Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 99)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
WooHoo! That's awesome DL! Glad you'll be around for a while longer. And Happy B'Day! [Cheers]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

[Eek!]

All servers are down!

[Eek!]

Do you think they overheard me offering to PL Garth along with Grev?

[Eek!]

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That had to be it. I was just checking with my contact to move over and got hit by the disconnect. They're on to us man! [Wink]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Hey the training room is up, we could....

Oh forgot... [Frown]

can't do that without screwing up the beta [Mad]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually I think it is a ruse to make us all play the CoV beta during testing hours. Except they took away access to Training Room 1 where I was having fun playing Bub (a no-prize to anyone who know's where I got that name), my zombie mastermind.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Hell, I was on TR1 all weekend with Kingmaker (MM w/mercenaries). I could play there just fine without all the issues I've been having on the main TR.

Then today TR1 was still there but all greyed out. [Frown]

--------------------

Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Holy...!

I'm d/l'ing the CoV beta. It says it's a 1.7gig file that will take over 8 hours to load!

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

TR1 was there the first 20 minutes or so but then they shut beta down and never brought it back up. And the lag on the regular training room is so bad it just wasn't worth it. Seems there were no major problems this weekend but today we were back to the same old crap.
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Director Lad:
Holy...!

I'm d/l'ing the CoV beta. It says it's a 1.7gig file that will take over 8 hours to load!

Did you just patch it to a copy of the Test Room (which is a copy of the regular CoH) or are you just downloading the whole thing? If you just copy the CoH files over you shouldn't have that long a download.
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by Director Lad:
Holy...!

Yep, I know the feeling. Took me two days to get it downloaded and running. (Hate to tell you but after the download, you'll still have a t least one patch to deal with most likely! [Frown] )

At least it's up 24/7 now so it may not be quite as bad for you. I spent an entire night downloading; waited until 8 PM the next night to log in (there were limited hours until today) only to discover that there was a patch to download which took another 4 hours for me (another lost night since beta was only available for 3 hours each night at the time.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Hate to say this but the beta is still only 3 hours a night. The extra time was just the stress test for this weekend. As of today we are back to 3 hours.
Vee
Still smoooooth!

I beg to differ Scott, read the CoV boards for the following annoucement.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pages: 1
Alexa
City of Villains Online Community Coordinator

Reged: 07/28/05

Expanded Server Hours!
#229516 - 10/17/05 04:23 PM
Edit Reply Quote

Attention Villains!

We will activate the beta server tonight at the usual time (6pm Central, 4pm Pacific, 7pm Eastern). However, instead of shutting it down after three hours, we will leave it up indefinitely.

So, for those of you who have been wondering when we will move to 24/7 access, the day has arrived! Keep in mind that this is still beta, however, so there will be times when we need to bring things down temporarily to apply patches or to perform maintenance. Otherwise, our goal is to have the server available as much as possible until the end of beta.

Yours in villainy,
Alexa

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Thanks Vee. I've been trying to get into the CoV boards all day with no luck. They just keep trying to load but nothing ever comes up. I just figured they were down while they were compiling all the new data.
Vee
Still smoooooth!

NP, Scott. Of course, only the main TR was up when I was on early this evening. The lag wasn't too bad (possibly becasue I had just had the memory boosted from 512 to I024 on my laptop) but after about 10 minutes of playing, my screen went completely black and I haven't been able to get anything up an running on it since...just that damn completely black screen...not after rebooting, removing the battery & rebooting with power cord attached, unplugging the power cord and reconnecting it & rebooting...nothing. Just a black screen. (This is a month old lap top BTW! [Mad]

Spent two hours at Best Buy with the Geek Squad today after work having the new chips installed and I'm afraid I'll be back there again tomorrow trying to find out what happened

Black screens are not pretty on a computer. [Frown]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

When that happened on Caroline's desktop (only 6 months old at the time) it was because of the motherboard and a power surge. Didn't matter that the PC is plugged into two different surge protectors. And it was CoH that was running at that time too.
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.