Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Prism, Seymour, I know that you two are illusion
controllers, and I thought you'd appreciate
hearing this given how hard it can be for
controllers to solo. Grem's Elusian character
hit 32 this week and she got a Phantasm. If you
guys think Phantom Army is something, wait until
you see what a Phantasm can do!

It can not only fight as an energy blaster, it
can make a duplicate of itself. And it kicks
nass on a major scale.

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't get a chance to get a pic of Prism's cape before we logged so hopefully he'll post his here.

Here is the result of our first attempt at Prism's cape mission.

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
And here is the front, back and an upclose pic of the brooch Garth chose for his cape. I figured since lightning wasn't available this one fit his Adventure era look.

-  -  -

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

And here is Tas'.

-  -

Erg-One
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Erg-One   Email Erg-One         Edit/Delete Post     
Well let us know where is best... we were thinking of being on Virtue tommorow, but if we do move to infinity on thursday let us know so we can make chars there and post here what our names will be.
From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, nice capes you guys!

Blue would approve of Garth's. [Big Grin]

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
BTW, that's Prism in his white cape & outfit in the background of Tas' back view. He looks awesome as well.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brainy Ack 5
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brainy Ack 5   Email Brainy Ack 5         Edit/Delete Post     
any verdict on legion night?
Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
BTW, that's Prism in his white cape & outfit in the background of Tas' back view. He looks awesome as well.

Thanks, Vee. I wanted to create a cape that wasn't monochromatic, but there weren't any color schemes that don't mess the spectral theme except pink, which seemed a bit much to me.

There's lots of cool cape designs, tho. I really want to get more characters up to 20 now... so many design possibilities. I almost want to pick out a character to focus on based on cape possibilities...

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
There's a bunch of teasers showing up on the boards, here's my summary of 'em:

The most exciting teaser is that there will be origin-specific missions coming to the game, which should help explain the origins' backstory in Paragon City (are mutants hated and feared? does Heidi Foss dream of bitch slapping Countess Crey? what’s the magic community like?) Mutants and science heroes are the first to get origin-specific missions, starting in Update 3 with more coming down the line.

The zones are also getting attention starting in Update 3. Zone-specific events are coming up, which will also enrich the game's backstory. As an example of a zone-specific event, Statesman suggested a gang war breaking out in Perez Park (tho that's not something being worked on). Starting with Update 3, the original zones will also start getting a makeover with the goal of giving each zone their own character. I hope this means Boomtown gets to be a little more interesting. The Ritki Crash Site and the Shadow Shard are getting tweaks to make them more appealing zones for people to play in.

There's lots of talk of powers, natch. Statesman has talked about a must-have list of new powers that includes bows, sonics, shields magnetism, street fighting and pistols. Web slinging, however won't be coming any time soon due to the difficulty. Eventually, States wants each power set to have a total of 10 powers. Power pools are likely to get extended to five powers each and teleport will finally get that "teleport to point on map" power that many players have wanted. I'm still hoping for a "teleport to friend" power.
Meanwhile, the more immediate changes to powers are focused on Dark Armor, Ice Armor, Stone Armor and the fear effects. The armors' fx are being redone and will become "stackable" (meaning two armors can run at the same time) and fear powers will become a type of hold power. The timetable for these changes hasn’t been settled yet, so it's uncertain if they'll be a part of Update 3. One thing that the CoH team is trying to get into Update 3 is a gameplay change that will make it easier for brawlers to hit runners (right now a scrapper or tanker has to get in front of an fleeing foe to get a hit in). After Update 3 the next concern will be figuring out how to rework tankers and controllers to make the archetypes more effective in the game.

The epic archetypes will include 2 types and a total of 32 new primary secondary powers.

Also, level 50 will remain the ceiling for the time being.
There are also some good "quality of life" issues being worked on. The previously-discussed Alliance Chat will be a part of Update 3, which will be useful to a lot of players. However, the most demanded change is coming... yes, indeed, we will have stores showing up on the navigation maps (though it's not promised for Update 3).

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Vee
Still smoooooth!

It sounds like we're all agreed that Legion Night will move to Thursday nights. I know Blue wants to work on the Infinity group so he can get Star leveled up, so lets plan on doing Legion Night there this week.

Which begs the question...where do we go tonight? [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brainy Ack 5
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brainy Ack 5   Email Brainy Ack 5         Edit/Delete Post     
ok I will try and get a char at least to 5 tonight will that be ok for sk (and we are sure it will be 50s era right so I'm not the only one with a bad haircut)
Vee
Still smoooooth!

[LOL]

Yes we've all got Adventure era chars over there, Brainy.

--------------------

Brainy Ack 5
Applicant

Ok then I will try to get on tonight and work on it I reserved the name Brainy V on infinity so anyone who wants to hang out there tonight just send me a tell. ERG doesn't know what he is going t o be there yet. (if there is already a Brainy lets work something out like he cloned himself to get more work done but now doesn't know which one is the original i.e. Ben Reilly)
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Actually there are TWO Brainys on Infinity I think, LyleLyle's Querl Dox, and DMFirebow's Dox 5.1 but don't worry about it. We survived two of them somehow without getting blown to kingdom come so far. Maybe we'll survive 3 of them also! [Big Grin]

[ November 10, 2004, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.