Roll Call
0 members (), 24 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/25/24 05:38 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/25/24 04:30 PM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Gaseous Lad - 06/25/24 03:00 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 06/25/24 02:00 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/25/24 01:13 PM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/25/24 07:48 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/25/24 03:19 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/25/24 03:18 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fic: Gives Me Presence...
#91147 10/20/07 04:38 PM
Neemers Offline OP
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
"Kid, I love how there are always rumors swirling about me. Gives me presence."
--Salu, LoSH #13

This quote (and the discussion of it on this forum) started me off trying to get inside Atom Girl's head. Here is the result.

Gives Me Presence
By Neemers

Nobody gets me. Nobody, but nobody really gets me. They try just sticking me in a box and forgetting about me. Won't even let me have any input into which box the stick me in if they can help it.

There's two simple facts that most people who know much about my race or about me know. My people, the Imskians, worship Brainy. I work with Brainy. Most just don't take it any further than that. Don't connect the dots for how these two simple facts fit together.

You see, I'm the only Imskian who has worked closely with Brainy. Ever. And of course, the nature of sentients being what it is, nobody in Imsk can see it as a straightforward working relationship. Some think I'm his slave-for-life, having sacrificed myself to save the rest of the planet. Some think I'm his protégé and will someday return to rule the planet. They're the second-biggest reason I stay away. The biggest are the ones who think that since we spend so much time together, I must be his lover. The innuendos are bad enough, but do they really have to keep sending me pregnancy drugs to 'help things along?' And don't even get me started on the temples.

Nobody gets it. It's so simple. He saved me, so I owe him. I ain't dedicating the rest of my life to him, but I will help him out and protect him when he needs it. He's real good at getting in over his head. I'm his lab helper, and I'm his bodyguard. That's it. Why do you think he build me those guns, anyway? Out of the goodness of his heart?

The legion isn't quite so bad about the rumors. The main-core ring-wearing types, I mean. About the worst I've ever gotten from them is a few opinions that I didn't exist, or that I had a crush on Brainy. Those were both quick enough to set straight, and I didn't even have to bash any heads in to do it. Pity about that.

No, it's the Legions outside the headquarters that go nuts on the rumors. I've looked through what they're saying about me. People think I'm in the sack with every single member of the team, or that I'm a shy little thing who's scared of her own shadow. There's even one or two who think -- well I probably shouldn't tell you what they think. I ain't little miss sunshine, or no slut. I'm one of the meanest mothersprockers on the roster. Try telling that to the idiots who just think 'she shrinks, and she hangs out around the biggest geek in the Legion.' Though it was fun doing a little to set the record straight, using anyone who called Brainy a geek for target and/or combat practice. Especially those three Brallians last month. Now *that* was fun.

You see, no matter what I do there's going to a million and one rumors swirling around me. About the only thing I can do it try to pick and choose which ones go on. Be bad enough to make them realize I ain't no pushover, and I ain't nobody's pet. Why do you think I'm dangling Invisible kid over a whole lotta nothingness right now?

Questions and comments are always welcome.

Re: Fic: Gives Me Presence...
#91148 10/21/07 05:08 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Interesting...

Re: Fic: Gives Me Presence...
#91149 11/15/07 08:22 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
what a great little story! Nice to see the Legion (main ring-wearing group and the l'il 'L' types) from Salus point of view.

More, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,426
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Vee
Vee
Paragon City on patrol
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star