Roll Call
0 members (), 10 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/29/24 12:37 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/29/24 12:36 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/28/24 11:42 PM
Why love the legion?
by stile86 - 09/28/24 10:39 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by stile86 - 09/28/24 09:58 PM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 70 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537656 08/24/04 04:59 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Very neat Great Pumpkin, Seymour! What can
he do? 8-)

#537657 08/24/04 06:04 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
I am so going to regret this when I get
up for work in less than 6 hours, but I
ran into my friend Grem after leaving Scott,
Vee, and Caroline, and she made a Redhaired
Girl. (No longer little, of course!)

We got her up to 5 before I finally had to call
it a night ...

*falls asleep on keyboard...*
shake

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537658 08/24/04 06:13 AM
Leader
Leader
Very neat Great Pumpkin, Seymour! What can
he do? 8-)
He's an energy/energy blaster because I don't have one that I play (created one for the JSA team but haven't taken her out of the tutorial yet), and I thought the energy stuff was green. (I know rad's green, but I didn't feel like doing another defender.) Turns out it's blue, so I'll have to change that when colors become customizable. I don't know if I'll play him much, either, but he was fun to create.

I tried a Woodstock, too, but I couldn't get anything I liked. All the winged head variations I tried looked too weird.

#537659 08/24/04 06:28 AM
Active
Active
1PM Eastern should work for me, I just have to check with the wife... smile Doc Nimbus is one bubble away from 12th, and he should be there by game time.

Sorry for abandoning you the other day, Vee.. i got disconnected and couldn't get back on.. frown

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
#537660 08/24/04 06:53 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by DMFirebow:
1PM Eastern should work for me, I just have to check with the wife... smile Doc Nimbus is one bubble away from 12th, and he should be there by game time.

Sorry for abandoning you the other day, Vee.. i got disconnected and couldn't get back on.. frown
Glad you'll be able to join us DM! If you're available Wed night, you might want to join us for Legion night with Doc Nimbus (even though he's not one of your Legion characters). We usually get together around 9 PM and can help you work on getting him leveled up as much as possible.

Also be sure to look for any of us any day this week that you're on. There's usually someone around and it really helps in racking up xp because you can go afer bigger baddies.

No problem about the other day. I figured that's what happened. Been in that situation myself before. laugh

#537661 08/24/04 07:15 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
[b] Very neat Great Pumpkin, Seymour! What can
he do? 8-)
He's an energy/energy blaster because I don't have one that I play (created one for the JSA team but haven't taken her out of the tutorial yet), and I thought the energy stuff was green. (I know rad's green, but I didn't feel like doing another defender.) Turns out it's blue, so I'll have to change that when colors become customizable. I don't know if I'll play him much, either, but he was fun to create.[/b]
And you never noticed that Condo & Mysa have blue energy signatures? laugh

Actually, when the colors become customizable I would make it orange.

#537662 08/24/04 07:48 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Varalent:
And you never noticed that Condo & Mysa have blue energy signatures? laugh

Actually, when the colors become customizable I would make it orange. [/QB]
I see the smiley, but you do have a point. I kind of did out of the corner of my eye, but it never really registered. When I play SL in a fight, I look at mostly two things -- everybody's health bars and where the biggest bad guy is so I know whom to target when I'm not healing.

And, yeah, when it becomes customizable, I'll do a combo of orange and green -- maybe a little black and yellow thrown in -- assuming I keep playing him.

#537663 08/24/04 10:22 AM
Active
Active
Random CoH bits:

- one thing to look forward to that hasn't been hyped in the new update (perhaps it's waiting until the next one) is that, thanks to the lessons that went into adding capes, there'll be more costume options available. Basically, now that they figured how to make capes flow they'll be tweaking long hair to make it flow and adding some flowing costumes.

- I played with following a "powergamer" fire blaster guide, I've got to admit it works, the fire blaster is pretty powerful and it's pretty fun running around and beating up thugs like crazy. It's quite a relief to me, playing mostly controllers, where my soloing consists of stunning a thug and punching him over and over again. More importantly, the guide is getting me to think that I should be enhancing my other characters more agressively with more damage enhancements doubled up.

- Last night Mister Brazil, a scrapper, ended up joining a hydra hunting team. That was frustrating. I don't recomend trying to melee hydras, not much XP for the effort and danger. Oh, and I died three times while with that group. I think I'll stick to soloing in Skyway.

- Hmmmm, I've got way too many characters I'm juggling but that Peanuts groups looks like so much fun. Maybe I can start Lucy van Pelt as a fire blaster, that temper and all...

- Speaking of homage characters, I'm tempted to create a truly oddball reference. Is there a post-boot focused SG? I want to create a Tiffany Cross character. (If anyone except for Seymour -- who's heard me wax nostalgic for Ms Cross -- remembers her, I'd be so shocked.) But I've got enough characters to juggle, don't I?

- I just realized, the only issue one feature I've noticed making use of was the tailor. Outdoor door missions? New villains? New zones? Sewer trial? Prison? I need to get a some of my characters leveled.

#537664 08/24/04 10:55 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
Random CoH bits:

- one thing to look forward to that hasn't been hyped in the new update (perhaps it's waiting until the next one) is that, thanks to the lessons that went into adding capes, there'll be more costume options available. Basically, now that they figured how to make capes flow they'll be tweaking long hair to make it flow and adding some flowing costumes.
That will be pretty cool (both the hair and costumes)

- I played with following a "powergamer" fire blaster guide, I've got to admit it works, the fire blaster is pretty powerful and it's pretty fun running around and beating up thugs like crazy. It's quite a relief to me, playing mostly controllers, where my soloing consists of stunning a thug and punching him over and over again. More importantly, the guide is getting me to think that I should be enhancing my other characters more agressively with more damage enhancements doubled up.
Fire blasters (to be honest blasters in general) are by far the most fun. Tell us more about the guide though. I'd like to hear what else it recommends.

- Hmmmm, I've got way too many characters I'm juggling but that Peanuts groups looks like so much fun. Maybe I can start Lucy van Pelt as a fire blaster, that temper and all...
...or Rerun! He should be done with a crash helmet on his head! laugh

- Speaking of homage characters, I'm tempted to create a truly oddball reference. Is there a post-boot focused SG? I want to create a Tiffany Cross character. (If anyone except for Seymour -- who's heard me wax nostalgic for Ms Cross -- remembers her, I'd be so shocked.) But I've got enough characters to juggle, don't I?
Not yet but we could start a post-boot one on another server. laugh That would work perfectly for DMFirebow's idea the other day about Triad! Just say the word!

BTW, one can never have enough characters *Vee says solemnly* wink

- I just realized, the only issue one feature I've noticed making use of was the tailor. Outdoor door missions? New villains? New zones? Sewer trial? Prison? I need to get a some of my characters leveled.
Actually I haven't even heard anyone mention any of the others. Guess those are so far above me in level that I have no contact with those heroes that get to experience them.

#537665 08/24/04 11:24 AM
Leader
Leader
Those bits sound pretty good. What's a "powergamer" guide? I haven't run across those yet.

I know what you mean about juggling, and SLK mentioned it, too. I've got a couple I'd like to concentrate on and really start levelling them so I can get to all these awesome places.

#537666 08/24/04 11:46 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've heard of the "powergamer" guides but all the ones I've seen cost money. Either a website subscription or eBay auction. Haven't decided yet if it is worth it or not.

#537667 08/24/04 12:24 PM
Active
Active
Okay looking at a roster of:

Condo/Mysa
Tasmia Mallor
Porcupine Pete
Andrew Nolan
Garth Ranz
Shadow Lad
Prism Lord
Doc Nimbus

I think we're looking fairly covered. We've got three melees (Tasmia, Pete and Andrew), 1-2 blasters (Garth and, possibly, Condo), 2-3 semi-blasters (Shadow Lad, Doc Nimbus and, possibly, Mysa), 1-2 healers (Doc Numbus and, possibly, Mysa) and 2 semi-healers (Shadow Lad and Prism).

Since we've got Doc Nimbus and two secondary healers I think we could work well with either Condo or Mysa in the task force. Both would be quite valuable to the party.

The only thing we're low on is foe neutralization (just me). I think we can make that work with our team. My usual controller MO is to try to stun the minions who aren't being engaged by melees so that they stop giving us damage when it looks like we won't be trying to take them out soon... I've stoped trying to stun bosses after missing too many times.

#537668 08/24/04 12:35 PM
Active
Active
Let's see if I can post links on this board without Java working on my browser....

Here's a guide to powergaming a fire/device blaster claiming "Level 40 in four weeks" <http://boards.cityofheroes.com/show...psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1155869>

I'm playing with this one right now, especially since he spells out his slotting.

An overall guide I'm finding interesting can be found here:

<http://boards.cityofheroes.com/show...apsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#676107>

I have been thinking of claiming Rerun instead or Lucy. I remember really liking Rerun on the Peanuts saturday morning series. He had a bit of a slow-build temper, IIRC so I was thinking of a Fire Blast defender... maybe empathy?

#537669 08/24/04 12:53 PM
Active
Active
Alright, you'll have to cut and paste those links into your browser to read 'em...

I lurk on the CoH boards from time to time, I have a hard time logging on so I rarely post, but they have some good player guides, tho you have to remember they were written by individuals who might not realize their style isn't necessarily obvious to everyone.

#537670 08/24/04 01:01 PM
Leader
Leader
Okay looking at a roster of:

Condo/Mysa
Tasmia Mallor
Porcupine Pete
Andrew Nolan
Garth Ranz
Shadow Lad
Prism Lord
Doc Nimbus

I think we're looking fairly covered. We've got three melees (Tasmia, Pete and Andrew), 1-2 blasters (Garth and, possibly, Condo), 2-3 semi-blasters (Shadow Lad, Doc Nimbus and, possibly, Mysa), 1-2 healers (Doc Numbus and, possibly, Mysa) and 2 semi-healers (Shadow Lad and Prism).

Since we've got Doc Nimbus and two secondary healers I think we could work well with either Condo or Mysa in the task force. Both would be quite valuable to the party.

The only thing we're low on is foe neutralization (just me). I think we can make that work with our team. My usual controller MO is to try to stun the minions who aren't being engaged by melees so that they stop giving us damage when it looks like we won't be trying to take them out soon... I've stoped trying to stun bosses after missing too many times.
Shadow Lad's primary function is as a healer. He's not an empath healer, but he does have a major group heal that's actually stronger than the empath heal. He also has an individual heal. If Doc Nimbus has rez, which he can get at 12 before Sunday if he doesn't yet, I would prefer to use him and get Condo so we have two strong blasters on the team.

With a second full blaster on the team, that allows the two healers (Doc Nimbus and Shadow Lad) to concentrate mostly on healing and keep a very close eye on the HP levels without being distracted by the need to blast. Prism can fill in when necessary.

#537671 08/24/04 01:27 PM
Active
Active
So, a discussion question I've been meaning to throw at this group...

What power sets would you like to see in future updates? We've been promised archery and shapeshifter, but what else is missing?

Plant Control (I see this as pretty much a copy of Fire/Ice/Earth control)

Animal Control (each power would have an animal attack the foe in different ways, a flock of birds might fly around a gang leaving them distracted and open to an attack, like a stun or a falcon might dive and knock them back)

Metal Armor (Hi Andrew!)

Power Icon (You get a powerful little object that you can control with a variety of blaster powers, you can also send it on litle chases.)

Sonic Blaster

Transmutation (I figure those'd be very specific, like a power that turns oxygen in an area to helium, putting everyone in that area to sleep or turns a thug's clothes to metal, freezing them)

I'd love to have a Mimic power but I have no idea how that would be done fairly and smoothly.

#537672 08/24/04 02:09 PM
Active
Active
Doc Nimbus already has rez, and he also has Teleport Other... so he can extract the KO'd in nasty situations. He's half a bubble away from 12th, and he'll either pick up another Dark power (like Gloom) or a group boosting Empathy power. Teleport Foe would just get his butt kicked... smile

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
#537673 08/24/04 02:18 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Varalent:
[b]I am so going to regret this when I get
up for work in less than 6 hours, but I
ran into my friend Grem after leaving Scott,
Vee, and Caroline, and she made a Redhaired
Girl. (No longer little, of course!)

We got her up to 5 before I finally had to call
it a night ...

*falls asleep on keyboard...*
shake [/b]
What does that mean, Vee? 8-)

I'm almost halfway to getting Charlie to
8, too ... I'd like to get him to 10 so I
could start the Supergroup.

Scott, will you be playing Garth any tonight
or is there a cahnce Marcie and Patti could
join me?

#537674 08/24/04 02:19 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Oh, and everyone else is welcome too.8-)

I just didn't know if Scott wanted to work on
Garth tonight.

#537675 08/24/04 02:22 PM
Deputy
Deputy
So, a discussion question I've been meaning to throw at this group...

What power sets would you like to see in future updates? We've been promised archery and shapeshifter, but what else is missing?

Plant Control (I see this as pretty much a copy of Fire/Ice/Earth control)

Animal Control (each power would have an animal attack the foe in different ways, a flock of birds might fly around a gang leaving them distracted and open to an attack, like a stun or a falcon might dive and knock them back)

Metal Armor (Hi Andrew!)

Power Icon (You get a powerful little object that you can control with a variety of blaster powers, you can also send it on litle chases.)

Sonic Blaster

Transmutation (I figure those'd be very specific, like a power that turns oxygen in an area to helium, putting everyone in that area to sleep or turns a thug's clothes to metal, freezing them)

I'd love to have a Mimic power but I have no idea how that would be done fairly and smoothly.
Yes, I wasn't crazy about using the powers that
I did for Andrew, but that was as close as I
could get to his powers ...

When you say mimic, I think it would be neat if
you could duplicate an enemy power when you got
within range ... say pick up a shocker's powers
or a brick's ... or an Eid's ...

Other than that, I'm more concerned with being
able to pick up certain costumes. My Nite Killer
character really needs a trenchcoat ...

#537676 08/24/04 02:31 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LyleLyle:
[qb] Okay looking at a roster of:

[b]Condo:
lvl 15 energy/energy blaster [Power Blast, Power Burst, Power Bolt, Sniper Bolt, Energy Torrent (ranged cone), Power Thrust (punch), Aid Self, Aid Other, Hover, & Sprint, Brawl & Rest]

or/Mysa:lvl 15 defender empathy/energy blaster [Power Blast, Power Burst, Power Bolt, Healing Aura, Heal Other, Rez, TP/Recall Friend, Hover, Flight,& Sprint, Brawl & Rest]

Tasmia Mallor:lvl 14 (15 by Sunday?) scrapper dark/dark

Porcupine Pete: lvl 15(?) scrapper spines/regeneration

Andrew Nolan:lvl 15 tanker invulnerability/super strength?

Garth Ranzz:lvl 13 (14 by Sunday?) blaster electric/electric

Shadow Lad: lvl 15 defender dark/dark

Prism Lord: lvl 13 (14 by Sunday?) controller illusion/empathy?

Doc Nimbus: lvl 11 (12 by Sunday?) defender empathy/dark blast?

[/b]
Both Condo & Mysa are maxed out on enhancements to 15++ except where Condo has DOs, all three of which are lvl 15 but single. Suggestions on what to do with enhancements for either? I've heard that DOs should not be combined. Rather they should be stacked but that takes up additional slots which would mean giving up accuracy or recharge reductions or...

PS: Please post your power assortments so we can all see what we've got as a group.

#537677 08/24/04 02:40 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by DMFirebow:
Doc Nimbus already has rez, and he also has Teleport Other... so he can extract the KO'd in nasty situations. He's half a bubble away from 12th, and he'll either pick up another Dark power (like Gloom) or a group boosting Empathy power. Teleport Foe would just get his butt kicked... smile
If you have healing aura, rez & TP/Recall Friend than I definitely think I should bring Condo so we have another high powered blaster.

As for your next power selection, you might consider "Clear Mind". If we go up against Vaz or Lost, that could be VERY useful in freeing us from sleeps, disorients or holds. I can't recall if Prism has anything that does that.

#537678 08/24/04 02:47 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oh, and everyone else is welcome too.8-)

I just didn't know if Scott wanted to work on
Garth tonight.
As it stands right now probably not on any character. Still at work and too much to do. Definitely for tomorrow for Legion night as long as you guys don't decide to work on the Infinity Legion instead. Even so, I'll probably work Garth instead.

#537679 08/24/04 02:52 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I really think we should work on Virtue tomorrow if at all possible to iron out strategies and team dynamics. Lets see how high we can get Garth, Prism & Doc (if he can join us) None of us 15s is likely to get so much xp in one night that it would put us over into lvl 16.

#537680 08/24/04 02:58 PM
Active
Active
Wow, Vee, you've got a great memory.

Shadow Lad's primary is Dark Miasma? I didn't notice Twilight Grasp in use, but then I think I remember asking him if he's got (the most fabulous) Howling Twilight. Boy I'm unobervant at times.

BTW, Blue Battler, hope you don't think the metal armor mention was a slight at you. I thought Andrew was a good example of how big a spot they missed there.

I really like your idea to implement a Mimic power. Yeah, I was thinking of a character like Dubplicate Boy, but letting a player duplicate other teammates' powers does throw the balance out the window. Making it focused on foes' abilities would make it quite a challenge to play since your powers would go up and down.

I'm really hoping trenchcoats come through as part of the new flowing costume elements. I'm also hoping for a couple of nice dresses -- it would be cool to be able to make a mystic heroine in a sexy dress like Madame Xanadu.

Wow we look in really good shape for this sunday's TF, even if the rest of us don't level (I won't stop trying tho)... so much so I'm wondering if we should schedule a Synapse TF already.

Page 25 of 70 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,848
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Sue Pergirl
Sue Pergirl
San Francisco, California
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star