Roll Call
0 members (), 13 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Gaseous Lad - 09/29/24 10:02 AM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Gaseous Lad - 09/29/24 09:56 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/29/24 12:37 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/29/24 12:36 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/28/24 11:42 PM
Why love the legion?
by stile86 - 09/28/24 10:39 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by stile86 - 09/28/24 09:58 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 70 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537706 08/25/04 03:47 PM
Active
Active
Doc Nimbus level 12 science defender empathy/dark[Healing Aura, Heal Other, Resurrect, Clear Mind, Dark Blast, Moonbeam, Hurdle, Recall Friend]

I may be late tonight, i completely spaced that tonight is open house at my son's new school, i'll be on as soon as i can.

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
#537707 08/25/04 03:56 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Great DM, we'll be looking for you!

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537708 08/25/04 04:52 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Seymour,

Have you heard that we shoudln't train after
we reach a new level in the TF? In all the TFs
I've been where someone has leveled, they went
ahead and trained when the opportunity arose.
I've never been on a TF, so I don't know firsthand. My hubby says once you've reached the top parameter of the TF, you'll get kicked off if you train above it. I was talking specifically to Vee there, who's 15, the top level of the Positron TF. According to Mike, if he trains to 16, he'll be kicked off. But you can train to reach 15.

If you know differently, I bow to your experience.

#537709 08/25/04 05:12 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ahhh, that makes sense..

#537710 08/25/04 10:34 PM
Deputy
Deputy
The Peanuts of Paragon now have their own
Supergroup.

Now I just need to induct everyone ... 8-)

*yawns*

#537711 08/26/04 05:14 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Oh one more thing ...

I did pay attention when I got Charlie Brown
leveled, and it said "You are now fighting at
level 10 go seek a trainer" ... so it didn't
say I was AT level 10 ... just that I was
fighting there. And my 10 level enhancements
were no longer green ...

So I guess that doesn't really tell us what
happens if you train during a TF yet ...

I had also taken the first three secondary
powers for Charlie Brown but only two of the
primary, and I'm trying to remember if I had
the fourth secondary show up for him when I
hit 10 or not. I do know that this time I had
three choices for primary power this time, and
no more than one secondary if that ...

Vee, have you hit a limit on what power choices
are available for Mysa on the secondary path
yet? You have only taken the first three
empathy powers, haven't you?

#537712 08/26/04 05:56 AM
Active
Active
smile I just want to say hello to everyone who plays City of Heroes. Last night I got a chance to say it to some of you, but here I want to say it to all of you.... Running those streets as heroes together is the most fun we can have together without being face to face. Hopefully some day we can ALL meet and be together, but until that day comes, what a great alternative! You are all so much fun to be around, and I appreciate your friendship very much. Thank you!!! Big hugs!!

And let's see some others take the plunge, if you can, and join us. It would be awesome to run two teams of 8 around together and really rule the streets! And soon we get our own Legion Headquarters and everything...... *thinking back to Barbie's Dreamhouse days....* laugh hug

#537713 08/26/04 06:18 AM
Active
Active
I really enjoyed playing with you all last night! It was soooo cool seeing Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Brainy and Phantom girl fight crime together...!

I looooove this game!

#537714 08/26/04 07:23 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It was great fun! Even for me who has started to not like the game as much. I just get too busy at work and don't want to look at a computer when I get home.

But I got Garth leveled and Lightning Ranzz is less than 150 from 7th so he almost got a full level in that short time last night.

BTW, I'll be posting a poll in a bit about what power Garth should take now that he's at 14. I would really appreciate it if all of the CoH players would vote. I'll post a link here once I've gotten it done.

#537715 08/26/04 07:31 AM
Leader
Leader
We missed you on Virtue, DM, but I'm glad you were able to catch up with the others. I look forward to playing with you. I hope the conference went well.

Blue, there IS a distinct difference between training and levelling. Like you said, you fight AT level 10, but you're still level 9 until you train. When you're 11 and level up to 12, you can't use the 15 DO enhancements until you train to 12. And if you didn't train to 10 but kept going, you would have levelled to 11 and it would have stacked until you trained.

How this affects a TF, I think Paladin was saying last night that there's no penalty for levelling -- that would be really rude to have and 11-15 TF if they kicked you off when you levelled to 16, but I wouldn't risk training to 16. Everybody else (Scott, Caroline, etc.), go ahead and keep training until you hit 15.

#537716 08/26/04 08:42 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I went ahead and asked these questions of the CoH Forum and got one reply so far. See below:

Re: TF's need to be changed [new] [Re: Varalent]
#1192312 - 08/26/04 11:32 AM

Quote:
Thanks very much for all the info & ideas you guys have provided on this thread. I'm planning to participate in my first TF with a group of friends this weekend and was looking for info on what to expect. It sounds to me like we've gotten some bad information along the way and may be planning this all wrong.

We had understood that the group had to complete the TF in one sitting and that individual members could not log out or you would get kicked off the TF team and would not be able to rejoin. (This is a particular concern because our lvl 15 tanker has terrible connection problems and has to reconnect multiple times when we get together normally.) Is this incorrect?

Also we were told that, while we would probably attaind level 16 or maybe even 17 during the TF (most of us are lvl 14 or 15), we can not train up during the TF because we would get automatically kicked off of the team. The explanation is that by training up you would exceed the maximum level for the Positron TF which is 15 to get in.

We were also told that we would be unable to purchase any enhancements or inspirations during a TF.

Are any of these true?

Thanks for your help & information in advance!

Everything they told you is false. Somebody really doesn't like you.

--------------------
Mr. Lithuania--Fighting the criminals of today with the weapons of yesterday in the City of Tomorrow.

#537717 08/26/04 08:56 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
2nd reply....

Wow, you were told some pretty wrong things. Amazing how some folks will spout off information without checking. Good thing you came here.

Quote:
We had understood that the group had to complete the TF in one sitting and that individual members could not log out or you would get kicked off the TF team and would not be able to rejoin. (This is a particular concern because our lvl 15 tanker has terrible connection problems and has to reconnect multiple times when we get together normally.) Is this incorrect?

I know this to be incorrect. The server hiccuped on us. We all came back in just fine.

I didn't know that you could space it over several sessions, though. Very cool!

Quote:
Also we were told that, while we would probably attaind level 16 or maybe even 17 during the TF (most of us are lvl 14 or 15), we can not train up during the TF because we would get automatically kicked off of the team. The explanation is that by training up you would exceed the maximum level for the Positron TF which is 15 to get in.

Also verified to be false here. We had two level 16 characters for Positron. One of them leveled. He ran off to level, and we now had a level 17 scrapper.

So, ideally, you may want to find some Level 16 people who are close to leveling. Heh.

Quote:
We were also told that we would be unable to purchase any enhancements or inspirations during a TF.

I can verify this is right, second-hand. Our leader went to buy inspirations. I warned him of the bug I heard about where we cannot buy inspirations on TFs. He said that yep, he couldn't buy inspirations. Not sure about enhancements, though.

I read that this is a known bug, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

I had my first TF last night. It was frustrating at first because of poor teamplay, but it was pruned down to just two blasters who learned to work together, and it was a blast! It took us 7 hours, but part of that was because of poor teamwork in the beginning. While the two blasters handled the rest of the TF pretty well, it'd have been nice to have a Defender or Controller there.

Kevin

#537718 08/26/04 09:10 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And a follow up from the first guy...

I was wrong about the inspirations, but you most certainly can buy enhancements at the stores. One note about starting with a bunch of 16s, however. The Leader of the Task Force has to start at 15 or below. The rest of the team can be level 16 and play. You should gain not quite a level at 15 doing the TF with four people.

--------------------
Mr. Lithuania--Fighting the criminals of today with the weapons of yesterday in the City of Tomorrow

#537719 08/26/04 09:16 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by DMFirebow:
I really enjoyed playing with you all last night! It was soooo cool seeing Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Brainy and Phantom girl fight crime together...!

I looooove this game!
Hey DM sorry I missed you! I was looking forward to meeting Doc Nimbus but it got to be a bit late for some of us on the east coast. Maybe I'll get the chance today or tomorrow or Saturday. If not, I guess I'll meet him on Sunday.

#537720 08/26/04 10:01 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Here are Garth's Power Pools:

Electrical Blast
Lightning Bolt
Ball Lightning
Charged Bolt
Zapp

Electrical Manipulation
Electrical Fence

Fitness
Swift

Flight
Hover

Leadership
Assault

And I've posted the poll for his next power here .

#537721 08/26/04 10:34 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And one more response ( I won't post any more after this since they all seem to be in agreement)

Re: TF's need to be changed [new] [Re: Varalent]
#1192939 - 08/26/04 12:40 PM
[Edit post] Edit [Reply to this post] Reply [Reply to this post] Quote

Quote:

False. You can log off, you can get disconnected, and when you log back on, you're still in the TF until it completes, or until you quit the TF.

Quote:

False. You have to be within the level ranges to *start* the TF, but if you level during the TF, you don't get kicked off, even if you do go train up during the TF.

Quote:

Partially true. You can buy and sell enhancements. In fact, you'd better make sure you have at least one enhancement slot open when you get to the final battle of the final mission, or you'll lose out on the SO enhancement. You cannot buy inspirations while on a TF, though. You're unable to visit your existing contacts while on a TF. There are ways around this restriction... get someone to buy them for you, or just rely on getting what you need while working your way through. Of the 4 I've done, I've not needed to get hold of any inspirations. I got what I needed from drops. A couple times, it woulda been nice, but was never necessary.

--------------------
Valerian - L27 Tech Invuln/Axe Tanker (Pinnacle)

#537722 08/26/04 10:50 AM
Active
Active
Sounds like no worries for the TF then. Great! Just stock up on your favorite Inspirations first.

Doc Nimbus got to meet a few of you, and he'll meet the rest on Sunday. Yay! We found out he is Tasmia's cousin last night too! smile

#537723 08/26/04 11:12 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Varalent:
Okay looking at a roster of:

[b]Condo:lvl 15 energy/energy blaster [Power Blast, Power Burst, Power Bolt, Sniper Bolt, Energy Torrent (ranged cone), Power Thrust (punch), Aid Self, Aid Other, Hover, & Sprint, Brawl & Rest]

Tasmia Mallor:lvl 14 (15 by Sunday?) scrapper dark/dark

Porcupine Pete: lvl 15 scrapper spines/regeneration [Barb Swipe - Melee, Lunge - Melee, Spine Burst - ummmm, you all have seen how it works, Impale - long range Lethal,Fast Healing, Reconstruction - my lone self-healing power; it doesn't respawn very quickly, Quick Recovery - regenerates endurance VERY quickly - I have it beefed up with enhancements so I rarely need the blue inspirations, Hover & Flight]

Andrew Nolan:lvl 15 tanker invulnerability/super strength?

Garth Ranzz:lvl 13 (14 by Sunday?) blaster electric/electric [Lightning Bolt, Ball Lightning, Charged Bolt, Zapp, Electrical Fence, Swift, Hover, Assault

Shadow Lad: lvl 15 defender dark/dark [Twilight Grasp (group heal), Howling Twilight (battle rez), Dark Blast, Moonbeam (snipe), Gloom and Dark Pit, Aid Other (power pool), Hover, Flight]

Prism Lord: lvl 13 (14 by Sunday?) controller illusion/radiation [Spectral Wounds, Blind, Decieve, Flash, Superior Invisibility, Radiant Aura, Accelerate Medabolism, Hover, Brawl, Rest, Sprint]

Doc Nimbus: lvl 12 defender empathy/dark blast [Healing Aura, Heal Other, Resurrect, Clear Mind, Dark Blast, Moonbeam, Hurdle, Recall Friend]

PS: Please post your power assortments so we can all see what we've got as a group.[/b]

#537724 08/26/04 12:16 PM
Leader
Leader
Doc Nimbus got to meet a few of you, and he'll meet the rest on Sunday. Yay! We found out he is Tasmia's cousin last night too! smile
Tas and I (Grev Mallor) have a long-lost cousin who's come back into the heroic fold? Excellent! smile

#537725 08/26/04 12:57 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sounds like no worries for the TF then. Great! Just stock up on your favorite Inspirations first.

DM, Tinya was yours right? Send me a PM or e-mail about the topic we were talking about last night before we hit the sewers. I can still help you out.

And sorry you got booted before you could level up. We figured you were okay where you got logged out since it was right next to the Yellow. Hopefully you didn't have too much trouble, assuming you were able to log back in.

#537726 08/26/04 01:13 PM
Active
Active
Thanks for all the research Vee, good stuff to know. (And hey, cool, you got a response from a member of Global Heroics, my favorite SG on the Triumph Server.)

We may have a fairly simple way around the issue of buying inspirations. If you can log off and rejoin the TF then maybe someone with a high lvl alt can log off, sign on as the alt, buy inspirations, trade with a TF memeber, log off and log back on with the TF charcter.

Had a lot of fun playing with everyone last night. Prism's halfway to 14, I'll see if I can get him Group Invisibilty by Sunday.

#537727 08/26/04 01:30 PM
Leader
Leader
Yes, thanks for posting those e-mails, Vee. I'll be able to get tentacles!!! Take that, Eid!

#537728 08/26/04 01:47 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I just want to be sure I'm understanding it all correctly.

We CAN leave, get kicked off/disconnected and still come back to the TF where we left off? Or do we have to restart?

And we ARE allowed to train after leveling even prior to completing the TF? So does this mean the TF is in the open or we can leave a Door one at anytime to train? And, again, does that reset the TF should we all leave the area?

Many thanks Vee, for looking into this. I really don't like their boards and only occasionally bother going to them. I just visit the main site for updates.

#537729 08/26/04 02:16 PM
Active
Active
Oooh, tenacles! Hopefully those will be as cool for you as they are for those Eidions.

Hate it when the boss' power doesn't come out as cool for you as when it hits you.

#537730 08/26/04 02:40 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Scott,

I know for a fact that if you get a map server
disconnect that you aren't booted from the TF
because it's happened to Blue on every TF I've
done with him. 8-)

And it sounds like we don't have to worry about
training up for the next level.

Page 27 of 70 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,057
Posts1,048,852
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Proty II
Proty II
Hyperion Ranch, California
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star