Roll Call
0 members (), 12 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/30/24 11:14 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 06/30/24 11:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/30/24 10:23 AM
Happy Birthday EDE!
by rickshaw1 - 06/30/24 08:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/30/24 03:25 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/30/24 03:24 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/30/24 03:21 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/30/24 03:20 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Three Post-Boot Retcons
#7200 07/16/04 08:40 PM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
You are suddenly permitted to retcon three [and only three] things you thought went really wrong in the post-boot. LSH and Lgs 0 [and stuff contained therein] are off-limits, and no really huge things that wreck the whole post-boot, like blowing up the Earth or other such idiocy smile Other than that, you can retcon any character's origin or any story arc.

[If your answer is "none", don't bother replying, huh - it's not as if this is actually going to happen as such smile ]

My choices:

1. Andromeda stays with the team after the end of LSH #80

Let's face it, every time the character appeared after that, it was only to wreck her some more. I'd have liked to have seen more Laurel G as she was at this point tho.
  2. Dark Circle Rising

Funnily enough, I'm not planning to retcon the Anomoly out entirely here smile . Indeed, it's everything else that I'm throwing out. Otherwise, Andromeda and Kinetix don't get anywhere near it, and while B5 gets his "Upgrade," no personality rewrite is involved. Basically, this then turns into pts 3 & 4 of the Time Trapper story (If I could turn back time/Time won't let me) from the previous two issues. And at the end, GLorith stays with the Trapper.
  3. Terrorform Kinetix

Can't really remove this entirely, but she gets turned back in L17/18 with the rest of the Terrorforms. And then has to deal with the aftershock, since she was [semi-]conscious, yet zombified and naked the whole time (and turned into a robot at one point), whereas the other non-hybrid Terrorforms got to be mindless drones and don't remember anything

What say you?

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Re: Three Post-Boot Retcons
#7201 07/16/04 09:02 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Good topic, SoM?!

Only 3? That'll be tough! wink

Let's see:

1. THE EMERALD EYE

First off, I'd eliminate the whole bait-and-switch where Vi ends up with the Eye. Instead, I'd let Zoe find it, though she can still be possessed by it (and perhaps possess the rest of the Legion) and set up some kind of "Bride of Mordru" story. Though in the end, I'd let her master the Eye and control it (though always with the danger of losing that control). This of course spirals into preventing Zombie Zoe and Terrorform Zoe as well. I suppose it's probably unfair to save Gim with this retcon, but at least his powers aren't transferred to Vi (or to Zoe, for that matter), which eliminates the giant Vi standing around all the time. Oh, and give a second Emerald Eye to Sarya.

2. SENSOR

I think it would be difficult to simply shoehorn the classic Jeckie into the snake's place, but I'd give her the DnA revamped design from the beginning, then change the name of her homeworld from Orando to something else in order to separate her from the preboot character more.

3. VENGE

In MY version of the postboot, he continues to be the most amazing badass villain the Legion has fought in quite some time, and not simply Computo in disguise. I think I'd make him something like a Nemesis Kid character, working with Robotica, but ultimately not loyal to them either.

#7202 07/16/04 09:13 PM
Candidate
Candidate
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
[b]Terrorform Kinetix[/b]
I couldn't agree more with this one. Hate this. I love Kinetix, I hate her new form.

Hmmm...2 others...

2) Not trapping Ferro in his metalic form. Ferro's one of my favouritestest characters. That's just a MEAN thing to do to him.

3) Make one or two of the Xanthan Legionaires from another planet. That planet's way over-quota! (On members AND deaths!) Maybe the Kid Quantums. (Kid Quanta?)

I want a flight ring!
#7203 07/16/04 09:20 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Postboot Xanthu's got nothing on Preboot Earth.

#7204 07/16/04 09:33 PM
Candidate
Candidate
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Postboot Xanthu's got nothing on Preboot Earth.
This is true. Actually, that's why Xanthu stands out so much, I think. Usually, it's Earth that gets over-represented in this sort of thing. But Earth's got a grand total of 2 this time around, tied with Daxam (and both of these are...unusual situations) and Winthu. (Actually, didn't Colu withdraw and replace Brainie at some point? Or am I thinking another story...)

I want a flight ring!
#7205 07/16/04 09:37 PM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Nekogami:
(Actually, didn't Colu withdraw and replace Brainie at some point? Or am I thinking another story...)
You're thinking of Winath yanking Livewire off the team & replacing him with Spark.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#7206 07/16/04 09:52 PM
Candidate
Candidate
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
You're thinking of Winath yanking Livewire off the team & replacing him with Spark.
I might have conflated Brainie's late arrival with the LW/Spark bit - despite remembering both just fine. Odd that. Perfectly probable, though.

(And where'd I pull 'Winthu' from?)

I want a flight ring!
#7207 07/16/04 09:53 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I agree, great topic!

1. The Anomaly

The whole Dark Circle Rising storyline, while not very good, didn't bother me too much. But I really thought that the Anomaly was wasted and wasn't used in the way that Levitz had intended it to be when he introduced it in LSH 100. So I would have had a two or three part story where Kinetix, Andromeda, Brainy, Gates, Umbra and Mon end up confronting their inner desires, fears, thoughts, etc., before finding a way out of the anomaly. Zoe would have confronted her power-hungriness and not been zombified, Andy would have realized the error of her ways and promptly rejoined the Legion, and we coul've gotten a nice origin story for Gates in the process. The rest of the story would then have gone on as it did in the series.

2. Elements of Disaster

Remember this Archie Legion 3-parter where the Elementals head to where Mordru is to try to destroy him? The only thing I'll change is that Dirk keeps his full Sun Boy powers and that he and Mysa join the Legion.

3. The Credo

Okay, so I'm pretending that DNA's run would have gone on indefinitely from here, and that they would've turned the Credo arc into a five-parter or so, just so the retcons I'm making won't be a total waste when Waid and Kitson come on board.

Things would have gone on as they had in Legion 32 and 33, but instead of trying to kill everybody, Singularity flies out, rallies the Credo and escapes with maybe half of the remaining forces. They then invade the UP, starting with Legion World and Earth. the Legion takes the fight on three fronts- about a third of them on LW alongside the cadets vs. the invading Credo forces,keeping them from getting to the Thresholds and invading the rest of the UP, a third keeping Earth and the UP government safe and the rest in space trying to stop Singularity from jumpstarting a reaction that will blow the Sun up and taking the entire Solar System with it.

On LW, Chuck and the cadet Amp Girl get irradiated or something, giving Chuck the bouncing powers and activating latent hereditary jeans in Amp Girl (she was Asian, after all, so I'm turning her into a Doctor Light descendant). Both of them plus Polar Boy, Dawnstar and Infectious Lass (who had enrolled in the cadet program) are then fully inducted into the Legion for their bravery in the battle.

In space, Garth and Singularity ends up in a blow-by-blow battle. Singularity gets the upper hand, and just as he's about to kill Garth, Zoe jumps in, blasts Singularity and exhausts her terrorform energy. Garth gets caught in it and reverts back to his original form also. We could have the same happen to Sensor but then I'm one of the people who finds her new form interesting.

Anyway, the Legion then trounces Singularity and in his insanity he flies into the Sun and burns up. Imra broadcasts the battle into the minds of the Credo, and just like in the books they get disillusioned and go home, and the Legion have to deal with the cleanup.

So this story ends with Garth and Zoe turned back to normal and Chuck, Amp Girl (taking the name Doctor Light because I love Kimiyo and would love to see a successor in the Legion), Polar Boy, Dawnstar and Drura all joining the Legion.

#7208 07/16/04 10:18 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Mine are basically reverting certain characters more like their previous incarnation. Doing it in a retcon makes it a tad harder than simply rewriting years of continuity (for example I would've kept Andromeda the way she was and never had her leave the team, but that's not a retcon unless I invalidate or alter almost every story that took place afterwards):
1 -- The Emerald Eye/Empress: No whiny co-dependent paranoid. I don't remember the specifics, but postboot I think the Eye was created by Mordru(?) The retcon would be that Mordru ws trying to recreate the *real* Eye and came up with a sad copy. The real one can then come back in the posession of Sarya (or vice-versa)and kill that psycho Empress.
2 -- Wildfire's origin: They are not combined entities. Retcon back Atom'X and Blast-off's names and make Drake Burroughs a guy who was an innocent bystander or something who was there during that Mordru battle and his exposure to their energies turned him into Wildfire.
3 -- retcon away Tinya's half-Carggite origin. It seemed a convoluted way to undo her "death" and nothing's come from it anyway. Instead, Phase was just a hypertime verion of herself and the touchstone allowed them to integrate.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,591
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Eryk Davis Ester
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Dave Hackett
Dave Hackett
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star