Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 67)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Have not seen it yet but my father-in-law (who has good taste in television shows IMO) says its really fantastic. The acting, as expected, is top-notch with the groovy Michael Emerson and the equally awesome Jim Caviezal.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been trying to watch farscape, but the main actor is such a ham, and... puppets? Sorry, it just doesn't work for me. Though, they've got some very attractive ladies on it.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<== [Love] Aeryn Sun!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Yah know, she has a distinctive face. Not a classically beautiful face, but a distinctive face. But, on her, it absolutely works. Very attractive lady. Didn't she do a guest spot on The Dresden Files?

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Not sure. I remember Claudia Black (Aeryn) appeared on Stargate in its last seasons around the same time Ben Browder/Crichton moved over to that series. Never was a Stargate fan, but I watched some episodes because those two were on it.

Claudia also was in the excellent sci-fi movie "Pitch Black" with Vin Diesel. She was an unfortunate early casualty in that one.

Classically beautiful or not, I'm a fan of hers!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Oh no, she's beautiful, don't get me wrong. She has a distinctive face, not some blandly pretty face like say... Gwennyth Paltrow. That's why it works, her face is not only beautiful, it has character. Plus, she's got that husky voice. Grrrrooowwwwwwlllll!

--------------------

Something pithy!

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved FARSCAPE. It did take a half-dozen or so episodes to really 'gel', I think. But if you're turned off by the main guy's hamminess, which I found fun, really, and didn't stop thinking of the puppets as puppets, you might not ever tune in.

Claudia Black ought to turn up in projects much more often. She's a good actress, in addition to her distinctive looks and great voice.

I've been watching ONCE UPON A TIME and GRIMM, both of which I really like. The first is much more ambitious in scope, I think. I was a bit shocked to see Kate Burton kicking butt in GRIMM, though. In a good way.

I also really like, in a guilty pleasure sort of way, REVENGE. It keeps swerving in ways I didn't expect. Hard to see the girl from EVERWOOD as someone as hardcore as her character here, at least at first.

I just watched HOW TO TRAIN A DRAGON- which I missed in theaters (not hard to do- my movie-going's really dropped off in the last couple of years). I thoroughly enjoyed this cartoon. It was sort of fitting to watch it just after Anne McCaffrey died. It reminded me how much I wanted a dragon to ride as a teenager (and still do, to tell the truth).

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
EDE, Lardy, Cobie... are you still into TERRA NOVA? I've watched the first 2 eps on HULU and am interested enough to continue. I'm mesmerized by the combo of high-tech and dinosaurs!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't been keeping up with it regularly, though I've caught an episode or two since the premiere. It still strikes me as good, though not anything that's a must watch. If it.gets renewed, I'll probably go through and watch the whhole season.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't watched an episode since #2. It was good and if I can watch it I will but it wasn't something I just *had* to watch.

If people were raving about it, I'd definitely check out what I've missed.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Also, 'Hell on Wheels' has been freaking fantastic! AMC can do no wrong, honestly. The three best shows on television and this one is looking good too.

I'm 2 episodes into it and absolutely love this show. It turned into something that I wasn't expecting...which is a good thing,

Anson Mount is a good lead, but Colm Meaney totally steals this show though in my opinion.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH classic:
EDE, Lardy, Cobie... are you still into TERRA NOVA?

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I haven't been keeping up with it regularly, though I've caught an episode or two since the premiere. It still strikes me as good, though not anything that's a must watch.

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I haven't watched an episode since #2. It was good and if I can watch it I will but it wasn't something I just *had* to watch.

I echo Edie and Cobie's opinions exactly. Nothing wrong with the show, but nothing "must watch" about it either. Maybe with Walking dead on hiatus, I'll catch back up with it. We'll see...

IMO, best new series to this point goes to "Once Upon a Time" of the ones I've checked out. [Yes]

--------------------

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw a great documentary on the big screen a few months back called, "The Cave of Forgotten Dreams," and, since then, have been working my way through the works of director, Werner Herzog. The man himself seems batsh!t crazy, but he made some fantastic films.

I just watched his "Encounters at the End of The World" last night, and now I totally want to visit Antarctica.

Next up on the queue is his second of five films made with fellow insane person, Klaus Kinski, a film of particular note in Legion World circles: "Nosferatu the Vampyre".

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH classic:
EDE, Lardy, Cobie... are you still into TERRA NOVA? I've watched the first 2 eps on HULU and am interested enough to continue. I'm mesmerized by the combo of high-tech and dinosaurs!

I saw the first episode of Outcasts -- the british tv series Terra Nova is based/spun from. I liked it, it seemed for a bit older crowd than Terra Nova - it was kinda intense/darker. Apollo from BSG is on it and the guy from Ugly Betty too. (Betty's boss)

I'm loyally following Ringer, it's my favorite new show, there are so many twists and turns each episode.

I'm also watching Grim, it's pretty good, I like it because it's a bunch of done in ones so far, and the comical werewolf helps.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I was at my buddies' place yesterday evening, watching some of Nick Park's work: A Matter of Loaf and Death and Shaun the Sheep.

As usual, really nice looking work, but I admit it irritated me that of course the evildoer was an "old"/fat woman. Because of course a few extra pounds/years makes us all homicidal maniacs out to destroy men and/or their friendships with one another, doncha' know. Thanks, Nick.

[Roll Eyes]

"Shaun the Sheep" involved the flock "inventing" rugby, using a cabbage that fell off the back of a passing truck... to the consternation of the neighborhood pigs, who wanted the cabbage for themselves. It was really adorable.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.