Roll Call
0 members (), 6 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/12/24 03:46 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/12/24 03:45 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/12/24 03:45 AM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/12/24 03:43 AM
R.I.P. Shelley Duvall
by Ann Hebistand - 07/11/24 01:20 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/11/24 02:06 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Eryk Davis Ester - 07/10/24 04:54 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Brain Drain (Feb. 3) ... SPOILERS
#618634 02/01/07 12:58 AM
Tekwych Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Comics Continuum has stills from the ALL NEW LOSH episode this weekend.

Looks like Superman and Timberwolf get a little head from Brainy

I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure
Re: Brain Drain (Feb. 3) ... SPOILERS
#618635 02/01/07 01:16 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You can see the promo the stills are from here . I actually offered to send Rob the stills this past Saturday but he already had a set he wanted to use today.

#618636 02/03/07 06:57 AM
Substitute
Substitute
"It's an episode that deals with Superman's friendship with Brainiac -- and also the contradictions of that friendship because of their unknown history."
OMFG YES! That is EXACTLY the kind of thing I have been waiting for. If the episode actually gets into that territory and does a good job of it, I may be here on the boards later today geeking out like a total maniac. You have been warned. XD

"Not imbalanced, just creatively calibrated!"

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!
#618637 02/03/07 02:42 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I thought the episode was very entertaining. It just felt like all the characters were in the groove. Very comfortable, which is a good thing.
Crazy Brainy was pretty dang funny, and the fact that the head and body were separated made for more fun.

SPOILER!

Basically, Brainy let Superman know that he won't be able to tell him the details about his life (like the fact that his powers won't work unless he's under a red sun), that he needs to find things out on his own. Imagine what that must feel like, to know someone who knows your future, but won't tell you. That'd surely be a reason to keep one's distance, just because of the aggravation. IMO.

#618638 02/03/07 02:51 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
I liked this episode, but one line really made it for me:

I want my cocoa!

rotflmao

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#618639 02/03/07 03:01 PM
Substitute
Substitute
*SPOILER ALERT*

Timberwolf's, back, YAY! He kicked a lot of ass in this episode, and had a few good lines...

TW: The last time I went through one of these things, I lost my tail.

*Legionnares look shocked*

TW: Kidding...

I was kind of disapointed that since the episode took place on Timberwolf's home planet, I thought we were going to delve into his past a little more, but idiot Brainy TOTALLY made up for it, and his body reaking havoc was just as fun! And Although conveniantly finding a robot suit and using it MIGHT have been a cheap way to destroy the droids and stuff, I still love it whenever Superman uses future weapons, it makes him look all badass!

But I do have a question, if Saturn girl was only dealing with Brainiac5's BODY, than how was she able to create illusions in it's MIND?

Now I have to wait until it gets on youtube....

"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
#618640 02/03/07 03:02 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
I liked this episode, but one line really made it for me:

I want my cocoa!

rotflmao
I took it to be "I want my Koko". Wasn't that the little white monkey obsessed with Brainy a couple of incarnations ago?

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#618641 02/03/07 03:16 PM
Leader
Leader
Yeah, I was thinking Koko, too, which I think makes it funnier. smile

I thought it was a very fun episode. If they'd been smart, they'd have listened to Brainy's nutty clues about the red sun.

So Timber Wolf doesn't have a flight ring? He reminded Superman of his, but kept running instead of flying ahead with him. That didn't make any sense to me.

Other than that, I liked the episode. Brainy must not be all machine since Saturn Girl was able to use her thought-illusion power on his body. And I hope they had the forethought to grab that hunk of Zoonium for the next time Brainy goes through p'onfar, or whatever it was they called it. smile

The Kid's WB Web site has a nonscrunched version of next week's trailer at http://www.kidswb.com/kids/home as well as an extended clip at http://www.kidswb.com/kids/video (LSV=LightSpeed Vanguard??? confused )

**BATMAN SPOILER**

I wound up watching "The Batman" and was a bit bummed the Legion didn't appear in it since half of it took place in 3027. At least it looked like that may have been Interlac on the guy's wrist display, but it was too small to be sure. The Legion would have cooked Freeze's goose.

#618642 02/03/07 03:30 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
So Timber Wolf doesn't have a flight ring? He reminded Superman of his, but kept running instead of flying ahead with him. That didn't make any sense to me.

The Kid's WB Web site has a nonscrunched version of next week's trailer at http://www.kidswb.com/kids/home as well as an extended clip at http://www.kidswb.com/kids/video (LSV=LightSpeed Vanguard???
Yeah, I noticed that too, but there might have been a couple of reasons for that...

1) He didn't bring it because he didn't think he would need it, or..

2) He prefers running instead of flying.

Hey, that reminds me, was anyone else expecting someone to say something like "What is it with you and dangerous planets?" to Timberwolf? I was...

And about the promos...*singing* We're gonna get a big-ass fight scene, LA LA LA LA LA LA!
wink (sorry) shocked

#618643 02/03/07 03:42 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Originally posted by The Man From Cargg:
[b] I liked this episode, but one line really made it for me:

I want my cocoa!

rotflmao
I took it to be "I want my Koko". Wasn't that the little white monkey obsessed with Brainy a couple of incarnations ago? [/b]
It probably was "Koko". I've gotten into the habit of watching TV with the captions turned on and it said "cocoa", but whoever does these captions seems not to know much about Legion lore (it referred to "Kaluans" and "Zune" instead of Coluans and Zuun), so Koko does make more sense.

Either way, it was funny.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#618644 02/03/07 05:23 PM
Applicant
Applicant
I loved this episode!
It was almost like Brainy was channeling my spirit except i'm not dead.

My fav line(s) was

"I don't wanna go! I've decided I don't trust machines!
Especially this one! It doesn't like me! I can tell!"

Did anyone notice Colossal Boy in the preview for next week? (at the very beginning, you have to be quick)
They also mentioned the episode "Child's Play" but they haven't aired it yet!

I will rule the....the...Who are you again? And where am I? Uhhhhhh.... P. SHERMAN 42 WALLABY WAY SYDNEY!!!!!!
#618645 02/03/07 06:33 PM
K
Substitute
Substitute
K
The LSV (Light Speed Vanguard, not Legion of Super-Villains) appears next week. In addition to Colossal Boy, it also looks like Triplicate Girl is back too. And with the shots of the LSV, it appears that Ronn-Karr is a shapeshifter, not merely Flat Stanley.

I wasn't sure if it was "Koko" or "Cocoa" either. I thought of Cocoa first, then thought, "wait a second, did they reall mean Koko? No, they wouldn't... would they?"

#618646 02/03/07 07:11 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Mekt is using the name Lightning Lord though. At least according to the file I extracted from the KidsWB site for the extended promo.

#618647 02/03/07 07:20 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Other than that, I liked the episode. Brainy must not be all machine since Saturn Girl was able to use her thought-illusion power on his body.
Well, in her very first appearance (comic book-wise. when she only had the power of thought-casting) Saturn Girl was able to control a robotic mind. Give that Brainy's body was continuing to operate (and in the crazy manner) it would appear that there was some mind/intelligence which Saturn Girl could affect.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#618648 02/03/07 08:14 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by The Man From Cargg:
[b]
[b] I liked this episode, but one line really made it for me:

I want my cocoa!

rotflmao
I took it to be "I want my Koko". Wasn't that the little white monkey obsessed with Brainy a couple of incarnations ago? [/b]
It probably was "Koko". I've gotten into the habit of watching TV with the captions turned on and it said "cocoa", but whoever does these captions seems not to know much about Legion lore (it referred to "Kaluans" and "Zune" instead of Coluans and Zuun), so Koko does make more sense.

Either way, it was funny. [/b]
the captions are NOT always 100 percent accurate as many people thought that it was. I have repeatedly pointed out that there are many mistakes/errors on captioning....the captions are more like hmmm 88 percent right but not 12 percent right.

back to the topics - I liked the episode - the tone was light and simple. This is the first time we have seen B5 being comical and Lightning Lad/Saturn Girl dynamic was great with a little hint of romantic between them. "How Zuun" - Ha! No one thought of that line.

#618649 02/03/07 08:34 PM
Devil's Advocate
Devil's Advocate
Originally posted by Michael Grabois:
The LSV (Light Speed Vanguard, not Legion of Super-Villains) appears next week. In addition to Colossal Boy, it also looks like Triplicate Girl is back too. And with the shots of the LSV, it appears that Ronn-Karr is a shapeshifter, not merely Flat Stanley.

I also noticed Tyr and Orion the Hunter. Looks like it will be kewl!

Watching television is not an activity.
#618650 02/03/07 08:38 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Watched it again (love TiVo).

Why are those mutated Zuunians allowed to just roam around and attack anyone that comes through?
Is Zuun part of the UP? If so, why no SPs? IF not, why can anyone transport in? One little rock of Zuunium? Is that it? Maybe there's more, just not dug up yet.

Totally wish it was the Kwai that controlled the transportation doorways! Maybe even Shikari in charge? Why not?

Totally looking forward to next week! Gim! The fem villains looked unfamiliar, but the one in white seems to be Esper Lass. Don't recognize the one in navy.

#618651 02/03/07 08:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Here is the Legion World copy of the Lightning Storm promo. Gary, I'm working on getting the preview clip too.

#618652 02/03/07 09:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanks Scott. I was working on that myself. (Will stop now. smile )

#618653 02/03/07 09:11 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sorry about that Gary. I got the .flv files from WB to use at The Clubhouse. Took a little longer to convert them to .wmv for use here. I've started a separate thread for Lightning Storm too. I'll just link the clip there.

#618654 02/03/07 09:30 PM
Substitute
Substitute
There is more Zuunium. Timberwolf said that because Superman lost his powers, they couldn't go to the Zuunium vault and had to go to the last active mine. I assume the vault must be heavily fortified. So maybe there is not much zuunium left on the planet, only what is locked away in the vault and the little left in the mine.

Maybe that's why the mutants are allowed to wander freely. It seemed like the planet is pretty much abandoned except for the mutants and the robots. The vault may be close to the gate so anyone who comes to collect the zuunium can get it without having to face the mutants. But with Superman powerless, that wasn't an option.

As for the episode, Timberwolf totally kicked ass and it would have been nice to spend a little more time on him (especially after not having him in several episodes). I liked the Brainy/Superman interplay, but I couldn't help wondering why Brainy only thanked Superman and not Timberwolf who twice sacrificed himself so that Superman and Brainy could get to the Zuunium. First, with the miners, and then again with the robots.

#618655 02/03/07 10:01 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by reckless:

As for the episode, Timberwolf totally kicked ass and it would have been nice to spend a little more time on him (especially after not having him in several episodes). I liked the Brainy/Superman interplay, but I couldn't help wondering why Brainy only thanked Superman and not Timberwolf who twice sacrificed himself so that Superman and Brainy could get to the Zuunium. First, with the miners, and then again with the robots.
Crap, Timberwolf is my favorite character, so why didn't I notice that Brainy didn't thank him? COME ON, BRAINY, GIVE TIMBERWOLF SOME DAMN CREDIT!! But of course, Brainy probably doesn't remember much about the whole time he was on Zuun anyway, considering he was delusional the entire time, so I'll let it slide....for now.

#618656 02/03/07 11:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Still working out some details...but here 's the page with the latest animated Legion goodies.

#618657 02/03/07 11:25 PM
Tekwych Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
My favorite line was LL when B5 said he might go a little nuts.
"That sounds entertaining"

I also liked some of B5's 'random' rants such as telling SuperBOY to stay away from shiny green rocks, and the red and gold and white...

It was said that the only way to get to Zunn in a reasonable amount of time was the portal and it was unstable and little used. I took this to mean that Zunn has been left behind by the UP, hence the broken equipment and suits on Zunn and the cause for the mutants.

I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure
#618658 02/04/07 12:34 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanks go to Lightning Lad for helping finish of the cartoon clips page!

Thanks Scott!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,031
Posts1,046,885
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires