Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 49 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
UFO (1970)
by profh0011 - 09/27/24 03:17 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Boy Kid Lad - 09/27/24 01:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/27/24 01:54 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 09/26/24 07:49 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 09/26/24 07:45 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 09/26/24 06:54 PM
Rejected Ideas for Inane MMB Threads...
by rickshaw1 - 09/26/24 05:41 PM
Why love the legion?
by Boy Kid Lad - 09/26/24 03:47 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Legion #33 ... SPOILERS
#8892 02/16/04 05:17 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
If you know your way around the DC pages you can find the solicitations for May already loaded and ready for reading. Here's what they say about The Legion #33:

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Written by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning; art by Chris Batista and Chip Wallace; cover by Batista and Lanning

Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning wrap up their critically acclaimed 5-year run on THE LEGION as Livewire finds himself in a fight for his life and the life of every Legionnaire against the deadly aliens from LEGION LOST: the Credo!

And the cover? AWESOME!! Heres a link .

Re: The Legion #33 ... SPOILERS
#8893 02/16/04 05:21 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
The cover does look pretty cool, but "Jarth" looks so wrong standing next to Rokk and Imra.

And the solicitation itself is pretty uninformative.

#8894 02/16/04 05:31 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I admit that Rokk and Imra have no right standing next to each other like that but from what I can see of the look on Garth's, or 'Jarth's', face he isn't going to stand for it for long.

And I do believe we had already heard almost the exact blurb in one of DnA's recent interviews. Maybe they are trying to pull a Marvel by not actually revealing anything so they can change it at a moment's notice.

#8895 02/16/04 05:36 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
What I meant was that it should be Garth, as Garth, standing in the founding trio.

No matter how many times were told it's really him in Jan's body, I just have problems with buying that particular image as Live Wire.

#8896 02/16/04 05:43 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I just feel that we aren't going to get to see Garth as Garth yet. Even after this issue.

#8897 02/16/04 06:03 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Do I see Andromeda in the back? And could that redhead be Kinetix...de-terraformed?

What a gorgeous cover!

Juan

#8898 02/16/04 06:09 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Yay! I think that is indeed Andy, pre-oddness. wink

But can't agree on the Kinetix front, dammit. Looks like the poor girl is still in terror-form, from what I can make out. frown

Lovely Cover though...

Wayne@OZ
#8899 02/16/04 06:13 PM
Leader
Leader
That certainly does look like Andromeda, but Zoe still looks terraformed to me.

#8900 02/16/04 06:14 PM
Leader
Leader
And Jarth looks more like Garth in this pics, just al silver-headed and in Jan's costume. If this cover is an indication, I suspect that Garth will slowly become able to alter his features back to his own.

#8901 02/16/04 06:23 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
WOW! That is an excellent cover! My God I *LOVE* Batista and Wallace! Why Why Why are we losing them?

It feels like they've only just got here and haven't had the chance to make their mark on Legion history yet. I'm sure that if they were to stay on longer one day we would be talking about them in the same reverential tones that we use for classic Legion artists like Cockrum, Grell and Lightle.

I soooooooo don't want them to go!

Now onto the cover itself -

M'Onel : is in his classic costume!!! Wow! Cool! I really like a lot of the updated costumes but his was always just too busy for me. The original seems somehow iconic. Very happy to see it return.

Shrinking Violet : is actually shrinking in a group shot for once instead of using Gim's stolen growth powers to get in everyone's way! YAHOO!

Andromeda : is back! And doesn't seem to be that electrical dwarf thing she was the last time we saw her either. Fantastic! Love her! And the orange loin-cloth outfit she's wearing in the pic is definitely my favourite of hers!

XS & Timber Wolf : could have been coloured a little darker for my tastes to reflect their differing races to that of the other Legionniares but that's only a minor quibble.

Kinetix : well it looks like we've still got big, ugly, orange, zombie Kinetix on the team. YUCK! What on earth were DnA thinking with this? The zombie-thing has already been done once with Kinetix and guess what - we all hated it then too! Its nonsensical poorly-planned subplots like this and Cub and Jarth that make me think DnA were fired 2 years too late.

and finally...

Jarth : words cannot express how much I hate 'Jarth'! Of all the bad developments of the reboot (and lord knows there have been a lot of them - <shudder> PMS!) this is the second worst! (Well you didn't think I'd give it top billing with Gim still dead did you?) I was so hoping Garth wouldn't come back and therefore undo his fantastic send-off in Legion Lost, but I was fairly resigned to the inevitability of the fact. But to bring him back *as* Jan is just so... UGH! It was worse than anything I had feared. He is so horrible to look at and even worse to think about - one Legionnaire killed another... and is now using his body! Thanks DnA!

I read in an interview that DnA had no long-term plans for the character and just thought it would be 'a cool idea'!?! Wow, that sounds like a familiar pattern - just throw a stupid storyline out there without any clue as to what to do with it, let it hang for a few years and hopefully an idea might come to you one day about what to do with it - Cub, Kinetix, Computo...

*So* glad those guys are going! Which, along with the great cover art, is why I cannot wait for this issue!

#8902 02/16/04 06:24 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Where is Gates? Dead, or retired to a bug colony in the Second Galaxy?

So Andy's back ...yawn...and Zoe remains terrorformed. Too bad for her. At least Garth's changed his hairstyle. It's a start.

I've been waiting for a Batista cover for soooo long, and this is truly a beauty.

#8903 02/16/04 06:31 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Tromium Crystal:
Where is Gates? Dead, or retired to a bug colony in the Second Galaxy?

So Andy's back ...yawn...and Zoe remains terrorformed. Too bad for her. At least Garth's changed his hairstyle. It's a start.

I've been waiting for a Batista cover for soooo long, and this is truly a beauty.
No, Gates is there (his head is between Cos and Saturn Girl, I also had to look for him). And yes, I think you guys are right, Kinetix is still terraformed. Unfortunately.

But I am extatic with Andromeda's return! It's about time!!!

#8904 02/16/04 06:40 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Andromeda -- SWEET! And in that orange costume I like so much! laugh

As for Terrorform Zoe, she looks a bit like a naked, tanned Shvaughn Erin...

#8905 02/16/04 07:33 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
You know... there are 28 Legionnaires on this cover...

I wonder if the "classic" Mon-El costume is any indication that he will revealing himself as Valor?

#8906 02/16/04 08:56 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Or that they just forgot what his costume's supposed to look like.

I like how they've put Jarth in such a Gath-like pose. No chance of mistaking him for Jan.
Vi's shrunk! laugh
Looks lie Andi's kicked the habit. Or, again, maybe they just forgot. (I'm trying not to get my hopes up.)
I thought Brin was dark because he had fur (kind of like Nightcrawler), guess the artists have other plans.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#8907 02/16/04 09:44 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Damn! Scott discovered my secret!

And I agree with Eryk. The Jarth crap should be fixed by now. Yuck! I hope the new creative get Jan and Garth and Zoe the respect they deserve.

#8908 02/16/04 09:53 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Some comments:

1) Nice cover art!
2) Apparently, Garth will be called Live Wire once more, so why is he still wearing Jan's uniform? This smacks of some sort of split-personality identity crisis issue for him. If I was a fellow Legionnaire, I'd be wary of Garth too.
3) I like 28 Legionnaires on the roster! Let's add more! I'm surprised (and unenthusiastic) that Andromeda made the cover but Chuck didn't? Chuck has been much more important to the team these last three years than Sister Bigot has.
4) I'd like to see Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy adopt shrinking abilities so they for once could be less prominent on a group cover. Gear and Gates and XS look like after-thoughts.

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#8909 02/17/04 12:38 AM
Leader
Leader
It looks like a lotta juicy tidbits are coming in the next couple of months, I'm excited! BTW, its Lyle wearing some kinda head gear besides his head band? I kinda like Valor's other costume better...

#8910 02/17/04 02:56 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Lyle's headband looks like a scarf tied around his head now - maybe he's going pirate.

That is a beautiful cover. I wonder how Andromeda will be returning? Thank heavens (so to speak) she's lost the nun costume - hopefully the mentality is gone as well and she returns a more balanced and mature person.

I'd like to see Zoe back to normal too - but leaving her as is reminds us that being a superhero doesn't always mean a happy ending. If she is going to stay Zombie Zoe, I wish they'd explore the effect this has on her friends - do something with it.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#8911 02/17/04 03:17 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
For the Valor suit, it's a simple "Oh my Ghod..."

There is no WAY DnA can deal with that as it needs to be dealt with in the time they've got, if they wanted him back in it. You can't do that as a simple costume change - you have to have Lar admitting to being Valor publically if you're going to put him in it. Plus I prefer the M'Onel suit anyway.

On Laurel G - didn't DnA say they only had "Half-formed" plans to bring her back? Plus, given how completely crapped over she's been since LSH 81, she's a huge repair job if you want to do anything with her (unless they pulled a "Sister Andromeda was a clone/duplicate/imposter all along" trick. Which would still leave a "what happened to the real Andromeda in all that time" question out there, although given how Sister A bore no resemblence, initially in personality and latterly physically to the early reboot Laurel, it would have more chance of sucess than some similar retcons.). I suspect a "cover only" app, alas.

That's still Terrorform Kinetix there.

"Jarth"'s cut his hair I see there. Why no costume change then? Him wearing Jan's suit, when he's already feeling persecuted over "his" face still makes no sense...

Sheesh. Didn't realise I needed to vent smile

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#8912 02/17/04 07:43 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Gotta agree on the Jarth costume. It's just creepy...

I'm glad to see Andromeda back.

Glad to see Vi small.

I'm looking at all the Legionnaires on the cover, and realizing how little SO many of them have been used. Please, let the next writer be able to handle multiple plot lines and finish them out!

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#8913 02/17/04 07:51 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I LOVE the art! love

Jarth's facial expression SO has Garth written all over it!

Glad to see a small Vi too!

I still hate terrorform Zoe. Nothing interesting has been done with her in that form, so just change her back already!

I agree that Chuck should have been represented on the cover, even though he's only an honorary member. He's like one of the team already.

Nice to see Andromeda back too; I wonder if the next team will rekindle a Brainy-Andy romance?

I wonder how they'll squeeze in M'On revealing his Valor identity to the public, assuming they push through with it? They only have two issues in which to do that AND wrap up the Credo storyline, plus have Andromeda return. This shoud be interesting.

#8914 02/17/04 09:22 AM
Leader
Leader
I'm glad M'Onel's old costume is back. I thought his other one was way too gaudy for someone who DIDN'T want to be treated as a god.

Get rid of Kinetix already. They've tried everything in the book on this character and she still doesn't work. And to include a spaced out zombie on dangerous Legion missions is just ridiculous and irresponsible. If Superboy and Kid Q had to be cut from the latest mission because their powers/attitudes made them a liability then how can they justify keeping Zombie Lass on the team?

Why are they calling Garth Live Wire if he no longer has electrical powers? I know they can't call him Element Lad either, but they need to come up with a new codename if he's going to keep Jan's powers.

I agree that many of our cast has been neglected for some time: XS, Gear, Gates, Chameleon, M'Onel, Kinetix, Karate Kid, Star Boy, etc. etc.

I hope the next creative team realizes there's more to this team than Kid Q, Cos, Imra, and Brainy.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#8915 02/17/04 09:43 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
I'm glad M'Onel's old costume is back. I thought his other one was way too gaudy for someone who DIDN'T want to be treated as a god.
Why? The non-gaudy costume was the one that'd get him treated as a god.

If Superboy and Kid Q had to be cut from the latest mission because their powers/attitudes made them a liability then how can they justify keeping Zombie Lass on the team?
KQ2 cut herself, and Cos cut Kon because he IS. And remember, the Kwai Galaxy mission was meant to be a milk run.

Why are they calling Garth Live Wire if he no longer has electrical powers? I know they can't call him Element Lad either, but they need to come up with a new codename if he's going to keep Jan's powers.
He DOES have his own powers too, as the SF confirmed.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#8916 02/17/04 09:44 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
Gotta agree on the Jarth costume. It's just creepy...
Forget the costume! What about the soul patch on his chin? eek That's just plain scary!

Why are they calling Garth Live Wire if he no longer has electrical powers?
Actually thew 3003 Legion Secret Files say that he does stil have the lightning casting abilities.

I know they can't call him Element Lad either, but they need to come up with a new codename if he's going to keep Jan's powers.
Alchemy Lad? Elemental? Crystal Kid?

I agree that many of our cast has been neglected for some time.
I agree with you here. One of the reasons I really liked Legion Worlds was that give gave a bit of focus on all those Legionarries who were not Kid Q, Saturn Girl, Brainiac or Cosmic Boy.

"And afros for EVERYONE!"

-Gail Simone
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,055
Posts1,048,826
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
minesurfer
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Calybos
Calybos
Norcross, GA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star