Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 72)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
The new comic looks awesome!!

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sigh. Okay, Prism got an invite to the Terra Volta TF last night and I figured 'why not'...

So. We get (rather quickly, it's short) to the last mission and it turns out the end can be ninja'ed. Since Prism's build for that, I'm sent onto that task. I ask 'What am I looking for?' since it's not clear on the Nav bar... 'Just keep going to the end' the leader tells me.

Well, I keep going and going and it turns out the last part is like the cape mission... there's a room where you have to stop the bad guys from attacking an object and once you enter they start. Since my instructions were to keep going I kept going and entered the room that sets them off.

I mention that I'm in a radioactive room (entering does damage) and there's no panic from any team members. In fact, I ask if that's where I want to be and the initial response is "just go to the end" once again. I ask if that means I want to go through the radioactive room and he calmly clarifies that we want the room before. So I'm teleporting teammates in and, well, we all die quickly when the mission fails because I gave them so much time to destroy the reactor.

Sigh.

Anyway, turns the first TV TF is a really short TF... three missions, one and a half that can be ninja'ed.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Aren't you also supposed to keep grabbing coolant backpacks or something to keep the reactor from blowing? Seems to me whoever organinzed the mission was very poorly informed or rather did a very poor job of informing his teammates!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Aren't you also supposed to keep grabbing coolant backpacks or something to keep the reactor from blowing? Seems to me whoever organinzed the mission was very poorly informed or rather did a very poor job of informing his teammates!

Did not even know about the coolant backpacks. We were really poorly informed... worse we had one teammate who had claimed to have just done the mish and didn't answer my questions, either. (If you're on a pickup team and one person's giving vague directions I don't see why you wouldn't chime in... unless you're busy chatting with your SG.)

The leader knew the TF because he was able to explain what went wrong... he just never thought (apparently) to warn me beforehand. Sigh. Bad first TV experience but a good learning experience, I suppose.

Sigh. At least I know how that mish goes, now. Good influence. Died too many times to say it was good XP.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Anyone going to be on tonight?

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Anyone going to be on tonight?

I was but then my honey's business trip ended early and I need to clean up...

Anyway, check out the cool flash intro to the Korean website:
http://www.coh.co.kr

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I did the Terra Volta mish with Blue once.
Basically what you do is fight your way to
the reactor room. Before you enter the room
itself, there's a machine that you need to
expose yourself to because it bubbles you
up so you don't take rad damage while you're
in the reactor room. The protection doesn't
last forever, so you have to keep an eye on
it and hop back to get bubbled up again when
your bubble expires.

You use coolant belts to keep the reactor
stable after it's attacked. Blue's attempt
involved Freaks. I was exemped down to level
35 for it. I think the level 24 mish involves
sky raiders, and the upper end involves
Rikti.

We failed too, Lyle, when our healer got
shoved into the reactor and couldn't get
out.

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Yeah, we faught Sky Raiders, including a buncha those scary Sky Skiffs. We should do that TF sometime, tho, it was kinda fun and the exercise felt pretty cool.

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the Virtue team is high enough for that.
That could be fun.

Blue Battler
Honorary

Will the Legion be playing tonight?
Vee
Still smoooooth!

I will. I'd like to either do the Cavern Trial (finally) or maybe attempt the TV Trial. What about everyone else?

--------------------

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

FYI, Amazon's having a "Friday Special" on the DVD edition... $19.99!

I understand that includes a free month of CoH, so that seems a reasonable price for the slide and cape.

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

One thing about the Terra Volta trial,
guys. You only get a limited number of
respecs from it. I think the limit is
about 3 or 4 respecs.

I'm not sure what would happen if we
did it multiple times. You can get an
SO instead of the respec, but I don't
know if that saves the respec option
for you at a later try.

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Wow! Congrats Seymour! I see Grev made it to 29! Awesome!

--------------------

Scottybones
Passive

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scottybones   Author's Homepage   Email Scottybones         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey late comer to the conversation....but if anyone plays on virtue....look me up..i play a character called 88.

scotty b

From: new jersey | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.