Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 81)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Blue Battler Blue Battler has just turned 51
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Unfortunately for me, the general consensus on
the Arena forum is that blasters in general
and AR Blasters in particular have a hard
time in the Arena ... so I doubt Blue will
be in very many fights ...

Star will be useless until such time as he
gets a pet ...

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:

gets a pet ...

Blue, Condo's been in a number of arena duels. It is a challenge but he's far from useless. You just have to be aware of your limitations and not try to go head to head with a scrapper or tanker. Condo spends most of his time in the air, blasting away.

In team duels in particular, blasters can be very useful in taking out the controllers & defenders of the other team in order to allow your teammates to survive.

The arena is actually much more challenging than what we are accustomed to in regular CoH battles. It would be fun to try it with a Legion team.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've actually heard a few posters complain about blasters being hard to beat with that 30% guaranteed damage. Personally, my gripe is with tanks. I know taunt's bugged, but I don't like the interface overall. You try to attack someone and it just won't let you... it says "Taunted!" and you have to find the tanker that did it to you. I think a tanker with speed could do a lot more damage than a maz-heavy controller in the Arena by taunting foes and running so that opponents have to seek them out.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats on hitting 32, Lyle! Woo hoo! I can't wait to see your Phantasm in action.

Did you do the Bastion TF with a pick-up team? How is it? Condo and Grev need to do it soon.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Congrats on hitting 32, Lyle! Woo hoo! I can't wait to see your Phantasm in action.

Did you do the Bastion TF with a pick-up team? How is it? Condo and Grev need to do it soon.

Yeah, started going batty and joined a Bastion team to get my Phants.

Bastion's okay. It's not particularly interesting, IMO. The maps are repetitive and that was made worse when we got the same spawn point over and over. You're preventing the council from building more robots which seems underwhelming after stopping Archon Brucker. (There's a later mini-story arc that's more interesting, too, where some council robots gain sentinence.)

Wow, what a power boost. PL's now running around at Unyielding! Those Phants are powerful!

Now... let me at those AVs.

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
How quick a recharge is it with Hasten? Can you get more than one going at a time with just one enhancement, or is that something to look forward to?

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

quote:
How quick a recharge is it with Hasten? Can you get more than one going at a time with just one enhancement, or is that something to look forward to?

The recharge is fairly quick... a little shorter than PA with hasten and three recharge reduction slots. I can get two Phants out for a decent period of time and can run around with two phants and a PA.

Phantasms have a really cool power... they can make decoys, so you could end up with a small army if the battle goes on long enough.

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Wowsers!

OK, time to do some work on Princess! Oh, wait, Grev gets his own pet soon. Decisions, decisions!!

--------------------
Geek Watch

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
That sounds really cool! Can't wait to see him

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

I can't wait, either... now I just have to relearn teaming.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
10 page preview for Mark Waid's CoH comic up at Newsarama.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
My thoughts on the new book? Eh. I can take it or leave it. I know it is only 10 pages but it didn't catch me at all.

I know its been awhile since I played the game but since when was archery and bow & arrow a power choice?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:

gets a pet ...

Blue, Condo's been in a number of arena duels. It is a challenge but he's far from useless. You just have to be aware of your limitations and not try to go head to head with a scrapper or tanker. Condo spends most of his time in the air, blasting away.

In team duels in particular, blasters can be very useful in taking out the controllers & defenders of the other team in order to allow your teammates to survive.

The arena is actually much more challenging than what we are accustomed to in regular CoH battles. It would be fun to try it with a Legion team.

Blue's not an energy blaster, he's an AR, Vee. In
the 40s you'll begin to run into people who have
Epic powers ... and apparently, Scrappers with
eye beams get a critical hit with their eyebeams.
Then too the Regen Scrappers rate at that level
is simply outstanding.

I'm not saying it's impossible for a blaster to
be effective in the arena, but from what I've
been reading it's not a lot of fun at Blue's
level to go one on one. For example,one of the
things that Scrappers get in their Epic power
set aside from energy beams is a hold ... I've
seen a level 47 Scrapper hold probably a handful
of baddies with one of Grev's dark holds almost
as well as Grev can.

As I said, it's not that I think it's impossible,
but I don't think I'm going to enjoy it that much
with Blue.

[ April 13, 2005, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Blue Battler ]

Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
My thoughts on the new book? Eh. I can take it or leave it. I know it is only 10 pages but it didn't catch me at all.

I know its been awhile since I played the game but since when was archery and bow & arrow a power choice?

It's one of the things that's coming. I want to
try the pistol scrapper myself. 8-)

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

quote:
Wowsers!

OK, time to do some work on Princess! Oh, wait, Grev gets his own pet soon. Decisions, decisions!!

Here's a couple binds for the Princess:

/bind lshift+lmouse "powexec_name Phantasm"
/bind lctrl+lmouse "powexec_name Phantom Army"

Basically hold the shift key (on the left side of the keyboard) and click to set off a phantasm and hold Ctrl (on the left side of the keyboard) and click to set off PA.

Whooo-hoo! Hit 33 last night and now have Phantasm quad-slotted. I can just barely get a third one but with their extra damage I'm okay with solo missions set to invincible. Invincible! I'm curious if I can manage invincible when I'm on a team. I'm loving outdoor missions since there's no downtime whenever I see elevators.

('course I realize I'll be tenacious again if I hit 40.)

After you guys do Bastion, maybe we can see if Prism can pump up other Legionnaires' XP. I'm gonna have to do a lot of hunting based on the XP I'm getting... at 33 and a bubble I'm halfway through 2 and a half of the tier's five story arcs.

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.