Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you READING? (Page 69)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...  89  90  91   
Author Topic: So what are you READING?
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Fat Cramer, a good friend of mine read Monster of Florence and said it was real good. I didn't put two and two together...didn't realize he was the guy that wrote the Pendergast novels. Need to read his works asap. I'm interested in both The Monster and the Pendergast stuff.

by the way guys not sure if I mentioned this before here but there is a good website called

www.goodreads.com

It's kind of like a myspace or book club. It helps me keep track of what I read and what people have suggested, etc.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I am currently reading "Methuseleh's Children" by Heinlein, and before that I read the third Tarzan book, which was preceeded by David Brin's "The Practice Effect," which was kind of a snoozer.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I bit the best seller bug and read Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. It's a real adventure/page turner, with pretty shallow characters. Also, I think he credits the Freemasons with much higher thinking than they actually practice, but what do I know.

The most interesting aspect for me was the description of all the symbolism (and its history) which has been incorporated into American architecture, city planning, rituals, language, etc. I haven't read any interviews or reviews, but I'm assuming this is factual, or mostly factual.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Lisa Lutz's Curse of the Spellmans. Second book of a series. Like the first book, it's hilarious.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
The Flash: Stop Motion

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I finished "Burning Chrome" by William Gibson. It contained a collection of his short stories. Johnny Mnemonic was pretty good, but the best story in the book was Dogfight. Really nice read. The rest of the book was a little lacking. Frankly, Gibson's success mystifies me somewhat.

I am currently reading the 4th Tarzan book, "The Son of Tarzan." So for I am about halfway through it, and it is easily the best of the Tarzan books I have read thus far.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
In the middle of Jeff Gordinier's X Saves the World. It's right in my wheelhouse; it's one of the more entertaining GenX books I've read.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Unseen Academicals from Terry Pratchett.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

This Immortal by Roger Zelazny. I got lucky and found Lord of Light, Madwand, and This Immortal in a used bookstore along with a Louis L'Amour book I never had before. Got all four books for less than fifteen dollars.

I love those lil' mom and pop places.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Was WARBREAKER the one that had color-based magic, Arachne? If so, I enjoyed it (though apparently not enough to remember the title...)

Did you know that author has been finishing the recently-deceased Robert Jordan's WHEEL OF TIME series?

The first volume of the trilogy that concludes WHEEL OF TIME is out. It's called THE GATHERING STORM. I enjoyed it-- it was fun revisiting this 'world' after so long.

And some events actually come together and reach conclusions, of a sort.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's the one. I'm really enjoying it. Maybe not as much as the Mistborn trilogy, though. That knocked Song of Ice and Fire out of my top epic fantasy spot.

Funny you should mention The Gathering Storm, someone mentioned it on another board yesterday and I saw it in the store today. I gave up on that series a long time ago, though.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

I am currently reading "The Broken Crown" by Michelle West. It's kind of a snoozer, so I read 1 chapter per day. The rest of my reading time is taken up by Gary Jennings "The Journeyer." Much better.
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Just finished Get Real, the last Dortmunder story we'll ever see, by the late great Donald Westlake. What are we going to do without Westlake?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

lancesrealm
amiable

I just finished the 5th Tarzan book, "Tarzan and the Jewels of Opar." It was nowhere near as good as the last book in the series.

I have just started on one of the early Forgotten Realms novels, "Pool of Radiance."

This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...  89  90  91   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.