Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller), 5 Murran Spies, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/23/24 11:11 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/23/24 02:41 AM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/23/24 02:41 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/23/24 02:37 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/22/24 08:32 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: FABLES (Spoilers Possible For the TPB Folks)
#466810 06/17/06 08:05 AM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Man, now I can't -wait- until my comics arrive Monday. sigh

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#466811 06/18/06 01:37 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Another thing to look forward to, longer-range, is the Fables GN coming out this fall.

In this CBR interview from a few months ago, Willingham discusses the story, set in a time before the current series:

We'll find out why Snow doesn't allow any mention of the dwarves. We'll find out what happened to Flycatcher's (the Frog Prince) wife and children in the Homelands. We'll see how the North Wind became the father of a Big Bad Wolf. We'll see what turned Frau Totenkinder (the witch of Hansel and Gretel fame) into a wicked witch. We'll find out why King Cole was elected as Fabletown's first mayor. And we'll see so much more…

AND there will be one story illustrated by James Jean, the first time he's done artwork for a story. He's one of my favourite artists.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#466812 06/18/06 06:29 AM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Ooooooooh, yeah. faint

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#466813 06/20/06 12:19 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
#50 was great. I never realized how much I like this artist until now. There's a definate Kirby influence there, but far cleaner and attractive, like when Colleta inked Kirby.

Snow and Rose looked beautiful and even Blue Boy looked very handsome. He's really developed over the first 50 issues.

I thought it was very moving (sappy in a good way) and all the characters had some scenes. Bigby, despite being the obvious main character, is my favorite. I'm looking forward to 50 more new stories!

Fables has definately emerged as the next great Vertigo title. I'm dying to learn more about Red Riding Hood and Bigby's first encounter.

#466814 06/21/06 04:19 AM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Damn, this was a great issue!

The wind child!

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Ghost? Bigby's not the most imaginative guy, but YAY! Very in character for Bigby to keep him a secret last issue, in retrospect.

And Snow is reunited with her baby! "Ghost, give your mother a kiss." lol The one-panel reunion scene said so much with so little... Bigby, hands in coat pockets, apprehensive over how the kids are going to respond, Snow coaxing the kids...

"Okay, you've defeated me. You win." Helluva way to accept a proposal, Snow! But again, absolutely in character.

Frau T is the bomb! "Oh, silly me, WHAT 7th child, I'm a dotty old lady..." lol </span></span>

All in all, this might be my favorite issue yet. And for every wrap-up we got, there's a hint of something else to come. The Jack preview looks fun as well!

MAKE MINE FABLES! laugh

#466815 06/21/06 06:06 AM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
25-cent Fables #1 Special Edition Due Out in October

Reprinting the first issue of Fables PLUS a preview of the 1001 Nights of Winter OGN due out later that month. Thanks to Newsarama for the news item.

#466816 06/26/06 11:54 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
FABLES #50.

FINALLY got to pick this up and it's every bit as wonderful as people have been saying. My one quibble is that I wish there'd been a shorter Jack preview to allow a smidgeon of room to tease us with what's ahead for the 'stay-at-home' Fables.

#466817 07/03/06 08:22 PM
I
izi Offline
Applicant
Applicant
I
I LOVE Fables! I can't wait til the GN comes out in the fall, that's on my must buy list(among other miscellaneous books..)I only buy the trades because I don't have the means to buy BOTH the issues and the trades, so I stopped at Homelands(v.6?)I wonder what happens with Boy Blue, he's my favorite character(so far..)I also wonder if Greek Myths count as folk tales?Probably not but it'd be interesting to see Mr.Wilmingham's take on Artemis, as well as his take on Hansel and Gretal for no reason. I prefer Steve Leialoha's art on the books though,and he's really nice in person.I wish I coulda gotten a page with Boy Blue on it but someone else grabbed allllll the original art, frown But that has nothing to do with anything, I hope Fables continues for a long time but not so long it gets boring.It's one of the more imaginative comics out there besides manga and Legion of Superheroes

#466818 08/16/06 06:02 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The main series continues to entrance but I was really impressed with Jack of Fables (#1). The cover was funny, the premise is great and Jack is just someone you love to see bad things happen to. What a rat! I loved the idea that <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Fables are kidnapped and taken to a prison community so that their stories will be forgotten.</span></span> And what a surprise ending. LOL!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#466819 01/10/07 09:01 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I have not seen any one else mention this but apologies if I missed it.

It seems as if Barry Kitson is doing some of the art work for Fables #59. I am quite looking forward to that.

Faithfull
#466820 01/10/07 09:35 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
That should be great!

Just read the latest Fables last night--great, great, great Santa Claus issue! I like seeing ol' St. Nick, even if he wasn't the focus in regards to characterization.

Loved the Jack scene and the end with Bigby, and I like seeing the children (especially as being adventuresome).

I really love Blue Boy and Rose Red and I like that it looks like they're going to be together. This might be my favorite Fables pairing yet if it comes to pass.

#466821 01/10/07 01:58 PM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
...and their eventual (adopted?) offspring, the Grape Ape! From the Hanna-Barbera family of Fables, of course. nod

#466822 01/10/07 02:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've recenty started on the trades... up to vol. 4 so far. I started reading page one of this thread, but it seems like there are already spoilers to watch out for.

I'm really loving it. Can't wait to be caught up so I have something to add here.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#466823 07/20/07 05:30 PM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Hokey smokes! No real discussion since #50? Wassup with THAT?!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
-
S
P
A
C
E
F
o
r
K
e
n
t
wink

Number 63 came out Wednesday, but I won't get mine until month's-end. But "The Good Prince" has me anxiously awaiting the current issue! So far we've found the Foresworn Knight's ID and backstory, and that he plays a big part in Flycatcher's destiny. Fly's getting his act together, it seems, and taking the fight back to the Empire. urk </span></span>

#466824 07/21/07 04:41 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Prince Charming has turned out to be a far better mayor than I expected, taking the job very seriously and playing hardball with the Empire. Maybe his strategy will backfire but he's no Neville Chamberlin.

Bigby and Snow's wind child hasn't been around - or am I forgetting something? Wonder what's up with that.

I like Jack's book. It's sort of Fables Lite, but funny. It's surprising to me how many "Jack" stories there are that he can recount or act out. Also, we now know we have him to thank for the Snow Queen being such a b***ch!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#466825 07/22/07 12:38 AM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Yeah! ElasticLad <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Knocked her up and deserted her! Whatta cad-- typical Jack! :rolleyes: And whatever happened to their son?</span></span>

It was established that Jack never returns to Fabletown, so I'm interested to see what part he plays in the pending(?) Fabletown/Empire conflict...

#466826 08/13/07 05:57 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
James Jean's cover for #67, from start to finish here .

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#466827 08/13/07 01:52 PM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
sigh

#466828 08/13/07 02:38 PM
C
Wanderer
Online Content
Wanderer
C
I can't believe I've missed this thread.

Fables ROCKS. I've committed to buying the whole series, plus Jack's, in trade format, and it's great every time I re-read it.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
#466829 08/13/07 05:01 PM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Jump on in and discuss away, Chaim, old points and new! I pick up the trades as well, but I'm too impatient to wait until the latest arc is collected, so I'm still buying the monthlies as well... shocked

Just be warned, spoilers can abound. I'm going to edit that into the thread title now for the TPB-only crowd like you and Kent. How current are you with the trades?

#466830 08/13/07 05:06 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
James Jean's cover for #67, from start to finish here .
The Internet site you are attempting to access has been blocked. You attempted to access an Internet site containing Nudity related content...
frown Guess I'll have to wait until I get home.

#466831 08/13/07 05:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yes, he has some life sketches (very nice) on the site from prior dates. I wonder how that nudity-detecting software works - it can actually read the absence of clothing?

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#466832 08/13/07 05:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
No, it is just a site that has been reported to a master blacklist. It may contain references to nudity in the meta information or someone spotted the site, knew there was nudity in some pages, and just added it to the list.

#466833 08/26/07 10:13 PM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
click to enlarge

Kids clockwise from Snow's lap: Winter, Ambrose, Blossom, Therese, Conner and Darien. I think I finally got it!

I *LOVED* this issue! in fact, the only thing missing was Bucky on the artwork. Not to say the fill-in work was bad, it just took some getting used to. But Willingham was spot-on. I laughed out loud when the cubs "ambushed" the War Games participants, and again when Snow scolded them for running around without clothes in human form. The wolfpack tucking tail and running off, all the while complaining about Snow's new ride... lol </span></span>

And the ending... I was wondering how <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Excalibur</span></span> could be in Flycatcher's possession and IN Jack... but now I'm not sure Jack's is the real deal. confused

Great issue. And the covers for the next two have me looking forward to them, as well... :frustrated: <---still waiting for that graemlin, Gary... wink

#466834 08/27/07 05:12 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Pov:
Kids clockwise from Snow's lap: Winter, Ambrose, Blossom, Therese, Conner and Darien. I think I finally got it!
And a cake in the center of the table <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">for Ghost</span></span>.

Amazing how this series is still going strong after five years. All too many start to fumble after this time.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,364
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
queer_legion
queer_legion
North Carolina
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star