Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 71)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Ps - Lardy, you are so right on the Voice. I'm quasi into it, but my wife really is. But c'mon--what the HELL is Christina thinking? She's my girl from waaaay back (the dirrrty video changed my life [Big Grin] ) but she is definitely the worst coach.

It was also telling how when Blake and his four did a song together, he let each shine in a big way without taking any spotlight, while with Christina did the total opposite.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I noticed that, too. Blake didn't have a single solo part while Christina hogged most of the spotlight. I mean...that outfit alone! [LOL]

Usually, I'm not into singing competitions or even most reality shows in general, other than Survivor. There were two seasons of American Idol where I was into the final 10 or 12. But there's something about the Voice that has hooked me this season and its debut last summer.

Coming into this week, I thought Christina's and Ceelo's teams were the ones to beat. But Christina has all but insured her team won't win by eliminating Jesse.

BTW, did you hear the lady on Ceelo's team do "Roxanne" the previous week? That was AMAZING! [Yes]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Grimm is turning out to be a pretty fun show. Anyone watching it?
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I watched the first four episodes or so, then stopped. There just wasn't enough to draw me in. Wouldn't be surprised if it's gotten better since then. I also jumped off shows like Fringe and Lost early on and ended up returning and becoming a big fan.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It's definitely turned out to be one of the big surprises of the season.

It's got the basic problem that the longer it goes on, the more improbable it seems that this secret culture of Wesen are living among us, since like half the population seem to belong to it, but once you get past that, the build up of mythology is actually getting pretty cool.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Yeah, I noticed that, too. Blake didn't have a single solo part while Christina hogged most of the spotlight. I mean...that outfit alone! [LOL]

Usually, I'm not into singing competitions or even most reality shows in general, other than Survivor. There were two seasons of American Idol where I was into the final 10 or 12. But there's something about the Voice that has hooked me this season and its debut last summer.

Coming into this week, I thought Christina's and Ceelo's teams were the ones to beat. But Christina has all but insured her team won't win by eliminating Jesse.

BTW, did you hear the lady on Ceelo's team do "Roxanne" the previous week? That was AMAZING! [Yes]

Lardy, did you see last night's ep? My wife was ready to try to pull Christina through the television screen and slap her upside her head! She's officially joined the Christina haters, which seem to be a groundswell movement online. I can't blame 'em.

But all four had great performances. I really like Tony Lucca and if he won I'd be happy, but I have to say, Jermaine is probably my favorite.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Yeah, I watched it. Don't know why Christina's so snarky to her old Mickey Mouse mate Tony. But I have to applaud her for allowing Chris Mann to go through on her team without interference. Lindsey was cute, but Chris is clearly better than her on her team.

Speaking of Tony, I like him, but I was in love with singing of his blonde teammate Katrina (you know the cubicle lady). I thought she was just great and got better every week, while Tony, IMO, peaked with the Britney Spears cover. If Adam hadn't given Tony the 60/40 edge, Katrina would've been in the finale.

Jermaine has the edge I think. Either him or Chris should win.

I love Juliet, but she's a little inconsistent. She didn't do so well on "Free Bird" or with "Crying" a coupla weeks ago, imo, while she killed it on "Roxanne" and "Man's World".

All in all, it's a terrific final four, if not my ideal line-up. Jesse and Katrina were my choices for Teams Christina and Adam. But the four who are there are terrific.

--------------------

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
I miss The Voice already.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Sherlock Series Two finally made it's North American debut and didn't disappoint. Can't wait for Baskervilles next week.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by Raging Bull:
Mad Men, but I'm not really feeling it this season. The hiatus was so long that it sometimes feels like I'm watching a parody of Mad Men.

I'm a longtime fan and I'm also not getting into it yet this season. Something feels like it's missing--some kind of tension, or I don't know what. I'm hoping it picks up.
It's picking up a little but I'm still not 100% feeling it. I think the blame lays on what's going on with Don. Which is really not all that much that is exciting. Subsequently, I now find Megan a bit irritating. I do get that their showing the generation gap in the 60's and how the culture was changing and find it fascinating.

Peggy is as awesome as ever, and she's basically carrying the show.

Meanwhile, Pete is back to being someone I dislike. And Roger, while reclaiming a certain charm that has been missing since the third season, needs to continue along his character arc this season so it can get exciting.

Ken has continued to emerge as a favorite. Joan is fantastic. Lane is a great character. Even Sally is great. I need a healthy dose of them each episode to balance out the boring Don stories.

Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
Sherlock Series Two finally made it's North American debut and didn't disappoint. Can't wait for Baskervilles next week.

Definitely enjoyed it, though a bit annoyed that Click Here For A SpoilerIrene Adler didn't quite beat Sherlock in the end.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Underworld: Awakening. And wondering if the Danny Mcbride that was part of creating the characters is the same one from Land of the Lost and East bound and down.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Sherlock: Hounds of the Baskerville was a bit of a letdown. I had the mystery solved early and didn't find it the best episode (while still good, it just wasn't up to Sherlock's High standards). I wonder if the 8 minutes PBS lopped off made a difference?
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, definitely the weakest episode of Sherlock so far.

In semi-related matters, "Elementary" sounds completely awful.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Of all the new shows annoucned, "Vegas" by CBS looks to be the possible best. It also has what looks like the best cast, complete with Michael Chiklis who finally returns to television after his jaw-droppingly phenomenal run on the Shield.
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.