Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 62)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Man oh man, WLs are poppin all over 2-3 at a time. BEauty is sheparding a group of 8-12s at the moment and we 're smokin! [Big Grin]

Hmmmm, would anyone like to group on Pinnacle? Captain Hottie is around level 26 and would be happy to help level a group... perhaps in Galaxy where there'd be less competition? Or maybe we could be wild and go to Steel?
Same goes for any of you wanting to level up your historical characters on Victory. I'll try to put aside some time tonight to play. Assuming I get to leave work before morning. [Mad]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Guys...

I'm in something called the Shadow Shard...

It's unfreakin' believable. i'm going to try
to post some screenshots tonight... you won't
believe this place ...

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Same goes for any of you wanting to level up your historical characters on Victory. I'll try to put aside some time tonight to play. Assuming I get to leave work before morning. [Mad]

Hmmm, I'd certainly like to get my Victory characters out of their rut... the 4th of July Kid could use some help especially.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Seymour and I are on Virtue with his Saturn Lady and my newest creation, Mighty Mon. The hunting is still great!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm finishing up dinner now, so I'll be on soon...

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, guys. I was taking screenshots like a
tourist on vacation, but I figured you guys
wouldn't want to see all of them. This one is
a shot of Blue in his 4th costume-- what I refer
to as his Kick Butt Outfit-- standing in the
Shadow Shard. It's a cool, almost surreal place
and I can't wait until the Legion can go there.

Click for fullsize image

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry I didn't get on tonight guys. After getting off work late and rushing home to take Caroline to look at the car I was just too dead. And if I have to even think about putting my contacts in before work in the morning I'll tear my eyes out. Damn inversion!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Hehe! I don't know what I'm going to do when the WL is finally gone. I'm just having way too much fun with him around! [Big Grin]

Mon went from "birth" to level 10 last night, thanks in great part to Seymour's Saturn Lady (It was great having her make an appearance again.) and SunBoy.

This winter event has also been a great way to meet lots of other Legion fans. Last night I found myself standing next to "Ferric Lad" in the sandlot below Blue Steel. Turns out he's a big Legion fan and just got CoH for Christmas from his wife. He had created FB (who looks awesome, BTW), Val Armorr, and Lectric Lad ( [Big Grin] ) and had been playing them on his own. He was thrilled to find out that their was a Legion inspired SG and we inducted him. He also want to get his others into the SG.

ANother of our teammates turned out to be a Legion fan also and asked if he could make a char in order to join (the char he was playing ~ a devices blaster ~ wasn't appropriate in his opinion) He eventually logged off in order to create him but took forever and Seymour couldn't wait any longer. He finally logged in with his creation (Gusto Man) and sent me a tell. I replied telling him to send Saturn Lady an emial so she would know who to look for.

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Gusto Man? Sounds like fun. I'll add him to Grev's friends list. I didn't even think I should have just promoted Mighty Mon high enough to have invite privileges. I hope Gusto Man wasn't to PO'd. He never did actually say he was a Legion fan (when he was asking me about membership), just sent smilies whenever I mentioned it.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

New Smallville on tonight, gang. The teleporting
Fatal Attraction Girl from last season is making
a return... and she's bringing Red Kryptonite!

8-)

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

The 4th of July Kid hit level 14 last night (yea!) and got himself teleport, the travel power that fits his concept.

Bleah. It looks cool to see someone else use it but bleah. It's a major END drain... travelling a small distance depleted my bar and using it was pretty frustrating, too.

I'll love it once that "Teleport to point on map" power kicks in, tho.

I think I'm going to try to get Yesterday Girl some levels tonight... she's on either Guardian or Champion.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

[Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy]

Man I was SO bummed thinking that the Wls were going to be gone today! But look at this article I just found (at game spot, I think)...

The heroes of Paragon City need to break out their fur-lined capes as NCsoft and Cryptic Studios have kicked off the City of Heroes Winter Event
Sending us these screenshots from City of Heroes, NCsoft announced that an Winter Event will run for several months and new features will be added in stages during the life of the event. The event includes the appearance of a variety of snow beasts in most of Paragon City’s zones. Also, the colder temperatures will create ice sheets on many of Paragon City’s lakes and ponds. When a snow beast is defeated, heroes will be given gifts, including granting a temporary snowball power. The snowballs can be used on other heroes, with no ill effects except for the indignity of being hit by a snowball.

So I guess we WILL have Winter Lords to kick around for a while!

[Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy] [Bouncing Boy]

[ January 26, 2005, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Who's gonna bother with missions any more? [Smile]

Man, the lag around these things is gonna be terrible now. And, after last night, I'm wondering if the WLs are worth it after a certain level. At only 400, at best, XP per kill last night with so many heroes catching on, I think for the likes of Princess and Shadow Lad, even Saturn Lady, missions are better overall.

Speaking of missions, I noticed the last time I was on the test server that they were increasing the mission XP for teams of 4 or more -- the promised teaming carrot.

[ January 26, 2005, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Suddenly Seymour ]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Vee, we do
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
So I guess we WILL have Winter Lords to kick

Maybe, maybe not... the Winter Lords may not be a part of the next phase of the event. I like the speculation that we're heading towards the arrival of the Winter King, a snow AV.

BTW, which servers do you have free spots? I'll try to find a place for MULTIPLICITY tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Who's gonna bother with missions any more? [Smile]

Man, the lag around these things is gonna be terrible now. And, after last night, I'm wondering if the WLs are worth it after a certain level. At only 400, at best, XP per kill last night with so many heroes catching on, I think for the likes of Princess and Shadow Lad, even Saturn Lady, missions are better overall.

I think that may have been the point of the odd-setup, after all. I mean, it's sure exciting at lower levels, but farming WLs gets old fast unless you're a major altaholic.

Oh. Yeah. [Big Grin]

quote:
Speaking of missions, I noticed the last time I was on the test server that they were increasing the mission XP for teams of 4 or more -- the promised teaming carrot.

The boss rollback is there, too, which I can't wait for... Captain Hottie wants to finish the Freaklympics storyline.

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

Where will we be playing tomorrow night?
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.