Roll Call
0 members (), 130 Murran Spies, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
My Art Commissions (Legion or Not Legion it's art)
by Gaseous Lad - 06/18/24 06:15 AM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Gaseous Lad - 06/18/24 06:13 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/18/24 04:51 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/18/24 04:51 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/18/24 04:50 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/18/24 04:50 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/18/24 04:49 AM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 18 June 24
by Harbinger - 06/18/24 02:41 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The Legion #33 ... SPOILERS
#8917 02/17/04 10:15 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Bedlam Lad:
Forget the costume! What about the soul patch on his chin? eek That's just plain scary!
What soul patch? There's not a sign of beard there.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#8918 02/17/04 10:45 AM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
I may be in a distinct minority, but I don't care for the cover at all. The balance seems off, and the angle unnatural. I get a crick in my neck looking at it.

The Legionnaires look as they're part of one massive blob.

I wouldn't read too much into Jarth's use of Element Lad's costume. We're probably supposed to wait for a big moment in the comic when he dons his old (or some new) Live Wire threads.

Is it just me, or does Superboy's anatomy seem to be off? His body looks too big for his head, and that pose looks as if he has a broken arm.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#8919 02/17/04 11:50 AM
Leader
Leader
I wasn't talking about Kinetix being on the Kwai Galaxy team specifically, I meant she shouldn't be on the team period while she's in zombie mode. They didn't cut her from the team last time she was in zombie mode either, which also made no sense.

How can Garth still have electrical powers if he no longer has his old electically-charged body?

Oh well, maybe he merged bodies with Jan/Omniphagos and he can eat anything now too.

Matter Eater Lightning Element Lad?

Maybe if he can merge bodies he can split into 3 bodies now too: Jan, Garth, and Omni.

Matter Eater Lightning Element Triplicate Lad?

My point here is he doesn't need both lightning and element changing powers. Either one is sufficient for Legion membership and he's too powerful with both.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#8920 02/17/04 12:00 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Why? The non-gaudy costume was the one that'd get him treated as a god.
I'm glad the old costume is back because the new one is gaudy. Besides the 2 costumes are pretty similar, gaudiness aside, and he doesn't wear a mask or anything, so I fail to see why he wasn't recognized as Valor regardless of which one he wore.

#8921 02/17/04 12:40 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
[b] Why? The non-gaudy costume was the one that'd get him treated as a god.
I'm glad the old costume is back because the new one is gaudy.[/b]
I disagree. And if it is, surely we need to lose Andromeda (again) (starfield), KQ2 (pink & purple), Superboy (not that I'd mind...), Dreamer (come on - an ALL-SILVER suit), Triad (orange and purple)...

And I'm not a fan of the Valor suit, but I do like the M'On suit.

Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Besides the 2 costumes are pretty similar, gaudiness aside, and he doesn't wear a mask or anything, so I fail to see why he wasn't recognized as Valor regardless of which one he wore.
Lesse... how many 6'-ish caucasian black-haired humanesque males are there in the DCU? Thought so. There were occasional times when it was suggested, but then he's also been compared to Supes among others. By wearing the Valor suit, he admits it outright. And if he's NOT thought to be Valor by the masses, then he'd be commiting blasphemy to a lot of people (yeah, against himself. Just because it's true doesn't mean it'd make sense).

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#8922 02/17/04 12:54 PM
Reservist
Reservist
What soul patch? There's not a sign of beard there.
Really? I could have sworn I saw one. Hang on, lemmie get my magnifying glass......

Okay, a few hours ago I would have sworn blind that there was a crystaline beard on Garth's chin. But it's actually the way that the light's shinning of his chin that gives the apperence (to me) of something being there.

"And afros for EVERYONE!"

-Gail Simone
#8923 02/17/04 02:19 PM
Leader
Leader
Lesse... how many 6'-ish caucasian black-haired humanesque males are there in the DCU? Thought so. There were occasional times when it was suggested, but then he's also been compared to Supes among others. By wearing the Valor suit, he admits it outright.
Well, by that reasoning, how many people do you suppose there are in the 31st century universe who wear red suits? Any one of them could be mistaken for Valor if we're going by clothing alone.

And it would be okay by me if they ditched Andromeda's starry costume and/or Kid Q's purple one. I never cared much for them either.

#8924 02/17/04 02:47 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Add me to the "Why isn't Garth wearing his Live Wire uniform?" camp.

Maybe the use of Mon's old uniform and the depiction of Andromeda in her pre-Anomaly body and costume is just a bit of creative license on Bautista's part, since he was given the cover on his way out. A chance to draw the Legion as he wanted. It certainly doesn't seem like we have the time to explain these significant changes during the run of the current creative team.

And I have to add, I really, really hate that we are losing the art crew!!! mad sprockthat mad Why'd they have to get purged just because DnA were moving on?

Sigh...

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#8925 02/17/04 02:55 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Great cover, btw!!! Take a bow Chris and Andy!

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#8926 02/17/04 11:05 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Legion group shot covers have always been impressive. The size and history of the Legion really lends itself to a well drawn full group image.

Maybe as has already been said it was just the artist doing them the way he wanted because it's his last cover.

Still a great image and an eye catching cover.

Questions of morality are often matters of taste
#8927 02/17/04 11:15 PM
It's hard to believe that Chris would have had carte blanche to draw the Legionnaires as he saw fit without editorial control.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#8928 02/18/04 12:42 AM
Leader
Leader
Are any of the final DNA/Bautista/Wallace issues double sized? Maybe then they could squeeze in a Jarth resolution, M'Onel revalation, and Andromeda return...

#8929 02/18/04 01:04 AM
T
Honorary
Honorary
T
Just want to point out to everyone who claims the series has had an inordinate focus on Cos: Cosmic Boy had little use prior to this arc. He was important in the initial arc, as he was leading the team in issues 3-9, but after that he became just another beckground cast member. Or can someone site some counter-examples?

#8930 02/18/04 06:38 AM
Deputy
Deputy
If you ask me (and you didn't), the old Mon-El/Valor costume is one of the greatest getups ever (except when they give him little blue briefs under the tunic), and I'm thrilled to see it come back.

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#8931 02/18/04 04:46 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
If you ask me (and you didn't), the old Mon-El/Valor costume is one of the greatest getups ever (except when they give him little blue briefs under the tunic), and I'm thrilled to see it come back.
Add me to the fan club for the old costume. That's Mon to me (although I didn't DISLIKE the starfield one either. The classic red is just special)

BTW, although he's been mentioned I'm surprised no one has commented on the fact that Supes is still here. I thought for sure he was only in residence temporarily during Foundations and that he would return to the 20th Century DCU after it's conclusion.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#8932 02/18/04 06:28 PM
Active
Active
Add me to the "Why isn't Garth wearing his Live Wire uniform?" camp.
I think its a matter of aesthetics. Garth's blue-green crystal skin would clash with the dark blues, white and yellows of his normal costume but looks decent when mixed with the neutral black and whites of Jan's.

#8933 02/19/04 09:02 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Shadow Kid:
[QB] [QUOTE]Add me to the "Why isn't Garth wearing his Live Wire uniform?" camp.
I think it's simply to remind us that he looks like Jan. Other than the costumes and hair styles and colors, there's really not that much distinction in the different human Legionnaires' features to distinguish them from each other. If he were wearing Garth's costume we'd tend to forget that he was in Jan's body.

#8934 02/19/04 10:10 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Regarding Superboy still on the team:

SHHHHH! TPTB will hear you! I have to admit, I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't get to keep at least SOME version of Superboy.

Then, we can turn around and start lobbying for SuperGIRL to return to the 31st!

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#8935 02/19/04 12:31 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
HHHHH! TPTB will hear you! I have to admit, I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't get to keep at least SOME version of Superboy.
And I'll be pretty disapointed if we're stuck with S-characters post-DnA frown

#8936 02/22/04 02:03 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I just want to add my two cents.

The cover looks great. Poster-worthy, except for Jarth.

I hope the cover is artistic license, and not an idicator of the storyline. Mainly because of the Valor aspect. I don't want to see it skipped over. On the other hand, maybe it'll tie in to the Last Son cult. If it's artistic license, it's great to see the Valor costume to contrast with the Superman costume. I actually prefer for Kon the Legion-style version of Superboy's costume that Ferro made for him in the 20th Century (orginally from Kingdom Come).

In general I think the current art team has been avoiding using Athramite-style Legion costumes, what with Triad, Umbra Dreamer and Timber Wolf (and of Course Superboy). I really like the Athramite costume style.

I prefer this version of Andromeda, but I think I prefer the M'Onel costume and identity. I guess I just liked the storyline and the way it was handled by Peyer McCraw and Stern. And before you knock them, remember that there was a more active level of Legion fandom when they were on the books than since, and it was biweekly.

I also like the similarity between Lar and Laurel's costumes. But while I missed having her on the team, I've moved on. She's ruined as a character. Brainy doesn't need her and neither does she. I say send her to the 20th Century, they need a Daxamite character. I want Kara. That doesn't seem so impossible anymore.

If Lar reveals himself, I want it handled well, because as far as I'm concerned he DID seed the worlds. It hasn't been shown in the postboot, and that's what scares me. Here's to the greatest hero of them all... and he's Daxamite, not Kryptonian!

LLL!

Comradely,
Gates
LLL!
#8937 03/31/04 12:10 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Nice group shot cover, we're WAY overdue. Worth the wait, I think.

I too hate Jarth beside Coz and Imra. Bad idea.

THRILLED to see Andromeda! S'BOUT frellin' TIME!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#8938 03/31/04 03:48 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by TiJulk MrAsz:
I just want to add my two cents.

The cover looks great. Poster-worthy, except for Jarth.

I hope the cover is artistic license, and not an idicator of the storyline. Mainly because of the Valor aspect. I don't want to see it skipped over. On the other hand, maybe it'll tie in to the Last Son cult. If it's artistic license, it's great to see the Valor costume to contrast with the Superman costume. I actually prefer for Kon the Legion-style version of Superboy's costume that Ferro made for him in the 20th Century (orginally from Kingdom Come).

In general I think the current art team has been avoiding using Athramite-style Legion costumes, what with Triad, Umbra Dreamer and Timber Wolf (and of Course Superboy). I really like the Athramite costume style.

I prefer this version of Andromeda, but I think I prefer the M'Onel costume and identity. I guess I just liked the storyline and the way it was handled by Peyer McCraw and Stern. And before you knock them, remember that there was a more active level of Legion fandom when they were on the books than since, and it was biweekly.

I also like the similarity between Lar and Laurel's costumes. But while I missed having her on the team, I've moved on. She's ruined as a character. Brainy doesn't need her and neither does she. I say send her to the 20th Century, they need a Daxamite character. I want Kara. That doesn't seem so impossible anymore.
Yup - agree with pretty much all of that, although I think that, given time and a willingness to undo mistakes, Laurel's still salvagable. More than a three-issue job tho.

Originally posted by TiJulk MrAsz:
If Lar reveals himself, I want it handled well, because as far as I'm concerned he DID seed the worlds. It hasn't been shown in the postboot, and that's what scares me. Here's to the greatest hero of them all... and he's Daxamite, not Kryptonian!
It's not been shown, but it's been referenced often enough. It probably occurred, post-boot, in the time of the stuff that was insta-retconned in the Valor series (DoA, etc).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,258
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
cleome57
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star