phantom Boy being a couple either until IB mentioned it - love it! laugh

Ouch @ Jed and Tel...something tells me things aren't getting any LESS messy for them anytime soon lol

I like Imra's thoughts about Garth's impulsiveness...they compliment each other really well, which I guess is why they're THE Legion couple smile

Dreamer's little interlude raises an interesting question that I have wondered about myself before - how often does she take actions specifically because she's foreseen them happening? Like "okay it's time for me to walk over there now" even when there's not really any other reason for her to do that except that she saw it happen?

OOOH TYROC'S GETTIN' HITCHED! He and Sade are fun together, I dig it! smile

Man, that Yellow Lantern's a tough cookie...she is a great villain!

And leaving on a good cliffhanger!!

More more more! laugh

Re: Legion Worlds Nine updated 18 June 24
Harbinger #1036996 06/18/24 02:41 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Earth, Metropolis, Weisinger Plaza

With formalities over, Mon El and M'Onel stood to the side of the celebration.

Neither had said very much to the other though they both understood that there wasn't really all that much left to say.

The younger of the two - as relative as that was to two beings that had spend over a millennium in the Phantom Zone - was excited to be going soon, to continue on his exploration of the multi-verse now that the team had rested and recuperated from the horrific time they had endured recently. With the planetoid as a base, and the supplies they were being given, he doubted that they would need to go through any experience like that again...

The older Lar Gand had thoroughly enjoyed the day though it had brought up a feeling he had buried. He hadn't realised how much he missed Jo Nah until today. The Jo Nah from this reality had been so similar to the younger version that had gotten married earlier. Together with Tinya, looking so optimistic and enthusiastic... Lar Gand felt something he thought his exile in the Phantom Zone had taken away from him - he really missed his friends.

The young Rokk Krinn and Jazmin Cullen took to the dancefloor.

"You gave the perfect speech up there, Rokk. I'm so proud of you, you know that?"

The young Braalian athlete kissed her on the cheek, before pulling a hand into the air, allowing her to twirl beneath. As they came together again he spoke.

"I was thinking, Jaz... When we get home, would you do me the honour..."

"Oh, definitely yes Rokk! I was going to ask you the same thing." They laughed as the continued to dance across the sparkling floor.

Jed was starting to feel drunk!

He had always been a lightweight when it came to alcohol so he thought it best to ask the Bar-Bot if they had any anti-alc drinks he might enjoy. As the AI that managed the bar had been programmed with all of the Legionnaires tastes it knew to provide a fruit flavoured beverage that included synth-proteins that would absorb the alcohol from the large man's system. Jed hoped it would be enough to save him from potentially embarrassing himself later on. Tel always said he shouldn't drink alcohol at all... As he took a mouthful, someone tapped him on the shoulder.

Kent Shakespeare, in an immaculately white long coat, stood there with a small smile on his face.

"Do you fancy a dance Jed? Jan's a stick-in-the-mud and won't join me. You like to dance, yeah?" The large doctor glanced at the dancefloor - it was only at most a third full. "Let's get up there while there's room for us... us big guys are always cramped in, aren't we? Let's claim the space while we can."

Jed was surprised as he had never seen Dr Shakespeare dance at any of the parties before. "Uh, yes, umm, let me just..." Jed quaffed his drink in one hearty gulp before following the doctor onto the dancefloor.

Otaki could feel the bubbling happiness from the crowd around her.

Usually she would not have enjoyed being around so many people butas the unified emotion was so uplifting she felt almost dizzy as she lowered her mental shields to revel in it.

"... I asked, are you okay?" Nel Duwi, the Daxamite officer stood in front of Bina, her expression clearly showed her concern.

Bina reached up and pulled Nel in for a kiss. "It is beautiful... Just like you!" she said as they broke apart.

"Are you sure?"

"Nel, I sense minds and everyone is so happy, it's almost euphoric.... Here." Otaki placed her fingertips gently across her girlfriend's cheeks and temples and shared the feeling that permeated the psychic aether around them.

"Wow!" After a few seconds Nel stepped back, her eyes wide, "is that what you feel? Wow, that was such a rush!"

"And can you guess what makes it even better?" Bina asked with a mischievous smile. Nel smiled back.

Nel and Bina kissed once more.

Dragonmage and the Khundian mystic Pressure Point slow danced in a corner of the dancefloor.

Szenlong swam in circles through the air above them, releasing a trail of sparkles that slowly fell onto and around the couple.

Other dancers avoided them as it was clear they were sharing a quite literal magical moment!

Chlorophyll Kid and Gorilla Girl danced for a few minutes though neither were really confident on a dance floor so quickly left and joined a couple of their colleagues at a round table not far from the bar.

Stone Boy and Rainbow Girl had been joined by several of the students and - surprising Ral Benem - Wrecker of the Khundian Battle Brigade. The Khundian was laughing as two students explained why they wanted to be Legionnaires.

"Come to Khundia, find out what a true warrior is!" He exclaimed with another snorting laugh as he slammed a fist into the table!

Rainbow Girl leaned across the table and started talking in a low voice to the Khundian warrior, her aura sparkling as she did. Ral smiled to himself, Dori could do amazing things with her rainbow powers... He wasn't exactly clear on what they did, if he was being 100% honest, but he knew that at least her aura could affect people's moods if she got close enough, and that was good enough for him at that moment.

Gates had spent the ceremony with XS and Cosmic Kid, though as it finished the Vyrgan had an urge to seek out Brainiac 5 again.

The Coluan must have known that his words would have had an affect on the decision that he was making regarding his place in this reality. The Vyrgan wanted to explain to his friend that there were reasons why he should stay. He didn't want Querl to have anything other than a perfect understanding of the task that Gates had set for himself... As he hovered across the crowded area, he was bumped into by Oodoo Shanair, the Lallorian Ambassador.

"Mister Mr’Asz, apologies... How did you find the wedding? Very moving, don't you think?" The Lallorian had a bland smile on his face as he asked.

"Ambassador Shanair... *chich* it was friendlier than the Khund's mating ritual... A lot less blood." Gates replied. Before he could turn away the Lallorian mutant continued.

"Yes, we have a Khundian on our team, Sentinel, and his expectations can sometimes be a little... Ah, bloodthirtsty. Still, they are an honest species, I've found. It's so much easier when all parties deal with honesty, don't you agree? What is that old earth saying again... The truth shall set you free! It's so true, don't you agree?"

Gates muttered to himself as he nodded and turned away.

<What are you doing, Oodoo?> asked Proty iii. The protoplasmic shape changer was currently sat on the Ambassadors head, disguised as a rather flamboyant tricorn hat.

<He's knows he fighting a losing battle trying to affect Khundish culture... Sometimes we all need a reminder to let the truth out>

<you just can't help interfering, can you?> The Antarean sent telepathically.

<Oh pooh! Some folks need reminding that honesty is a virtue>

<Really? And when are you going to practice what you preach?> Proty asked in a tone dripping in friendly scorn.

Oodoo Shanair laughed to himself as he made his way through the crowd.

Kinetix had persuaded M'Windaji to join her onto the dancefloor.

Zoe had always found Gahaji's style to be a little bit archaic; at least three years out of date, she reckoned, and had decided that she needed to teach him the 'in' moves so he could flaunt his stuff in style, without any shame. Gahaji laughed as she tried to encourage him to copy her.

"You look like a robot chicken." He said, between laughing.

"It's all the rage on Mars right now, c'mon, do it!" Her eyes flashed with momentary concern. He could see her worried expression and decided to not tease her anymore. Instead the young tracker struck a pose and started mimicking her moves. The two of them strutted around the dancefloor like prize cocks in a robo-farmyard parade.

The Monstress stood at the side of the dancefloor, enthusiastically clapping and cheering them on. To her surprise, the young Salu Digby approached her and indicated they should join Zoe and Gahaji. Candy threw her head back and laughed as they strutted onto the dance floor, copying the robotic chicken dance that Zoe assured them was in fashion at the best clubs in the system.

Shikari Lonestar perched on the back of a chair and watched the celebrations around her.

The Pathfinder from the Second Galaxy had found the whole day to be ...weird! The thought of a life-mate went against her upbringing, where the culture was anything but monogamous. Those that followed that path were often seen as somehow less than normal. Still, the humans seemed to approve and she no longer with her brief-home searching for provisions amongst distant Oort clouds... She wished Drake was with them, as the anti-energy being, her Wild-Star - had often explained these things to her when she didn't understand them.

As she had this thought - perhaps the fiftieth time she had thought about Wildfire that day - her senses alerted her that something as out of synch, but with the amount of meta-beings present she couldn't quite hone in to where the strangeness was emanating.

With a flap of her dragonfly-like wings she took to the air and flew around the space.

It didn't take her long to find what she was searching for - the mystic called Glorith was sat by herself. She appeared to be staring across the dancefloor. As the Kwai pathfinder fluttered down to a seat close to the mystic, she said "Shikari is also confused by this celebration, it is a strange day, is it not?"

Glorith didn't stop staring across the dancefloor as she muttered her reply, "... It could have been beautiful."

And with that, the young Xeroxan mage stood up and walked away.

"Well, Sprock me sideways with a deckchair!" Shikari cursed, repeating one of Wildfire's favourite expressions.

Grava cried as she held onto Drinchnar.

He knew that she always cried at weddings, but still felt a little bit embarrassed. Thankfully, they were floating ten feet above the dancefloor and there weren't any witnesses as the tears streamed from her eyes and she repeated how beautiful everyone looked and hoe perfect the day had been.

Drinchnar Lamment held on tightly and whispered to her that she looked the most beautiful of them all.

Jan Arrah had been standing at the end of the bar with Gim and Yera when the opportunity he had been waiting for presented itself.

Tel Vole had floated up to the bar and casually leaned across it. Yera eye's swept across towards the gravity manipulator before she turned away and smiled at Jan - they had been discussing the obvious awkwardness between Tel and Jed earlier, with both Kent and Jan saying they would speak to the two men if the chance came up. Jan nodded to his Durlan friend and left them to stand next to Tel.

"Hey Tel, how are you there?" Jan asked, as he signalled the Bar-Bot.

"Hey Jan, all's grand, thanks, how 'bout you?"

Jan could smell the alcohol on Tel Vole's breath, which surprised him as Gravity Kid was renowned for his studious nature often at the expense of his social life.

"I'm doing fine Son, thanks. Days like this are special, aren't they? Jo and Tinya were always bound for each other, in every dimension it seems."

Tel took a few seconds before he replied, his voice low, "You're checking up to see what's going on with Jed and me, aren't you? You've barely said three words to me in a year and now we're drinking buddies..."

"I'm checking you are okay Tel, you. Are you okay there Tel?" Jan kept the tone of his voice gentle.

"I'm just dandy, thanks. I'm fine." And with the last two words being emphasised to show the conversation was over, Tel Vole floated up into the air and away from Jan Arrah and the crowd around the bar.

Takron-Galtos, the prison planet - current location highly classified.

Titan and Retro were given permission to watch the questioning of the prisoners.

The first in the Cube - a specially designed room with dim lighting and anti-grav to keep the prisoners docile as they floated in the half-light, supposedly - was the mutant from Tharr who called himself Freezem.

"Prisoner number XMTT23659 - BTHJ9, Halod Harten of Tharr, we have some questions for you." The voice was modulated to be non-threatening by the resident AI.

The thug that the former students had beaten unconscious floated in the dingy interrogation room, his cuts and bruises had been taken care of immediately when the Legion had first warped him into this facility. He had bandages around his torso and the remains of a healing paste smeared around his chin, though in the forty five minutes since the Legion had watched the Yellow Lantern escape, the three remaining aggressors that they stopped had been brought here, and made ready for the science Police to question.

In response to the AI, he swore coarsely.

<there's a telempathic officer currently holding his mind steady, so he won't be able to plan an escape or lie in any reply he gives. We're not allowed to directly probe his mind though. His statement must be freely given to hold up in court> Titan explained to the deputy team leader.

<no, the Science Police aren't allowed... we, on the other hand, are not them and we have diplomatic immunity >

There was a moments silence before Nasir replied.

<are you okay Deen? That was... a bit harsh>

<we need to know what's going on. These thefts and.. and I need to know as there's another one in their gang... on Bibliothecix, there was a woman who recognised me. She said she knew me from long ago, before I can remember>

<do you believe her? She may have been trying to throw you off balance>

<I can't explain it, Nasir, but I knew she was telling the truth. Only she escaped before I could find out more. She might be able to tell me what happened before I was found on Ventura>

Inside the Cube, the Tharrian thug that called himself Freezem continued to swear, creating rather inventive compound-curses in responses to each question.

Titan looked at the Deputy leader. It was clear how much this meant to him.

<Okay... Let's see what I can find out... >

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Re: Legion Worlds Nine updated 18 June 24
Harbinger #1037009 06/18/24 07:58 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
oooh a Jazmin/Rokk wedding! I'm tickled pink! I love how they proposed to each other at the same time,basically!

ooh boy, I wonder if Tel will get all hissy at Jed dancing with Kent. not that Jed or Kent are doing anything wrong, just that Tel is... well... Tel.

Love how Otaki is drawing in the mental mood, and that she can share it with Nel!

glad to see Gates socializing with a friend, and seeking Brainy out!

lol at Oodoo trying to get Gates to see, uh, reality... and hah at Proty III calling Oodoo out!

hah at Zoe being all it-girl. poor young Vi, she must be missing her friends, so she's seeking out their counterparts...

hah at Kari cussing like Wildfire would have!

a-ha! so Jan and Kent are "dividing and conquering" so to speak! Love it!

well, Tel is smart, even though he may not be wise. he saw through Jan right away...

hopefully, Retro and Titan can get some answers!

another great installment... looking forward to more!

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,347
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
bIZARRO nO.1
bIZARRO nO.1
bIZARRO wORLD
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star