Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 91)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
You sure the information on those temp powers wasn't originally posted on April 1? They just sound so ... silly. The bat would be nice as an emote, though, so you can hit a player as you yell, "QUIT AGGROING ALL THE GROUPS!"

And both those power sets for archery sound much more controller than defender. I wonder how it will all work out.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
It actually came from a COH related website called the 5th Column. The author seems knoweldgable about everything else and seems to be pulling the info from the patches that are downloaded. These are already in the system but have not been activated.

I thought the same thing about them and it's certainly possible that they were inteded to be for an April Fools event that never happened.

But I sure would love to have that bat on some pick up teams! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't see how they can't see that stamina is a
mandatory power. As quickly as you can go through
attacks at the upper levels, you'd be out of juice
in no time flat if you didn't have stamina.

As for hasten ... I resisted taking it for the
longest time on any of my toons because I didn't
want to have a cookie cutter build, but I do have
to admit that it's come in real handy with my
level 36 healer ... the extra juice you can keep
in heals without a recharge and the fact that
hasten tends to offset somewhat the slower
recharge effects of some enemy attacks make it
irresistable for a healer, I think.

It's sad that you have two out of your 4 pool
powers already taken by necessary choices,
though.

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Perhaps they should make Stamina and Hasten Inherent powers that you earn by attaining certain levels, just like you get heal at level 2 when you exit Outbreak. Hasten could be attained at 10 and Stamina at 14.

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Did you guys see that the autoexemp for
TFS just went live?

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Yeah that was yesterday's patch. Maybe Condo and Mighty Mon can go back and do Positron now without haven't to worry about LCing and getting dropped from the team.

I also noticed for the fisrt time that they have a "Coming in August 2005" blurb on the feaures update page for Issue 5, so it looks like that's at least a few weeks away yet. Probably see it go to test server in a week or so.

[ July 14, 2005, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Just popped over the the CoH boards. Looks like Issue 5 has been uploaded to the test server.

Haven't had a chance yet to read about all the changes but it sure sounds like tankers and scrappers have a taken a BIG hit to their defenses! [Frown]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Wow! Spent most of the afternoon reading threads about all the changes in I5 that are being tested on the training room server. If all go live,CoH will be very different when it comes to teaming and soloing.

I would encourage everyone to go read the numerous threads on the "Training Room" forum at the CoH boards. The chages are too numerous for me to list.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

PS: With all the changes, I can't see how they could release Issue 5 and NOT give out a free respec. Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE will need to respec in order to rearrange slots if not select a new set of powers. So start considering what you may or may not want to change.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know if you all heard the bigger news but Marvel has combined forces with Microsoft to bring their MMORPG to life finally. And it will also be playable through the new XBox 360.

Could be that this will be the big competition that will resolve the lawsuit. I know I would be more interested again if I could play a CoH similar game but on a console and not have to be online to play.

[ July 15, 2005, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

I just played around a bit on test ...

Anyone who doesn't have hasten now is going to
regret it if they don't take it. I used Blue's
full auto once and it seemed to take much longer
to recharge ... and given that AOEs will now
affect no more than 16 baddies at a time that's
not good.

And that hacks me off. Unique builds are
constantly getting screwed over in COH ...

The archery and sonic sets are kind of fun, but
when you add in all the nerfs they're planning
this time, I'm thinking the Devs may be reaching
the point where they may finally be cutting their
throats ... the Controllers seem to be absolutely
furious with the changes ... blasters get a bit
of a boost with defiance, but I don't think there
are as many blasters around as there used to be,
at least on the upper levels on Triumph.

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Yeah, I spent some time playing around on test also. I've been a fan of Hasten right from the start and don't have a single char without it but I agree with Blue, it's pretty much mandatory now.

Poor Prism and Grev and 88 are going to be limited to one pet at a time as of Issue 5 so we will no longer get to see Pookette or Pookeena in game (unless Pooky agrees to share time with them) or Peebles and Bam Bam (some thing with Rocky). Sounds like the only controllers that will be able to summon more than one pet will be Fire Controllers (who will summon 3 Imps at a time). Illusion controllers will also summon 3 Phantom Armymembers at a time.

Archery and Sonic are quite fun BUT....

Archery blasters have no logical secondary. There is no Archery secondary for them. Best combo will likely be Devices I guess.

Archery Defenders will be much cooler, they have a n Archery balst secondry and a Trick Arrow primary! [Big Grin] Lots of fun with entagling arrows (like web grenade) and explosive arrows, etc.

Sonic is a lot of fun but seems overpowered. I'll be surprised if they don't nerf this set before going to the Live servers.

A gripe I have for the defender Sonic set...NO heal! This seems very much like Force Field with the animations changed. But it is very cool. [Big Grin]

Got some names reserved on live servers already to make new chars with them [Big Grin]

[ July 17, 2005, 04:17 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Croatoa is VERY neat!

Red Caps look like evil dwarves; Tuathan are Werewolves, but not the same as Council War Wolves; Cabal are the witches from Halloween event; Fir Bogs are the Pumpkin head from that event also. Ghosts are just like those on the ghost ship. I heard mention of trolls that throw people at you and then explode but didn't see any.

All in all looks like a very cool zone. War Witch (from the original comic book series is the trainer for the zone. She's on the north island, sitting in a yoga position and floating in mid air [Big Grin]

BTW: Cabal Sprites (underlings) give endurance buffs while you are near like the blue crystals in Oranbega, probably some green sprites around also but I only saw blue.

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

Hm.

I'm going to head back and find War Witch. Isn't
she too low for Croatia though? 8-) (Apex was
revealed to be a level 15 scrapper at the end
of the first series...)

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Woot!

The good news is that Condo hit lvl 40! [Big Grin]

The bad news is that Condo got roped into trying the Eden Trial this morning and ended up with 300K in debt AND then the team decided we couldn't complete it because the mind controller with TP and healer decided to quit. [Frown]

Needless to say Condo will be seeking help to work off all that debt.

[ July 17, 2005, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.