Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 86)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Director Lad:
Look out Legionnaires!

Esper Lass has been sighted on Champion!

Cool! Maybe she'll run into Mordu and join the Legion of Super Villains!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
quote:
Originally posted by Director Lad:
Look out Legionnaires!

Esper Lass has been sighted on Champion!

Cool! Maybe she'll run into Mordu and join the Legion of Super Villains!
Yeah, that's sort of the idea!
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So, I'm sure that we've all noticed the problems that have come up since I4 went live this week. Twice now I've been dumped from a server during a door mission. As Vee and I just noticed, when this happens, you lose any xp gained during the mission. Also, I noticed that the enhancements that I applied during the mission were un-applied after I logged back in. I think that we can all agree that doing missions and not getting anything for them, then having to do them again is not what we signed up for.

However, I think that there's a way to tell when a mission has gone dead. I noticed some time before we got dumped that the chat was no longer working. I think this is an early warning sign. Of course, once the chat stops working, there's only one way to let your teammates know. If you're on a mission and you notice that your chat messages aren't getting through, drop the team and wave. That'll let everyone else know that they need to bail out and restart the mission.

I have faith that Cryptic will fix these problems soon. In the meantime, we just need to look our for ourselves.

Thoughts?

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Is anyone else having a "white screen" pop
up during login? Ever since Issue 4 went
live, I've had that happen .. sometimes I
have to retry 3 or 4 times or more before
COH goes live and lets me on.

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
THere's also a big memory leak that affects virtual memory (page filing). I've sent a couple bug reports about it, hopefully it'll be figured out within a couple weeks.

BTW, Prism soloed Terra sucessfully the other night.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Vee
Still smoooooth!

There's a lot of discussion on the CoH forums about these problems. I was able to solve most of my crashing problem by turning off "Shadows" in the graphics portion of the Options menu thanks to a suggestion there. Before turning it off I was crashing constantly. Usually it was while changing zones or exiting a mission, but it could happen even just running down the street. Since turning off shadows, it hasn't crashed.

It does still begin to slow down and lag significantly as times goes on, which I imagine is the memory leak Lyle mentioned because my computer pops up a window telling me that virtual memory is too low. If I don't shut down and reboot, I eventually freeze up (yesterday I got stuck in mid jump coming out of the Hollows! [Big Grin] ) and lose connection.

BTW Blue, lots of people are complaining about the same problem you are having also though I haven't experienced it.

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Lyle, Mike's got the Maestro mission saved for you whenever you're ready to do it. When can he expect to find you the next few days?

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

It's been a productive week for Vee's Legion [Big Grin]

Condo made it to lvl 34 (thanks to Prism)

Mysa made it to lvl 30 (thanks to Prism)and got her aura and a new outfit! {Think White Witch Warrior}

Mon made it to lvl 29 (thanks to Prism)

And they all had a great time doing it!

Look forward to seeing everyone tonight for Legion Night on Virtue!

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

PS:

Thanks Prism !!!!!

--------------------

Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey CoH Legionnaires, I won't be able to join you all tonight, so sorry! Scott is taking a few days off to make a long weekend for his 39th birthday, and I have promised him I won't play CoH again until Tuesday. This will also be good for a rest of the horribly painful case of carpel tunnel syndrome I have given myself by playing the game sometimes ten or more hours a day for the past one year this month. I have never been addicted to anything so badly in my life, except for sunflower seeds and..... [Wink]

Congratulations to everyone for attaining higher levels for your Legionnaires. I wish I had your discipline as I still ping-pong around the servers. Be safe in Paragon City guys [Love]

From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

We'll miss you Caroline but I hope you have fun on your long weekend! You and Scott really deserve a little bit of a break. [Hug]

And Happy early B'Day to Scott! [Cheers]

[ May 12, 2005, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Glad to help!

Prism's still stuck on ideas for his 30 costume... except that maybe his 30 will be his 20 costume in black and his 40 will be an attempt at copying the decoys... that'll be useful if he tries PVP.

Ooooh, I'm so close to fighting Praetorians and visiting alternate dimensions!

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Praetorians are kind of fun to fight ... Blue got
to put the smackdown and sit on Tyrant's throne a
few weeks ago. 8-)

Does anyone on Virtue have a fire controller that
Prism could help level? Imps and phants vs
Praetorians would be cool! 8-)

Vee
Still smoooooth!

I do but Inferna is only a lvl 2-3 so far.

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I must thank Prism, too. He helped me zip through 33 for Shadow Lad, and now he's 34 and can get three pets going at once!

quote:
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
Glad to help!

Prism's still stuck on ideas for his 30 costume... except that maybe his 30 will be his 20 costume in black and his 40 will be an attempt at copying the decoys... that'll be useful if he tries PVP.

Ooooh, I'm so close to fighting Praetorians and visiting alternate dimensions!

I played with an illusion controller who's costume was remarkably similar to his PA. He looked very cool.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.