Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 61)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think since the spawn rate for KR was much better and a mid lvl WL was there, that's why so many people were always in KR.

The Lords in Galaxy (Northwest corner, Southwest corner in Dark Nebula (?), Gemini Park and just in front of Brawler in Freedom was where they spawned) were few and far between. I was constantly running circles between all points and those four were the only ones that showed up in 90 minutes. Poe's fast enough that he would have been able to reach any one spawning ground in seconds. In fact the Northwest corner didn't spawn once last night. I got one in the Southwest corner (solo), one in Freedom and two in Gemini Park (one solo, one team).

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
The natural stores in IP and Talos are tricky. The SOs show up in the MIDDLE of the list of DOs. I missed them the first time I went and bought a bunch of DOs for Grev until someone insisted they were available, and I went back and scrolled through the list more slowly.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, that threw me also. Took me a while to check all the enhancements at the Mutation store and then spotted them in the middle of the list. You should also be able to start getting SOs from your lvl 25 contacts as soon as they open up their store completely.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still working through my lvl 20 contacts. Got a mission in the Hollows that I can now probably solo. But the next mission for the old gal in Striga says I might want to bring along a couple of friends.

But I'll have to go back and check on the SOs again. Thanks for letting me know they were there. I swear I checked the list but probably just over looked them. I rely a lot on their color since their descriptions get more and more vague.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, you can't rely on color when looking for the SOs. Keep an eye on the prices. When they start getting into 5 digits, you're in the SOs.

The old gal in Striga will wind up selling you magic SOs (and a friend or two probably isn't a bad idea for that mish, but if you can solo a Winter Lord, you can probably solo that mish). Long Jack, or whatever his name is, the first contact she'll introduce you to, is supposed to sell naturals, but when Grev got to him, he didn't have a store, missions or anything available. I don't know if I outleveled him or haven't hit his level yet.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Yay! Servers are back and so are the WLs! See you in Paragon! [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm, you soloed the Winter Lord, Scott? That doesn't sound right, I thought update 3 was supposed to make all monsters ramp up to purple difficulty so that no one could solo a monster. (And that's one case where I agree no one should be able to solo, giant monsters should require the whole JLA and the JLA reserves.)

I've been thinking there's something wrong with the 'all monsters con purple' and I think this confirmed it. This weekend Jade faught the Winter Lord and at level 14 she did no damage to the KR WL (level 10) unless Condo sk'ed her to 25. Later I faught him with Dynamo Kid a level 5 tank and did the kind of damage to the KR WL that I expected Jade to do.

Last night, on Infinity, KR was more than a little crazy with high-level players powerleveling other with the WL. Player conduct is one issue there but I saw one of these lvl 50s take a Winter Lord from 3/4 to zero in one shot... if we're not supposed to solo them then something is off.

Anyway, Bolt of Blue got to level 16 late last night, so he also could do Positron.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I think its crazy that you have to be almost four times the level to do any considerable damage. These things were worse than the Pumpkin Kings (or whatever they were called). I think that's why we saw so many 50 just coming in and taking them out in two shots. Although at their level 10,000 XP is nothing. It wouldn't even register on their bar.

I never heard that a monster (or AV for that matter) was strictly limited to teaming only. EAP couldn't take out Dr. Vaz without help and it still caused him to die three times IIRC. And I had Caroline helping me with one of her blasters. The only time I died fighting a WL was when my team in KR couldn't get to the rooftop to help me and I couldn't get the bastich to fall or jump off the roof. Then I took a pot shot at the only high level WL I saw (in IP, a 23 I think) and he had me down to just blinking life in two shots. Same level as me.

No matter which way you look at it, the damage is all screwey.

Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Yeah, you can't rely on color when looking for the SOs. Keep an eye on the prices. When they start getting into 5 digits, you're in the SOs.

The old gal in Striga will wind up selling you magic SOs (and a friend or two probably isn't a bad idea for that mish, but if you can solo a Winter Lord, you can probably solo that mish). Long Jack, or whatever his name is, the first contact she'll introduce you to, is supposed to sell naturals, but when Grev got to him, he didn't have a store, missions or anything available. I don't know if I outleveled him or haven't hit his level yet.

Thanks Seymour. I'm pretty sure she has already introduced me to Long Jack but I haven't gone to him for any missions. I wonder if I've already outleveled him? I've only gone up four levels at the most since getting her as my contact. Probably only three.
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I think its crazy that you have to be almost four times the level to do any considerable damage. These things were worse than the Pumpkin Kings (or whatever they were called). I think that's why we saw so many 50 just coming in and taking them out in two shots. Although at their level 10,000 XP is nothing. It wouldn't even register on their bar.

I never heard that a monster (or AV for that matter) was strictly limited to teaming only. EAP couldn't take out Dr. Vaz without help and it still caused him to die three times IIRC. And I had Caroline helping me with one of her blasters. The only time I died fighting a WL was when my team in KR couldn't get to the rooftop to help me and I couldn't get the bastich to fall or jump off the roof. Then I took a pot shot at the only high level WL I saw (in IP, a 23 I think) and he had me down to just blinking life in two shots. Same level as me.

No matter which way you look at it, the damage is all screwey.

When Issue 3 hit test there was some grumbling about the new "All monsters con purple" rule, and States jumped in a said that the intent was that monsters shouldn't be possible to solo. I took the purple as meaning that, no matter how powerful you were, the monster would be treated as if it were +4 levels.

It doesn't sound like that's the case, however. Whatever code went behind this formula is a bit screwy.

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Or maybe the devs were actually being NICE to players for once with this event. [Smile]

[ January 25, 2005, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Suddenly Seymour ]

--------------------
Geek Watch

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Or maybe the devs were actually being NICE to players for once with this event. [Smile]

I dunno, last night on Infinity there was more drama in Kings Row than an episode of The Amazing Race where the contestants are forced to stand in a queue for a taxi... we had one level 50 running around and one-shotting the Winter Lord (he also had maxed travel) just to be obnoxious. He wasn't on a team, just was stealing the kill 'cause he could.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Man oh man, WLs are poppin all over 2-3 at a time. BEauty is sheparding a group of 8-12s at the moment and we 're smokin! [Big Grin]

--------------------

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Man oh man, WLs are poppin all over 2-3 at a time. BEauty is sheparding a group of 8-12s at the moment and we 're smokin! [Big Grin]

Hmmmm, would anyone like to group on Pinnacle? Captain Hottie is around level 26 and would be happy to help level a group... perhaps in Galaxy where there'd be less competition? Or maybe we could be wild and go to Steel?

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
The AVs get really tough in the 30s and 40s.
With Temp's help and a few other friends from
time to time, I was generally able to take out
the AVs in my level ... but we fought a level
45 AV to a standstill once with a full team...
the baddie kept regenerating everytime we did a
little damage to him. You need at least a team of
4 to hope to be able to take out a 40s level AV,
and some of them it's a struggle with 8.

Time for Blue to get his new costume!

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.