Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 14 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/26/24 12:56 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/26/24 12:55 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/26/24 12:55 PM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/26/24 08:39 AM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 26 June 24
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/26/24 03:19 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/26/24 02:53 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/26/24 02:53 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/26/24 02:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: New girl here, hello everyone!
#649237 09/12/03 11:58 AM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
Hello again. I regret I was not able to reply to anyone yesterday. Your kind welcome to the LMB is most appreciated.

Let me share with you what happened Thursday night, quite unexpectedly. One of the girls from the club where I work called to say I had to come down to the Quarter to see the spontaneous memorials which were springing up. She said that residents and tourists alike were all being quiet and respectful, a rarity for any time in the Quarter. That, and the fact that my friend and some of the other girls were meeting got me to leave my attic flat. I took with me several white candles. I was surprised and pleased that the flower shop at the end of my street had stayed open to accomodate everyone, and so I was able to buy a bouquet to add in tribute. Thus when I found my group I was able to join in the unorganized but heartfelt memorial to the heroes and the fallen of 9-11. As you can imagine when police cruisers drove by, cheers rose up from up and down the blocks. Most people stayed out there all night and at dawn I don't believe there was a dry eye as someone began singing the National Antham and everyone joined in. I don't know if this will happen next year, but am so glad my friend encouraged me to be there Thursday night. I will never forget the feelings, pride, sadness, strength, and hope.

We all love heroes, or we wouldn't be here. Let's never forget that they don't just live in comic books, or on television, or in the movies. They walk among us, and whether you have realized it or not, there is a hero inside every one of us waiting for the call to action.

I'm going to get down off my podium now and press 'add reply' before I lose my nerve. I promise I'm not always like this....

#649238 09/12/03 12:00 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wow! That's amazing! Very pleased to have you on these boards! Don't ever think that you shouldn't post something like this. It was beautiful.

laugh

Touch the magic...
#649239 09/12/03 12:05 PM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
Thanks Danny shocked

#649240 09/12/03 12:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Anytime, LA!

Hey, I've never been to New Orleans. Is it as beautiful as I've heard?

Touch the magic...
#649241 09/12/03 12:25 PM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
I have been all over the US, and if I have a choice, I will always make my home in New Orleans. It is indeed beautiful, but more it is a feeling. This city is a mixture of regular American cities, and those of Europe as well. You touch history, you breathe it in every time you walk down a street. Just setting your feet on the stones in the street you are walking on the stones sailing ships, slave ships, cargo vessels and even pirate ships used as ballast. Before they'd take on loads of cotton and goods they had to unload the flat weight stones at the docks. Someone started to set them in the mud to make a street, and here we are walking on them 200 and even 300 years later. My building was a bakery which had a fire then became a cotton export office, then a law firm, and is now flats. Obviously Danny, there is so much I could tell you about my city as I fancy myself a history buff. But, someday you should visit and experience it for yourself.

#649242 09/12/03 12:28 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My only real experience with New ORleans has been through Anne Rice novels, although it seems as if the city is a character all in its own.

I guess thats why IM so fascinated...

Touch the magic...
#649243 09/12/03 01:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
You seem like such an interesting person, Lasa! I'm glad you found your way to Legion World!

smile

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#649244 09/12/03 01:23 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
New Orleans truely is a fascinating city. I've been there a few times and it just radiates mystery and history (the two seem intertwined somehow there)

It really is worth a trip. Just be sure to explore a little beyond Bourbon Street! There so much more to see!

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#649245 09/12/03 01:26 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Lasa Athame:
Hello again. I regret I was not able to reply to anyone yesterday. Your kind welcome to the LMB is most appreciated.

Let me share with you what happened Thursday night, quite unexpectedly. One of the girls from the club where I work called to say I had to come down to the Quarter to see the spontaneous memorials which were springing up. She said that residents and tourists alike were all being quiet and respectful, a rarity for any time in the Quarter. That, and the fact that my friend and some of the other girls were meeting got me to leave my attic flat. I took with me several white candles. I was surprised and pleased that the flower shop at the end of my street had stayed open to accomodate everyone, and so I was able to buy a bouquet to add in tribute. Thus when I found my group I was able to join in the unorganized but heartfelt memorial to the heroes and the fallen of 9-11. As you can imagine when police cruisers drove by, cheers rose up from up and down the blocks. Most people stayed out there all night and at dawn I don't believe there was a dry eye as someone began singing the National Antham and everyone joined in. I don't know if this will happen next year, but am so glad my friend encouraged me to be there Thursday night. I will never forget the feelings, pride, sadness, strength, and hope.

We all love heroes, or we wouldn't be here. Let's never forget that they don't just live in comic books, or on television, or in the movies. They walk among us, and whether you have realized it or not, there is a hero inside every one of us waiting for the call to action.

I'm going to get down off my podium now and press 'add reply' before I lose my nerve. I promise I'm not always like this....
Lasa: Don't ever worry about posting your thoughts here, particularly ones as touching and emotional as those. They will be appreciated and much respected. We can be zany but we really are more like family here than just about any place I've ever been online!.

V

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#649246 09/12/03 01:34 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Varalent:
Originally posted by Lasa Athame:
[b] Hello again. I regret I was not able to reply to anyone yesterday. Your kind welcome to the LMB is most appreciated.

Lasa: Don't ever worry about posting your thoughts here, particularly ones as touching and emotional as those. They will be appreciated and much respected. We can be zany but we really are more like family here than just about any place I've ever been online!.

V [/b]
Well said, Vee!

Touch the magic...
#649247 09/12/03 02:18 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Lasa. It's always welcome when a newcomer shares their thoughts, joins our whackiness or displays their talents for art or writing, what have you.

#649248 09/12/03 08:40 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Welcome!

#649249 09/12/03 08:41 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by LABRADORIAN:
HI!!!
youre female, THANK GOD!! i was getting sick of the women on here that turned out to be gay men.
I was shocked to find out how many of the supposedly gay men here are actually women in real life.

#649250 09/12/03 08:59 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by S.T.U.:
[b] HI!!!
youre female, THANK GOD!! i was getting sick of the women on here that turned out to be gay men.
I was shocked to find out how many of the supposedly gay men here are actually women in real life. [/b]
Now, S.T.U., that's going to seriously fuck up my weekend. (Sorry about the profanity, but when you think about it - it's S.T.U.'s fault)

#649251 09/12/03 09:08 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
[b]
[b] HI!!!
I was shocked to find out how many of the supposedly gay men here are actually women in real life. [/b]
Now, S.T.U., that's going to seriously fuck up my weekend. (Sorry about the profanity, but when you think about it - it's S.T.U.'s fault) [/b]
"Tee hee. You THINK I'm a hot, hairy, horny man with a bulging package. I'm actually a 19-year-old sophomore at Mt. Holyoke...!"

#649252 09/12/03 09:34 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
[b] HI!!!
I'm saying nothing. smile

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#649253 09/12/03 11:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
[b] HI!!!
Great.

My head just exploded.

Anyone know a good way to get brain matter out of a keyboard?

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#649254 09/12/03 11:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
(Grife, where are my manners...)

Welcome to Legion World, Lasa! I hope you like it here!

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#649255 10/31/03 10:45 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Hey Lasa, how've you been doing lately? smile

#649256 11/01/03 07:28 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I hadn't seen this thread before!

First of all, Lasa, are you still around? We would really like to hear from you. What did you think of last month's Umbra spotlight?

I also wanted to say that I enjoyed your other postings. It's not always easy to open up to strangers, even in the internet, but the rewards can be great. Here, you may find lots of new friends...

Juan

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,462
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Acid Digestion Lad
Acid Digestion Lad
Bismoll, baby! Yeah!!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star