Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 97)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
BTW, between Prism and I (and Dex-El also) we can still do some serious power leveling for some of the lower level chars in the SG. Grev is at a great level to bridge and I'm going to be working on getting Mysa and Mon up into the lower 40s to serve as bridges as well. So bring 'em on!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So how low a hero can you PL? I might be interested in getting Garth at least up to his 30's.

Since I've come back, with a lot of help from Blue and his friends, my very first character, Gungnir, has gone from 17 to 28. He's about to pass up EAP as my highest level character.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
If you have a bridge, you can PL anyone. Otherwise, you have to be within nine levels to get any XP off the PL'er. So that's where bridging comes in. Shadow Lad's 44, and he could SK Garth up to 43 so he could get mega XP from Condo.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

I won't be around tonight for Legion Night. I'll be heading to the airport right after work for my flight to Boston for Wizard World. I won't have my laptop with me this time so I probably won't be be able to help Garth out until next week. But I'll be happy to!

[ September 29, 2005, 03:56 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just have a fun time in Boston Vee!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Well Gungnir finally hit 30 tonight. Thanks to everyone for helping out! My first 30. Hell, if I can keep leveling like this he can hit 50 by Christmas. [Big Grin]
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Only if I don't help you get Garth there first [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

So I talked my GameStop out of a pre-order freebie for CoV (guilted them because they won't carry the timecards for CoH anymore). It came with a 14 day trial to CoH for two people, one for the purchaser and a friend. Of course they set it up so you can add it to your current account.

Does anyone out there need a 14 day freebie who doesn't already have an account or who wants a new one for 2 weeks?

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
NCSoft announced prices for CoV. There won't be any increase to the monthly subscription. You'll get both for $14.99 a month. The only thing you'll have to pay for is the game.

Woo hoo! I guess I will go ahead and get it now.

[ October 06, 2005, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Suddenly Seymour ]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Seymour beat me to it! Here's the official announcement.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NCsoft unveils single subscription rate for City of Villains and City of Heroes players

City of Villains and City of Heroes customers can play both games for the single subscription rate of $14.99 per month

ALCATRAZ ISLAND, Calif., Oct. 5, 2005—NCsoft® North America has announced that customers will be able to subscribe to two of its massively multiplayer online games, City of Villains™ and City of Heroes®, for the subscription price of one. Subscribers to City of Villains and City of Heroes will have only a single subscription fee of $14.99 per month to have full access to both games.

City of Villains, a stand-alone sequel to last year’s hit, City of Heroes, is expected to be released on October 31, with a subscription price of $14.99 per month. The pricing plan means that current City of Heroes subscribers need only purchase City of Villains to play and enjoy features from both games. The games were developed by Cryptic Studios™.

Along with the value of being able to play the two games for $14.99, players will receive four additional character slots per game server, and access to crossover areas from both games such as player-versus-player zones in City of Villains. Additionally, City of Heroes’ players who subscribe to both games will have access to the base building and base raids featured in City of Villains.

“This single subscription rate for subscribers to City of Villains and City of Heroes represents a great value for our customers and demonstrates our efforts to put our players first,” said Robert Garriott, CEO of NCsoft North America. “We expect City of Villains to have a major impact on the PC games business, and this pricing structure should help continue to bring in new customers to the online, multiplayer game market.”

“Both games can be played on their own and will provide satisfying and exciting online adventures,” said Jack Emmert, creative director for Cryptic Studios, “By keeping the cost to $14.99 for subscribers to both games, we are encouraging players to use all of the functionality we built into the games. We created a heroes game and a villains game and we figured it is a lot more fun to have good guys and bad guys tangle without charging double for the opportunity to do so.”

The announcement of the pricing structure was made at the City of Villains preview event on Alcatraz Island in San Francisco.
For more information about City of Villains, go to: www.cityofvillains.com.

About NCsoft

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

I'm surprised they didn't mention the extra slots in the official newsletter that came out yesterday. We'll, more spots for Vee's Legion. [Smile]

Does anyone else think that they are off-setting this by cancelling the printed comic book delivery? I've been waiting for them to do that for over a year now.

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3826972&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

The nerf bat strikes again.

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I'm surprised they didn't mention the extra slots in the official newsletter that came out yesterday. We'll, more spots for Vee's Legion. [Smile]

But of course! [Big Grin] I'll have to redo the entire LoSV over on CoV of course, and there may be one or two other changes as well, so I'll have lots to play around with!

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Does anyone else think that they are off-setting this by cancelling the printed comic book delivery? I've been waiting for them to do that for over a year now.

Glad to see them doing it though if that's what it takes to keep CoV "free" for all intents and purposes to CoH subscribers. They're going to send the comics out in electronic media and still have it available in stores for those that want hard copies. That works for me because it sure isn't one I would consider collecting but it is kinda fun to read.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Thanks for the great time this afternoon/evening guys! It was a blast being back with the Legion again. Even if Garth is in desparate need of a respec. Gotta do that soon.
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
You should have a free one, right? If not Doc Nimbus would be glad to do the Terra Volta TF with you/

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.