Roll Call
1 members (Boy Kid Lad, Boy Kid Lad, Boy Kid Lad), 27 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 10/11/24 09:54 AM
Kill This Thread LVIII - Emerald Vi?!?
by thoth lad - 10/11/24 09:52 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 10/11/24 09:50 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/11/24 09:40 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/11/24 09:39 AM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/11/24 03:24 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/11/24 02:36 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/11/24 02:36 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
Re: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
#345999 03/30/11 09:32 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Misterya was a odd world. It was filled with wild magic, chaos and order were bed fellows that never woke up. In this world the strong survived by beating the weak into submission.

Arcane-Lad was son of one of the strong. He watched his father rule their fiefdom with an iron fist and a steel rod. He strives to live his life as far away from that as possible.

His hope is that the Legion can help him learn and perhaps someday return to Misterya and put the wrong things right.

The firs step is to knock on Dev's door...

#346000 03/30/11 10:04 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev flis in and lays Elle in his quarters so she can sleep off her night of partying.

He heads back to his office and sees someone standing outside the door, getting ready to knock.

"Can I help you?" He asks.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#346001 03/30/11 10:32 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Arcane Lad looked around with a start, "I didn't know there were other magic welders around here?"

Dev smiled, "Maybe, maybe not. Last i checked though the powers of observation weren't magic. You were gonna knock on my door. So again I ask, how can I help you?"

Ahem "yes I wanted to know if I could be part of the Legion."

"Ok, why?"

Blink..."Why what?"

Dev rolled his eyes, "Why do you want to be part of the Legion?"

"Well I want to learn more about myself. I want to use my magic for good, I want to-"

Dev interrupted, "I! I! I! Enough about what you want. What can you do for the Legion?"

"My name's Arcane Lad."

"No, that's what you want to be called," Dev interrupted, "What'd your real name?"

Dev stepped in front of him and opened the door, he motioned to a chair.

"My name is Rufus Sigmore. I come from a long line of Magus lords on the planet Misterya. I've watched so may people destroyed under the boot of magic abusers. Those people need help! They need someone to stand up for them! They need-"

"Stop." Dev commanded.

They were sitting across from each other now. Rufus had worked himself up into a tizzy and was on the edge of his seat.

Dev watched him for a moment and smiled, "That's the kind of passion I wanted to see! Arcane Lad is it?"

Dev jotted something down.

"Alright then, Arcane Lad it is. Now. let me take you on a tour."

#346002 03/31/11 03:22 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev starts to lead Arcane-Lad out of his office, but suddenly stops.

"Wait. Let me apologize for the way I just acted...I wasn't feeling myself."

He motions for Arcane-Lad to sit back down.

"I've been through a bit lately, and have had some bizarre experiences. Some of which have to do with a friend who uses magic...it's a little complicated, but you're magic must have thrown me off a bit...I usually don't act like that."

Dev get's back up, "Now let's start that tour."

#346003 03/31/11 07:42 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Question Lad was in the technology center of the Security Office. There was an odd little error message that was preventing the installation of the fire alarms, and apparently that's all Red Arrow had to say before she went off to catch some super-powered bank robbers.

He had just hacked his way to solution when Dev-Em and a mysterious fellow entered the room.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#346004 03/31/11 07:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"Question Lad, this is Arcane-Lad. He wants to join the Security Office."

He waits while they exchange greetings.

"Do you think you have a little time to show him around?"

#346005 03/31/11 08:18 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
"Yes, I have the time. There's not much going on except your birthday party in a few hours. Red Arrow's making you a cake after she returns from dealing with bank robbers," Question Lad pauses because at that exact moment "Robbin' Banks" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biCA5w17fF8 ) begins to play on the office speakers. He shakes his head and gestures for another officer to take his place and change the music.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#346006 03/31/11 08:58 PM
Applicant
Applicant
"Birthday? Well I feel badly, I didn't bring you a present! Here, allow me..." Arcane-Lad stood quietly for a moment as he gathered his will and energy. With a small flourish he made a gesture with his hand and above the Security Office building the words "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEV!" appeared in the sky in luminous lettering where they would remain the rest of the day.

"Hopefully that's to your satisfaction."

#346007 03/31/11 09:16 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"Thanks Arcane-Lad."

"I have some things I need to aattend to, I leave you in th ecapeable hands of Question Lad here."

Dev walks off and enters his quarters.

#346008 03/31/11 09:24 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Question Lad debates in his mind where to show him, what is extremely classfied and what was not. He decides to show Arcane-Lad the the gymnasium next. Question Lad decides to make small talk with Arcane-Lad.

He asks, "So how have you been since the Red Bee attack?"

#346009 03/31/11 09:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev leaves his room shortly with Elle.

"I need to get her home to clean up and then to work. See you both later."

They leave.

#346010 03/31/11 09:59 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Arcane-Lad scratched his head, "Yea but the wha? I'm sorry but I don't know anything about Red Bees, I know yellow bees. I've never been off world form Misterya before, I've only seen the oppression of my people by my own father. I honestly worry that my father will try to bring me back by force."

#346011 03/31/11 10:10 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I wish I could say the same, Question Lad thought.I was ready to die, but instead I became mad or so they say. But I do know about oppressive governments. My sister was beaten in public by one. He replied, "The Red Bee was a super-villain we fought and defeated."

He turned the corner and showed him the Hall of Heroes, where statues of deceased members lined the small shrine. Pictures and flowers were common, but the most were for Sir Roy who died in that attack.

"Legion World isn't exactly a utopia either. But I come from a planet were the government is very unstable so this very nice to me. Of course it can always be better, but that's what we are here for," Question Lad said. He felt he would have alot in common with Arcane-Lad.

#346012 04/01/11 09:34 PM
Applicant
Applicant
"Let me ask you this Question Lad. And I know this will sound weird but I'd like to get to know some girls as well around here. I would like to know more about the opposite gender, I've spent my life surrounded by male tutors and friends. Women in my world are made to be like servants and usually don't speak their mind."

#346013 04/01/11 09:51 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Question Lad paused, trying to think of the right way to phrase this. I really don't want to scare this new person. It's not easy to say I absorb powers, skills, and memories by touch.

"I don't think I am the right--"

At that moment Red Arrow entered the room with a flower for Sir Roy's grave. She turned to Question Lad. Red Arrow said, "You did remember the catering right?"

Question Lad said, "I ordered from Bullseyes' Inn two hours ago. They should be here any minute now."

"That's awesome but the oven is broke. I think the bees might have messed something up," Red Arrow said.

"I will fix it right away. You can finish up the tour with Arcane-Lad," He said. Question Lad added for the guest, "See you soon." He then turned and walked to the kitchen.

Red Arrow said, "I am Red Arrow. I am pleased to meet you." She looked around at the statues and sighed. Question Lad can be such a downer,she thought. "How about I show you around the pool and garden?"

#346014 04/01/11 10:23 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Arcane-Lad watched Question Lad leave, A kindred spirit perhaps? Too soon to tell but I do like something about the man...

He turned to Red Arrow and realized that he was alone with her for the moment and felt fire in his cheeks. "Uh...hi. I'm- I'm Arcane-Lad?"

#346015 04/01/11 10:34 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Red Arrow said, "You seem familiar. Have we met before?" She searches in her memories. He looked a little bit like someone she met a long time ago, but there was no way this was the same person. The two of them walked to the pool area, Red Arrow waving to the familar staffworker Jose Jimenez.

"Do you like swimming?" She asked Arcane-Lad.

#346016 04/01/11 10:48 PM
Applicant
Applicant
It's impossible...He thought. The moment she mentioned swimming he was dragged back in time to one summer. He couldn't have been older than six and there was the pond by Mt. Littleton and the beautiful girl by the pier.

"I actually love swimming. I was very young and this girl helped me learn not to fear diving in, it was years ago now. I never forgot that kindness about her.. Do you swim?"

#346017 04/02/11 06:06 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Red Arrow thought back to all those hours swimming "training. You really couldn't dislike "extracuriculars" if you were a legacy in the super-hero business. Alot of that was overseen by Grandma Rachel who was Red Arrow at one time.

She said, "I love swimming." He seems nice but I'm on duty "After I'm off duty want to go take a swim?"

#346018 04/02/11 07:01 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Arcane -Lad beamed and said, "Definitely, that would be fantastic! What time are you off? I suppose I can go to the library or something until then to learn more about the Legion history."

#346019 04/02/11 07:30 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Red Arrow whispers the time in his ear. She then says in a normal voice, "Well, Question Lad should have finished fixing the oven by now. I will show you where the library is."

She takes him to a beautiful room. Red Arrow says, "We sort them by Library of Congress system. I usually spend alot of time in this section over here. I like to study chemistry and physics when I'm not in costume." She steers him towards the science books. Red Arrow picks up the latest issue of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. She blushes, hoping he won't think she's a total nerd or worse intimidated by her intelligence.

#346020 04/02/11 08:45 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Arcane Lad took in the library, in awe of the radical amount of knowledge available in one pace. THe walls were lined with solid oak shelves and filled to the brim with various kinds of books. Books on science, medicine, magic and fiction were just the tip of the iceberg.

"Absolutely amazing. I could spend the rest of my life here and I don't think I'd read everything."

He ran his finger down the spines of several books until he found, Atomic Sciences for Dummies and smiled shyly, "Looks like I need to keep up with you."

#346021 04/02/11 09:05 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Emily continued to blush, "You read what you want. I'm a Chemistry Major with minors in Physics and Math." Emily paused and realized that was rare. I am such a nerd. Must find an excuse before I tell him that I want to name my future son after Linus Pauling.

She flips through a book and quotes, "If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the Shatterer of Worlds."

Red Arrow sees she has Arcane-Lad's attention. She's unsure if that is fear or amusement in his eyes. She explains, "Robert Oppenheimer said that after the first atomic bomb was tested. One of my ancestors worked with him on the atomic project. I would love to explain atomic theory to you, but I have to go. See you in a little bit," Red Arrow turned and began walking away. She checked out the magazine and left the library.

#346022 04/04/11 07:55 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Arcane-Lad picked up the latest copy of Law&Order Legion Sector 1321 and sat down to read hoping that eventually he'd run into someone else.

#346023 04/04/11 08:24 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev landed on the roof of the Office of Security.

He looked around, scanned a bit with his vision and sighed. "She just is not going to make this easy is she?"

He removed his jacket and shoulder guards. The sun felt good on his back. Which had healed quite well, leaving only the scars from his encounter with the Red Bee. Not sure those will ever go away, either will the pain. not unbearable, but always there...as a reminder I guess.

He sat on the edge of the roof and looked out at the city.

Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,059
Posts1,049,242
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Catonyx
Catonyx
Badlands
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star