Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 69)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Yo Gabba Gabba.
Dani loves the bright colours and all the singing and dancing, especially when I sing and dance along with the show for her.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm glad "Justified" started up again. Not the best thing in the world, but better than most.

Speaking of cops in hats, I've been catching up with "Prime Suspect" in Demand and I like it a lot - it's too bad people were so turned off by Maria Bello's ladyballs. (I don't know what it is, but it seems they promoted it all wrong - who knows?)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Watched "A Serious Man" last night. Still thinking about it, mulling over the "difficult" ending. Not sure if the movie was successful or not, but there were some great individual scenes.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Somebody at work recommended the cartoon Archer: a parody of Sixties spy epics. I could only get clips (no cable or satellite), but it does look pretty amusing.

Also caught what I think is the last episode of Bob's Burgers. It reminds me of why I never followed my Mom into the restaurant biz.

[LOL]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ Archer is HIL-ARIOUS! I think it would definitely appeal to the Venture Bros./Community/etc.-appreciating crowd here at Legion World.

I've only seen the first season though. Definitely need to track down the others.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I just finished watching the first episode of the new NBC show "Smash." It does have every making-of-a-musical cliche, but this kind of story has been neglected in TV and movies for so long, that it feels fresh, or at the very least like an old friend one hasn't seen for a while. And I thought it was well-written and well-cast -- my favorite is Katherine McPhee as the small-town girl with dreams of stardom.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Pretty impressed by the premiere of "The River"!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
LOVED the pilot ep of SMASH... I'm onboard.

Have debated NETFLIXing ARCHER for awhile... now I am convinced to proceed with it!

AAaaaaand, was waiting to hear someone whose opinion I respect report on THE RIVER... so consider it HULU'ed!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH classic:
LOVED the pilot ep of SMASH... I'm onboard.

YAY!

[Cheers]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

SMASH episode 2: IN LOVE WITH IT.

I empathized with both actresses up for the role, and had to dab a tear for both of them last night. Also touched by the final scene at the adoption meeting and Anjelica's joy at not losing her director.

I love everything about SMASH, but I did spend some time in the theatre world in the 90s so that's not a big surprise to me.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I'm waiting until the weekend to watch the next episode of "Smash" so I can savor it and so I won't be tired from staying up late. After reading Lash's review, I'm even more excited about it.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Just watched episodes 3 and 4 of SMASH... yeah, there's a lot of "cliche" kinda stuff going on here... jealousies, diva-ness, cheating, etc. and I am *LOVING* every minute of it. Let's face it, this is what happens in theatre.

Much more realistic to me than GLEE ever could hope to be.

--------------------

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
The last couple episodes of "Game of Thrones" just to review. April 1st can't get here too soon.

Also "Young Justice" and "Green Lantern" with my boy. They're basically fulfilling my superhero fix these days.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Cant wait for Game of Thrones to restart!

I highly recommend Archer--fall off the couch hilarious! The humor is abbrasive that it's engrossing.

Drake, I also like Justified quite a bit. We've always kind of liked the same shows.

For example, I've been rewatching all 7 seasons of the Shield, which is the best cop show ever IMO, and one of the best TV shows ever. Just finished the finale of season 5 this past weekend--whew, I forgot how tough the show is on it's viewers. I've got my wife totally hooked, and shes been a trooper handling the rough subject matter. The show amazingly contains what I consider the greatest performances ever by both Glen Close and Forrest Whitaker.

Also, a show I think is really funny is New Girl.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I just watched a British film that I really enjoyed, called, "Exam".

The premise is this:

There are eight final candidates competing for an extremely prestigious position within a corporation.

Having reached the final selection stage, they are brought into an exam room with a single piece of paper sitting on their desk and are told they have 80 minutes to answer a single question to determine who gets the job.

They are given a block of instruction containing a few key points which will result in their disqualification, namely - They may not spoil their paper in any way, they may not leave the room for any reason, and they may not attempt to communicate with the armed guard at the door.

The timer begins, they flip their papers over... and they are completely blank.

Thus begins a nice 80 minute suspenseful puzzler of a film that completely held my interest throughout. It is basically a character study piece of the candidates themselves, where each minute escalates the tension between this group, and the lengths that each will go to ensure that they are the only one to answer correctly.

I did find the ending a little less than what I had hoped, but the journey there was quite engaging.

Recommended.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.