Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 93)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm, last I heard the Croatoa TF was still not on the test server. Now, I have no idea what it takes to be considered a "game killer" bug, considering the lagapalooza/memory leaker the version of I4 that went live was, but I hope that's not something that the game would go live with.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
What am I doing wrong? No matter how I log out (from the training room or the regular game), it won't give the download offer. This happens every time! And finally it just does it. I don't understand!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I doubt it's anything you're doing Seymour. Just CoH at its best.

BTW, on the forums, most people are convinced that this is not the harbinger of the impending arrival of I5. Rather they think it's the last bug fix on test. They expect there will be another smaller patch next week and then going live the week after.

What do I know? Guess we'll see.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well guys and gals, I just got back from the NCSoft website where, with regret, I deactivated the billing for my account. I haven't been able to play much recently and three months from now, I'll probably be moving to Los Angeles. To do so, I need to save every penny. I'm still active until October 18, so I'll try to get on and play a couple of sessions, but between working my full-time job and part-time at the local Comic Book Shop, we'll see.

Running with you guys was the most fun I ever had playing this game. In its weird way, I felt more like I got to know some of the Legion Worlders than I do here. I'm looking forward to when my financial and time issues settle down and I can reup my sub. In the meantime, keep 'em flying and don't forget to have fun.

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Ohhh man! Sorry to see you go if only for a realtively short amount of time. Hopefully once you get all that real life stuff out of the way yu can get back the the really important stuff...defeating villains in Paragon! [Big Grin]

Good luck with everything. We'll miss you.

Vee

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Bummer!

Always sorry to lose a fellow player, but we certainly understand.

And I know what you mean about learning about fellow LWers. I'm just not a big poster, so it's been fun getting to know people as we chat in game.

Have a great move, and hope the gap between Oct. 18 and your return isn't excessively long.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
Good luck Director Lad! I don't think I got to play with you, but just knowing that you play CoH, I feel I already know ya.

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So, did you all know that unless you buy CoV you won't get to build a headquarters? Headquarters are only going to be allowed in the PvP areas which will only be accessible through CoV. Also, any trophies or items you win and decide to keep in the HQ can be stolen by other players. They get to schedule a base assault in which the HQ team has to show up to defend the territory. Nothing like collecting a ton of debt to defeat an arch-nemesis and get a trophy only to have someone else steal it.

The way some of the punks play the game 24/7 you could wind up doing nothing but defending the HQ.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Hehe! But if you don't keep anything there it would be a great big waste of time for them. [Big Grin]

Seriously, does this mean that if everyone in an SG doesn't have CoV then only certain members of the SG can access the HQ?

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone else gettng an e-mail offer to test
the COV Beta?

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Hehe! But if you don't keep anything there it would be a great big waste of time for them. [Big Grin]

Seriously, does this mean that if everyone in an SG doesn't have CoV then only certain members of the SG can access the HQ?

That's my understanding of the article I read. The HQs will be in PVP territory only and those areas are only accessible through CoV. That may change but for the beginning that's how it will be.

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Did anyone else gettng an e-mail offer to test
the COV Beta?

Well, someone in our household did. And it wasn't me.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Not me [Frown]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Forever downloading the update for it. Took two hours for it on Caroline's PC and then once it finished it started over again.

And for now there is only a two hour window, Monday through Friday that playing will be allowed. 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM Mountain (that's 6 to 8 for Blue and, when you get your invite Vee, it'll be 7 to 9).

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
There's been talk about the nature of bases on the boards since E3. I believe the official word is that the question of if you would have to own CoV to get bases in CoH is that its all TBA. They're not commiting to one option or another until they get closer to the completed project. It could end up being a part of CoH issue 6.

As for base raids, what's been said so far is that your SG will have to do a special Task Force to obtain an item of power in order to become eligible to be raided. You can also set an availability schedule for raids so that you don't feel like you need to be on 24/7 to protect your base.

I like the ideas there, so far, but there aren't enough details to fully judge. It does sound like they're trying to bring PVP to the game in a way that doesn't hurt its casual-friendly nature.

I'm not sure if bases will have a purpose outside of PVP, though the reports from E3 said that they were very fun to build but were very expensive... an influence sink.

Congrats to you two on the beta invites. Right now I understand it's a lottery for players with 12 months in the game. I hear the waves of invites came pretty fast at the beginning of CoH (possibly, I'm told to manage the software downloads and keep the server from getting too bogged down).

Eventually, everyone who's been in the game for 12 months are supposed to get a beta invite.

At first there will be short windows. At that point they want to test the servers to see if they can handle a heavy load so they're "herding" the beta testers onto the server into a small window. The timing will increase as it progresses.

But becareful not to say anything to break the NDA and get yourselves into trouble. We'll find out soon enough.

More importanly have fun!

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, do we still do Legion Night on Thursdays? Will folks be on tonight?
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.