Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 22 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/12/24 05:42 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/12/24 03:46 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/12/24 03:45 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/12/24 03:45 AM
R.I.P. Shelley Duvall
by Ann Hebistand - 07/11/24 01:20 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/11/24 02:06 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Eryk Davis Ester - 07/10/24 04:54 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Straya's Art Spam Thread (Updated 3/19)
#129004 12/17/06 11:18 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Straya, that picture's great. smile And don't worry about putting pics of your alterego up here; there's a couple of threads devoted to that kind of pic around here someplace. I've been thinking of doing an Arachne pic, myself.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#129005 01/11/07 07:46 AM
Straya Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Again, thanks for the commentary, everyone. I haven't been around much lately because the last month was kind of crazy-go-nuts for me, to quote Strong Bad. Aside from the usual holiday complications of Christmas shopping, bits of family drama and all that, I got the bug that's been going around and one of my pets fell ill and died. That was $170 in vet bills down the tubes, but if I thought it would have saved his life, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. My fiancé and I are also trying to plan a move to an apartment over the next month, month and a half or so, so my presence here might be sporadic from time to time. (And hopefully the incoming ice storm this weekend won't cause us a major power outage, either.)

Anyway, more personal avatar art...this time OF a LoSH nature.

[Linked Image]

I wanted to keep it simple, more cartoon-styled, though I didn't have any references at the time to really push it over the edge. Aestraya would be a lot like Timberwolf, with abilities such as heightened senses, claws/fangs, great strength and speed, etc. I also gave her a pair of beam sabre like swords that attach to her forearms when not in use. We'll attribute the design and creation of those to Brainiac 5, but the character has always been a melee fighter, choosing close range weapon combat over firearms.

I'll likely never write LoSH fan fic with her in it, though.

"Not imbalanced, just creatively calibrated!"

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!
#129006 01/11/07 01:25 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I just looked through this all. You have some very nice stuff, Straya! thanx for sharing.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#129007 01/11/07 11:08 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Very nice. smile She looks really tough. Definitly LSH material.

#129008 02/03/07 06:46 AM
Straya Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Ho boy. It's been a little bit of a while, hasn't it? *digs up thread and throws forum dust up all over the place* I figured since we'll be getting to see "Brain Drain" later today, I should get back on that sketch of Brainiac 5 in Battlebot mode that I kept mentioning/promising. It's still not done, but it looks better than it did and I'm seriously considering a run through with Illustrator to ink it digitally. (And I have been making art, lately, just not Legion-related art, specifically. Lots of Transformers stuff. And some art based on the Jak & Daxter games. Hee.)

[Linked Image]

Right off, it's not canon battlebot mode. I really, really wanted to put some Transformers influence in there, so I started working in joints, hip sockets, etc. that would add a more "giant freaking robot" feel. I also let a more Mega Man X feel influence his head by adding the antennae with side bolts on the helm. I also tricked the hell out of his left arm as an extendable projectile weapon (even though it's so messy looking right now it's kind of hard to tell what the frag I'm doing with it, but I'll continue to clean up further).

And really...because it's just not good enough for this Brainy fangirl that the guy is the smartest one of the bunch... I had to go and make his "alt mode" (or true form if you want to call it that) as bad aft looking as possible. If the 12th level intelligence doesn't get you, the bottom of one of those big feet just might. *grins*

On another note, I'll have to go back through and change all the image URLs on my previous posts. I recently lost my domain name (sylversword.com) and all attempts to get it back have resulted in failure, so I've been forced to use my host's direct URL for linking and images. I really need to think up a new domain name and once I have one, I'll be getting it for free through my current host. The problem is thinking of something artsy, snazzy and hip sounding that would make a good base URL. Uh...suggestions welcome if anyone has them? LOL.

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!
#129009 02/03/07 10:09 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Wow, it definetly LOOKS like transformers. Nice work!

"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
#129010 02/03/07 02:49 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
What an awesome sketch! Even though there's very little of it showing, you can totally tell that that's Brainy's face, somehow. I'd love to see it inked! I'd totally like to color it!

#129011 02/06/07 10:12 AM
Straya Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
I'd love to see it inked! I'd totally like to color it!
I'm thinking digital inks at this point, but I'll post 'em up if I can get 'em done (and you're welcome to snitch 'em for a color job if I can get it that far, no problem there!). I just keep cranking out sketches and thinking I'd like to finish all of them to some degree... Curse my job for taking away art time! Bah!

#129012 03/19/07 05:50 PM
Straya Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Submitted for The Allspark's March Art Challenge: "Crossover"...

"In light of the annoucement of the upcoming Avengers/Transformers comic crossover, this month try drawing a TF crossover of your own choosing! Any franchise, series, comic, whatever - just draw a crossover!"

My entry..."Ride the Lightning"...Shrapnel versus Lightning Lad!

[Linked Image]

It is the 31st Century. The battlefield is Earth's New Metropolis. Not long after Brainiac 5's forced contact with the "hive mind" of his race, the super logical Coluans learn of their wayward unit's location and find that not only has his contact with humanity tainted his mind, but also the hive mind on the whole. The result is chaos on Colu, and unable to properly cope with what they consider an invasion of their way of life and minds, the Coluans make plans to invade Earth and destroy the source of their aggravation, taking Brainiac 5 back in the process.

Knowing, however, that Brainiac 5 has made powerful allies during his time away, including the legendary hero of the past Superman, the Coluans build their own time travel unit and seek forced assistance from a past and alternate universe. In their search for power, they locate and "borrow" several larger mechanoid beings with incredible strength and capabilities, forcing a connection upon them with the hive mind to better control them.

And thus the Coluan-Decepticon invasion of Earth begins.

Overrun and outgunned by the massive Decepticon forces, the Legion of Superheroes, the 31st century guardians of the United Planets, is forced to take drastic measures. After learning where the Coluans found their new slaves for destruction, Brainiac 5 modifies and reactivates his time travel device to reach the home time and plane of the Decepticons in order to find a way to stop them and send them back.

Can Lightning Lad, Superman and the other Legionnaires hold the Coluans and their Decepticon "allies" at bay long enough for Brianiac 5, Saturn Girl and Phantom Girl to make contact with the Autobots, the enemies of the Decepticon forces? Will the Autobots consent to a leap forward across time and space to battle the Decepticons and Coluans in New Metropolis? And what will Megatron do when he discovers the identity of those alien beings who stole half his troops...?

#129013 03/20/07 02:50 AM
Leader
Leader
God damn you're good! drool

Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.
#129014 03/20/07 03:00 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yep!

#129015 03/20/07 04:30 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Thirded! laugh I really dig your style. And the notes are really interesting (for the art-impaired, anyway). Can't wait to see what you cook up next. smile

#129016 03/20/07 07:36 AM
Leader
Leader
Wow -- very cool. Garth looks great.

#129017 03/20/07 09:47 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Nice. smile

#129018 03/20/07 10:28 PM
Leader
Leader
Wow these are good! The Aestraya in Wastelander style gear and Shrapnel versus Lightning Lad are my favorites. If I saw the first at a gallery I'd more than likely buy it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,031
Posts1,046,889
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
pencil lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star