Roll Call
0 members (), 22 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/27/24 01:54 AM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Gaseous Lad - 09/26/24 07:49 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 09/26/24 07:49 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 09/26/24 07:45 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 09/26/24 06:54 PM
Rejected Ideas for Inane MMB Threads...
by rickshaw1 - 09/26/24 05:41 PM
Why love the legion?
by Boy Kid Lad - 09/26/24 03:47 PM
UFO (1970)
by profh0011 - 09/26/24 03:19 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: So... which Legion villain would YOU put on the team...
#603225 01/09/11 09:54 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Quanto
Ditto on Quanto. I've never been so intrigued with a single-appearance character as I was with this fellow. I'd like to see him in possession of some type of extra-dimensional intelligence that in some ways exceeds what even Brainy is capable of conceiving. That would just burn Querl up.

hmmm

#603226 01/09/11 10:11 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
I was just rereading the Legion of Super-Rejects story today and was amused by the ending. Tenzil leaves the Legion but encourages them to reconsider Calorie Queen as his replacement. Of course nothing ever came of it.

Which is why she should totally take the once more departed Matter-Eater Lad's place on the Legion. Clearly.

#603227 01/09/11 10:16 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Tenz also recommended Renkil fill in for him for awhile as well!

#603228 01/10/11 12:47 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Set:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
And Starlight 7 Starbright, without Starfinger.
Ooh, I was thinking of them as well, although the pair of them are basic flying energy blasters (and possibly sentient energy-constructs?), and the team has a fair number of those already.

Something else else to make them more unique would make them more compelling, IMO. (Not necessarily my idea of making them genies / ifrit.)
How about them becoming sentient energy constructs, like the Doctor from Voyager?
That might be interesting.

Like themselves, they could form solid artifacts and beings out of their light/energy and animate them for a length of time before the constructs turn holographic and then, disolve in flashes.

Light uses positively charged energy/light and Bright uses negatively charged energy/light.
If the opposites come together, there is a cancelation blast of one degree or another, depending on the size and complexity of the constructs.

Like Quantum Queen, they can travel as light and at the speed of light in real time.

Wildfire could be their mentor and love interest.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#603229 01/10/11 12:50 AM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Eryk Davis Ester wrote:
Tenz also recommended Renkil fill in for him for awhile as well!
. . . which shows Tenz's lack of judgment. After all, his brother tried to frame him for having traitorous thoughts. It's all well and good for Tenz to forgive his brother, but to recommend him for Legion membership, temporary or otherwise, is another matter.

The Calorie Queen recommendation was slightly more defensible. At least she had Tenz's power with a twist (the calories she took in gave her enhanced strength). But perhaps the Legion couldn't overlook the childish tantrum that she and the other rejects threw by challenging Legionnaires for their places on the team.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#603230 01/12/11 12:51 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
A second vote for Ben Pares here. I'd like to see the Legion deal with fewer universe-shattering incidents and focus on some good old cops and robbers, heists or con jobs. Ben would be the perfect one to outcon the cons - and he'd charm everyone in the Legion, unlike the abrasive Earth Man.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#603231 01/12/11 12:54 PM
Leader
Leader
Did Ben Pares have any powers? I can't remember.

I agree about having more low-key villains and less universe-shattering crises.

Would also like to see some mystery/supernatural type stories.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#603232 01/12/11 09:05 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Add my vote to the Quanto lobby. Lots of potential to develop his power set plus a strong sense that he was not an evil character. Much more palatable than the current insurgent. If his superiors had hit a different button he could easily have been sent to the Legion in the first place. And what could be cooler than a member from another Universe?

Whaddya mean I'm out of continuity?
#603233 01/12/11 09:12 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Did Ben Pares have any powers? I can't remember.

He was a gadget user, as I recall. We definitely need a "greatest thief" contest between him and Magpie!

#603234 01/12/11 09:14 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Sean Retconnery:
And what could be cooler than a member from another Universe?
Like Phantom Girl, Quislet, Gates, or XS? wink

#603235 01/12/11 10:01 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Absolutely! The more universes the merrier say I smile What could be fun is if the laws of physics were different in Quanto's universe (which would be all but certain) and the speed of light not the same. Opens the door to time travel and all sorts of other fun stuff.

Whaddya mean I'm out of continuity?
#603236 01/12/11 11:56 PM
Active
Active
Spider Girl and Emerald Empress (Sarya).

From UK with glamour.
#603237 01/13/11 03:00 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!

I agree about having more low-key villains and less universe-shattering crises.

Would also like to see some mystery/supernatural type stories.
Agreed!
Maybe some mystery writer could team with Levitz for an interesting ES story arc.

Quanto would have to come with Mystelor, since he said that she was his mission in this universe, I think.
We're going to see him (and her) soon, aren't we?

I would also like to vote for Cera Kesh.
She's very young yet and in this universe we haven't seen her.
Maybe she could show up at the Academy with the 'other' Eye, perhaps a good one to conter the evil Eye that the Empress has?

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#603238 01/13/11 04:39 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by EmeraldEmpress:
Spider Girl and Emerald Empress (Sarya).
I vote for Spider Girl but the Emerald Empress has to stay a villain. Plus if she joined I'd have get a new favorite Villain.

Eryk Davis Ester #790576 10/14/13 01:52 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Mystelor

Attracted to the danger and thrills of the Taurus gang, only to quickly realise that she had got in over her head.

Quanto was only really interested in her when she was being impersonated by Dream Girl. She gets sick of his constant complaints and joins the legion to more true to herself.

Telepathy and TK make her a solid Saturn Girl/ Tellus combo, with a distinct personality.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Power Boy #790577 10/14/13 03:12 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Power Boy
Mekt. struggling with his mental illness.

or Validus. the rescued Ranzz toddler that needs some training.

I still like these ideas. laugh

Eryk Davis Ester #790584 10/14/13 07:31 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
In my head-canon, Quanto was captured and brainwashed by the Dark Man, and is now known as Lazon (who pretty much has the same powers, appearance and even outfit). Having him get deprogrammed could let us have Quanto as a Legionnaire.

(Perhaps Mystelor was also bagged by the Dark Man, who couldn't as easily reprogram her, and threw her into stasis-storage until he could get around to that, and she lies, forgotten, somewhere in the lab where he created / brainwashed the other members of the League of Super-Assassins. Or maybe he did succeed, and the LSV member Esper Lass is actually Mystelor, and doesn't know it! Wouldn't that be just like the Dark Man, to not only create his own team of brainwashed assassins, but to also plant a spy in the Legion of Super-Villains, to keep tabs on the competition!)

Anywho, my list now includes Quanto or Lazon (or both, as above), Spider-Girl and Ron-Karr (preferably with upgraded powers allowing him to cut through things in his 2D state). Add Mystelor and one or two others, and it goes from 'who could join the Legion' to '31st century Secret Six / Suicide Squad team of former villains!' A (mostly) reformed (or, at least, stable) Mekt would make a fine leader for such a team of 'redeemed villains.'

Ooh, add Lady Memory to that list. Earth, Winath, Braal, Krypton and (counting other continuities) Daxam have all had multiple Legionnaires representing them, why not Talokk VIII as well! Lady Memory on the same team with Mon-El and Shadow Lass could make for some fun drama, as she would be able to help him deal with his thousand years of repressed memories, and perhaps even to discover some memories that had been deliberately hidden (such as times he had been out of the zone for brief adventures, such as replacing Superman for a time), and the relationship soap opera that might result as Shady takes a dim view of her rival digging around in his brain...

I'd also nominate the old version of Radiation Roy, an idealistic starry-eyed teen who spent his family fortune giving himself the power to paralyze villains (the same 'paralyzing radiation' used by Modulus?), so that he could join the Legion and be a super-hero, instead of the toxic-radioactive deformed creep Johns turned him into.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Eryk Davis Ester #790628 10/15/13 12:47 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Is having a head-cannon enough to apply for Legion membership? oh, "canon"...

I can't see Mon-El wanting to be anywhere near Lady Memory after what happened last time (preboot).

I can only see a death issue for Radiation Roy as we've seen him in the new Legion-verse. He can either go out a hero, or bitter or in a sulk because he's been rejected by everyone. But there's a small mushroom cloud in there.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
thoth lad #790660 10/15/13 06:52 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by thothkins
Is having a head-cannon enough to apply for Legion membership? oh, "canon"...

Sadly no, it counts as 'powers come from a device.' Also, the recoil causes wicked whiplash (to say nothing of the tinnitus resulting from shooting the 1812 overture from your cranium). I have no idea how Cyclops manages to generate force blasts from his eyes without mushing them into jelly and blowing out the back of his skull...

Having a swarm of flying cybernetic sharks with frikkin' laser beams on their frikkin' heads similarly doesn't count. Le sigh.

Topic?

Oh yeah, a reprogrammed Computo could be interesting. Or, given the parallels between Brainy and Hank Pym / Computo and Ultron, perhaps a creation of Computo, intended to destroy the team or infiltrate them or whatever, in the vein of the Vision, Jocasta or Victor Mancha/Victorious.

Ooh. Danielle Foccart as unwitting Manchurian candidate / Trojan horse...

Brainy could also go full on Pym, and start manufacturing heroes (or just up-teching SP allies), who, being device-based, might not be suitable for Legion membership, but could form their own team (or special SP sub-unit), creating DC parallels for the Wasp, Giant-Man, Goliath, Black Goliath, Ant-Men 2 and 3, Yellowjacket 2, Stature, Atlas, etc. (Obviously without the size-changing / bug control schtick, and more along Brainy's specialities in machine control, heightened intellect and force field generation.)

Eryk Davis Ester #790712 10/16/13 07:34 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I'd pick Lazon over Quanto, though after a certain point Lazon went past the threshold for redemption. But Quanto's too "New God"like for my taste.

(Although, given how Mr. Miracle, Big Barda, Orion and Lightray were all members of the Justice League once upon a time, I may have to reconsider...)

Eryk Davis Ester #790741 10/16/13 01:07 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
I thought Lazon was dead in Legion of 3 worlds. There's a bit where Rond Vidar's power ring enables lethal force.

He then refracts Lazon, with the intimation that he's just killed him. But he makes an appearance later on.

Another bout of insanity from Brainy "I shall heal the UP by seeding more worlds!" colonists are then subjected to a number of horrific accidents in order to kick start the powers that will help them survive on their new planets. Niles Caulder on a galactic scale.

Shame about the Head Cannon - I was thinking of them as being natural, sort of like a planet of Chairface Chippendale.

Had Legionnaires lasted I would have expected Danielle Foccart to be taken over by Computo. The others would have to keep a very close eye on her after that.

thoth lad #790781 10/16/13 05:06 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by thothkins
I thought Lazon was dead in Legion of 3 worlds. There's a bit where Rond Vidar's power ring enables lethal force.

He then refracts Lazon, with the intimation that he's just killed him. But he makes an appearance later on.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. The text about 'lethal countermeasures engaged' does happen pretty much at the same time he's reflecting the attack by Lazon, so it's *possible* that it's meant that the ring is just now turning on the lethal countermeasures, a second *after* Lazon is being repelled, but that's not the way the scene seemed to be intended.

If so, Johns forgot (or didn't communicate this to Perez, who drew him in later, or Perez forgot).

Or maybe Lazon is harder to kill than that, in energy form, and was able to pull his refracted self back together. (Fanwank, I'll take my No-Prize now!)

Along with strangeness like Karate Kid being alive again, Brin and Ayla being a couple again, Luornu having a duplicate self again (which got eated by rats), Wildfire being made out of Red Tornado, Sensor having two hearts, Garth being an out of control hothead, Brek being a bright-eyed excitable chihuahua dudebro (instead of the bitter disillusioned ex-leader he'd become), Radiation Roy's change in powers from 'paralyze people with harmless radiations' to 'deformed walking nuclear reactor,' etc, etc. I'd just chalk the Lazon 'death-scene' up to the bewildering plethora of things that didn't make a ton of sense between the Lightning Saga and Legion of Three Worlds.

Eryk Davis Ester #790876 10/17/13 01:42 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Considering the crowd scenes of villains just there to make up the numbers I can imagine they just forgot. Nothing wrong with your reasoning. Especially considering how easily everyone else bounced back form a beating throughout that series.

I think I'm a bit fuzzy around all of the Lightning Saga stuff. I get the feeling I wasn't reading all the parts to that.

Eryk Davis Ester #790951 10/18/13 03:32 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
They could just explain it away by saying, "Oh when Stupidboy Prime punched his older Time Trapper self he altered reality". Bah!

Eryk Davis Ester #790977 10/18/13 12:21 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Oh well, that makes perfect sense smile

Infinite Crisis..... what a mess.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,055
Posts1,048,824
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke