Roll Call
0 members (), 10 Murran Spies, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 06/30/24 10:23 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 06/30/24 09:59 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/30/24 09:59 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 06/30/24 09:50 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 06/30/24 08:34 PM
Happy Birthday EDE!
by Eryk Davis Ester - 06/30/24 08:22 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Ann Hebistand - 06/30/24 05:08 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Preview Art for Legion of Super-Heroes ... SPOILERS!
#62263 10/01/04 08:41 PM
Active
Active
WOW. great image! welcome back Gim Allon!
i like what i see. Ayla with an anti-gravity arrow. Ultra Boy with his original weight belt, cool boots and arm bands, the pants look dark green to me. yeah that must be Star Boy. i tend to agree that the new Tasmia is a bit underwhelming. where's the majesty and the mystery?
but overall, i am excited! great work by Kitson. is this the cover to #2? or a splash page?

Gorilla Nebula
#62264 10/01/04 11:05 PM
Leader
Leader
I don't care for Gim's costume. The person in black & white reminds me more of Lar, (Marvel Lad now?) then Thom. The character most are assuming is Sun Boy reminds me more of the female Inferno. Maybe it's Sun Girl now? Tasmia's costume I kind of like but it reminds me of one of Storm's. I don't care for her looking so pale though. Ayla's costume seems a bit skimpy but it reminds me of one Dazzler wore during Inferno. I agree with those that say Gim & Jo look too similar. I'd rather Jo not look like Gim's (Micro Lad?) "mini-me".

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#62265 10/01/04 11:12 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I happen to like U-Boys outfit. I see Barry drew the traditional costume his own way (everybody does) and it looks pretty darned good. Maybe this will quiet down the folks that were grumbling about Jo's apparent girth in the promo pic.

SunBoy?..or Inferno? That's a cool costume. I wonder what's he blasting at? A giant robot story?! Sweet, the Legion fighting giant robots! I love it!
This ought to be great ride.

#62266 10/02/04 01:29 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Maybe the robot contains... HITLER'S BRAIN!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#62267 10/02/04 01:59 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hitler's Brain? Left behind from the Titans battle? Or maybe that's what the Fatal Five were looking for when we last saw them as a group?

I wonder if Saturn Girl (and the other lasses) will also have a bare midriff. Nice to see someone has a cape! And it looks like Tasmia still has pointy ears.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#62268 10/02/04 04:16 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
WOW! I've been waiting for Gim to come back for years and when he finally does - he makes an entrance! GREAT COVER BARRY!

(Quick aside re: something I've noticed about Gim - he's much more an artist's character than a writer's character. Unlike someone like Star Boy or Saturn Girl or Cosmic Boy his power is purely visual and thus lends itself really well to any type of action or group shots. Its probably why he's made the scene on so many covers and crowd shots and team portraits over the years despite so few writers ever doing anything meaningful with him. Hopefully Mark will be the writer to change all that.)

On to the rest of the stuff on the cover -

- Gotta say (and as I mentioned on another thread somewhere a while ago) as much as I love Barry's art, I'm not too keen on any of his costume designs. They're all a bit too simple and samey for me. I prefer costumes that are a lot more intricate and interesting than these ones, and ones that shout originality. I just don't get that from any of these. In fact, most of these don't even look like super-hero costumes (Hmm, maybe that's the point?). That being said though, I do love the white cape on Star Boy's starfield costume and I am looking forward to seeing that one close up.

- Love the retro robot and just the whole idea of the Legion fighting a giant robot!

- Not at all liking Tasmia's very pale skin tone. Hopefully that's just a colouring error.

- I can't wait to find out which are the newer Legionnaires who don't know about "Atom Girl" and which are the old-school members. I wonder if WaK will stick to the same order that members joined in as pre-boot?

All in all I LOVE this cover and now I'm even more looking forward to this series... if that were possible.

#62269 10/02/04 05:27 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Kid with cape is a Lad. Element Lad.

I love Vol.4
Prepare your stones.
#62270 10/02/04 06:41 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Mars Hottentot:
Kid with cape is a Lad. Element Lad.
No sir, E-Lad is blonde with a yellow cape.

#62271 10/02/04 08:52 AM
A
Active
Active
A
Can we be sure that's just a robot? Maybe it's the top of a mobile Time Institute.

I'm not going to waste too much effort pouring judgment into the second of a total of two images. It's just nice to see the team doing their thing.

#62272 10/02/04 08:55 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by BrucePristine:
Why is Shady so pale?
When I first saw that pic, I thought it was Argent from the Teen Titans.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#62273 10/02/04 10:03 AM
Rejected Substitute Reservist
Rejected Substitute Reservist
Guys, he's WWF-style wrestling a 40 story tall robot. I see nothing in this picture wrong at ALL smile smile

"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot
#62274 10/02/04 10:23 AM
Active
Active
Gim looks...More bigger than ever!
Maybe Tasmia look a little pale in this cover, but she looks beautiful.
The next cover I want Tinya, Garth and Luornu.

From UK with glamour.
#62275 10/02/04 10:44 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Actually, Gim and Jo have an *incredibly* similar color scheme. Not ideal at all.
When I saw the thumbnail on the front page, I actually thought it was Jo.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#62276 10/02/04 12:42 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Nice.

Looks like jo's got a dark green colouring on his pants to me. I like Aylas costume and Starboys. Not so sure about Shady (if it is her) the skin colour looks off to me.

One thing about this picture makes me smile. My instant reaction as I scrolled down to see the robot head was "Thats Babbage"

Could this Legion be battling Robotica?

Faithfull
#62277 10/02/04 02:04 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Hitler's brain ... and Mussolini's pancreas?

The cover looks great. I don't mind the new costumes. (Though seeing a few capes is nice.)

The action on the cover is odd, however. Why are most of the Legionnaires just floating around while Gim demonstrates his brawn? They don't seem too eager to lend a hand, or even all that concerned. Training exercise, perhaps? Is this the first time they've seen their super-sized teammate in action? Wouldn't Gim get a toasty backside from Sun Boy creating such a widespread inferno (pun not intended) so close?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#62278 10/02/04 02:12 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Gim's gassy from his exertion-- Dirk's burning off the methane... wink

(hmmm... that would also explain Tasmia's disheartened look, as well as everybody's hesitance to get real close... except for Jo, who's got his Ultra-Invulnerability on! ) laugh

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#62279 10/02/04 07:35 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Kitson is still insisting that they're not wiping out past continuity. Could we be misunderstanding something? Or is he? Is it possible that the team will remember the current continuity? (And Jeckie thought waking up with arms was bad...)

I really like Shady's costume, but I miss the Coipel hairstyle. I found it a major pain to draw though, so I can't hold it against Kitson.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#62280 10/02/04 07:58 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I think what he means is that the Legion won't remember any of the events of the past ten years, though their impact on the rest of the DCU remains. So, instance, the Team 20 stories still happened as they happened from the point of view of everyone in the 20th century, but that Legion won't be the Legion will be reading about.

This contrasts with the Doom Patrol reboot, for example, where all the past adventures of that team have been completely wiped, as if they never happened.

#62281 10/02/04 08:24 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Just don't let Giant Robotic Lesbian see that anti-robot image. She'd go nuts.

#62282 10/02/04 10:08 PM
Active
Active
That's a great picture of Gim.

I'm a little underwhelmed by the costumes we've been seeing though. They're all a little bland, though I kinda Barry's update on Ultra Boy.

And I prefer Tasmia with a more exotic look. With that mid-driff costume she's got on she looks like a suburban teen.

#62283 10/03/04 05:33 AM
Candidate
Candidate
Remember Barry mentioned that #1's colouring in the preview version was not the final colouring. Hopefully it's the same, although I don't mind the paler Tasmia, what difference does it make if the story's good?

Charlie E/N

>?
#62284 10/03/04 08:03 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Originally posted by Tromium:
How come everyone gets a new costume but Ultra Boy? If anyone needed a wardrobe fix after 40 years it was Jo.
I disagree. I think Jo's red shirt with green dragon symbol is definately a classic. Sure, he can stand to loose the wide fringes around the edges, but keep the classic red shirt with green logo and black pants!

WildCard

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
#62285 10/03/04 08:15 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Originally posted by Shadow Kid:
And I prefer Tasmia with a more exotic look. With that mid-driff costume she's got on she looks like a suburban teen.
I'm just glad they didn't keep Lightle's metal crotchpiece. :rolleyes: What WAS that, an inertron chastity belt? Talokian planetary champs have to be chaste, or something?

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#62286 10/03/04 08:26 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Povicho:
Originally posted by Shadow Kid:
[b] And I prefer Tasmia with a more exotic look. With that mid-driff costume she's got on she looks like a suburban teen.
I'm just glad they didn't keep Lightle's metal crotchpiece. :rolleyes: What WAS that, an inertron chastity belt? Talokian planetary champs have to be chaste, or something?[/b]
Well, Legion #24 stressed how important it was to keep the bloodline pure...

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#62287 10/03/04 08:39 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
lol

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,621
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Anti-Matter Eater Lad, Hunt Drouin, Spellbinder
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
mhr_kara
mhr_kara
Earth-247
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star