Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 80)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok this might not be the place but im sure some of you are aware of my drama of getting the dam game.

Anyway I won it in an ebay action waited a month for it to show up. I emailed the guy and got an email back saying he mailed it when he got my money and will look into it. I waited a week and emailed again, No responce I have emailed twice since then , No responce.
I will now have to take it up with ebay (Bet they do nothing) but the problem is how do I even get in touch with them? I have looked all over the action page and can find no way of contacting ebay. I also havent left feedback do you think I should leave negative feedback at this point or would it just piuss him off he is one of these ebay shops with 328 feedbacks and a 99.4% rating so I dont think a bad feedback will damage him in anyway anyhow.

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Been I while since I've had to do anything like that on eBay since most of my transactions have been positive and smooth. I think I would send one more email in which I let him know that I would leave negative feedback and be filing a complaint with eBay if he does not resolve the problem or refund your money within a specified amnount of time. I would also make sure that you have saved copies of all the communications you've sent so that you can provide them to eBay.

eBay won't get you your money back but they will ban the guy if this is something that he has done with others. If I recall, you can get to the correct place on eBay by following links to "Safe Harbor" or something like that.

Did you pay him through an online payment service like PayPal? If so, you might also contact them with your complaint PB. They could block his account until he resolves the issue. Also if you paid by credit card, I would dispute the charges through them. Then they will help to resolve it for you or refund the money to your account and backcharge him.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Try this link PolarBoy. It goes to eBay's "Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described Process" page.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually try this one instead. It goes to the same page but on eBay's Australian site.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
We'll miss you Scott -- it was good having one of the founders around. Guess that means Vee will have to make an LL alt now to add to his menagerie. [Smile]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
This is going to sound stupid, but what is City of Heroes and How and Where do I get it?

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Viv, City of Heroes is a MMPRPG (Massive Multi Player Role Playing Game). It IS graphics intensive so be sure your computer meets the minimum requirements.

*Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
*Pentium 3 800 Mhz or AMD Anthlon 800 Mhz or better
*256 MB RAM
*DVD Rom drive
*2GB of available space on hard drive
*GeoForce 2 series or ATI Radeon 8500 series video card or better
*16 bit sound card
*56K modem or better
*Direct-X 9.0 (this comes with the program
*keyboard and mouse

Although 256 MB of RAM is the minimum, it would definitely be better if you had 512 or even more.

In order to play you have to do 2 things:

1) Buy the game and install it on your computer. It's available in most computer/electronics stores like CompUSA, Best Buys, etc or from online sources like Amazon.

Last time I looked the standard edition was selling for about $29.99. There is also a Collecotrs Edition that includes a HeroClix figure and some other stuff, but it sold for $49.99 and none of the extras are necessary although some are kind of neat, like the collector edition only power that lets you sort of sidewalk surf instead of run (with a neat graphic) but it's not necessary to get the more expensive edition.

2) You also need to establish an online game account at PlayNC (this is where the monthly fee comes in) You do get a free month of play when you purchase the game but you still need to establish the account.

You can get more info by going to the City of Heroes website

If you decide to join, be sure to let us know on this thread so we can look for you. There are 8 different servers to play on so I would start with Virtue servers since that is our most active Legion group.

Ask if you have any questions. It's a blast so I hope you decide to join us! [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to hear about your troubles Polar Boy that sounds so frustrating.

I just realized something. I still haven't used my Valentine's serial number (my valentine flaked). I hear it still can be used to get the game, though you don't get the free trial period (meaning free software, but you have to start paying for access from the beginning).

I'm going to have to check on how do I find my serial number, since I deleted it after passing it on, but if I do and it works maybe we can get you into Paragon City after all.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd love to join, except for this, I'm a College student, that can't drive and doesn't have a job or finicial aide.

quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Last time I looked the standard edition was selling for about $29.99.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Tas, Grev and Condo are on Virtue if anyone wants to join us.

--------------------

Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What time are people gathering tonight for Legion Night on Virtue?
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sorry I missed you last night, DL. I logged on a bit after 8 EST and didn't see an SGers on, so I switched over to Infinity, where I ran into Lar Gand. Now that I see the writing under your Avatar, I realize I did see your name in the LSH thread. I don't know everyone's Global Chat handles yet, so I didn't say hi.

"Official" start time is 9 EST. That's usually when PSTers and MSTers have a better chance of logging on, but Vee and I usually get on around 7 or 8 EST.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the offer Lyle Lyle thats really nice but wouldn't I still need the software?

Anyway the guy emailed me back asking for the date of the paypal payment and my address so maybe it will be sorted soon.

--------------------

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy

so whats been going on after the big snowmen dissapeared has something come along to rplace them?

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

No big events since the Winter Lord. The developers have been pouring their resources into the big Issue 4 update, which will include new costume options (not enough, from what I've see on the test server -- I want as many partial nudity options for men as there are for women, kilts, flowing robes and wings!) and big arenas where players can go head to head in consensual battles.

--------------------
Geek Watch

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.