Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Give it a few levels, buddy. I've gotten
pretty good at keeping Blue alive, but the
ambushes they send after you when you take
a hunting mish are a real headache. The
last time Blue died was because of a
Freakshow Ambush at level 28. If I'm
recalling right, he picked up 12k in debt
from that one death.

Have you taken Garth to Dark Astoria yet?
It's kind of rough for a solo hero, but
once we get everyone past 21 we'll have
to run an expedition there. It's a good
place to wipe out debt for a group.

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I know this rarely, if ever, helps but did you post it on the CoH boards? There seems to be a number of PC issues on the first couple of pages today.

Yeah, I posted something yesterday. I added it as a reply to another post about the patch, hoping that it'd be less likely to get lost vs. in a separate thread.

This morning I sent support an e-mail with a data dump from DXDIAG. Hopefully, the information will be useful to them, unlike Stardock who mostly looked for a problem on my machine and gave me the generic "we recomend contacting your video card manufacturer and getting the most current drivers". (I re-installed the video driver before contacting them, so that just got me to write them off... I'd think that a tech support center would keep a database of current driver versions and compare their database to the DirectX info... and therefore give more specific info like "There's a newer driver than the one you have..." or "You seem to have the current driver, so we recomend...")

---

Okay, checking my e-mail I got a quick response. They are pointing to the drivers, but did give me some specific information, recommending a shareware program to help the uninstall (which apparently doesn't always happen cleanly) ATI and NVida drivers. Anyone hear of "Driver Cleaner" before? Here is their website but I'm always cautious (okay paranoid) about installing shareware I haven't heard of before.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Brainy Ack 5
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brainy Ack 5   Email Brainy Ack 5         Edit/Delete Post     
Hello everyone! I really enjoyed playing Brainy last night (virtue) and am looking forward to wednesday... Got him to lvl 8 and purchased a healing device which should give him even more interesting possibilities. Looking forward to wednesday... who all is planning on being on virtue then? I know ERG-ONE will be there (unless he gets called into work at the last minute) Anyways had a great time playing in character last night and would love to make it a regular thing.
Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Brainy Ack 5! It was a great deal of fun last night and very nice meeting you and ERG-ONE. (I was Cosmic Rokk by the way) Here on Legion World a I'm known as Varalent or "Vee" for short.

You'll soon discover that I'm a number of different chars on Virtue, Infinity, Protector, etc. My main Legionnaires on Virtue are Condo & Mysa, but I also have Cosmic Rokk, I Kid Lyle, Fun Loving Quiz, & Quantum King on that server. (Hence the jokes about "Vee's Legion")

Be sure to check out the thread which lists everyone's chars on each of the servers on CoH. It's a seperate thread here on the Anywhere Machine Forum. There's a link to it in my signature line.

Look forward to seeing you on CoH, as well as here on Legion World, often! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brainy Ack 5
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brainy Ack 5   Email Brainy Ack 5         Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds great and ERG-ONE and I wouldn't mind sk-ing if you want to play a higher character... We've probably each got 30 characters spread out on triumph, virtue, justice and guardian not to mention the ones we lost after beta ended and the ones that got deleted... but my favorites are the ones you play for fun, our friends and our old super group got so fixated on making 50 and badge hunting that playing became more stressful than my job and who needs that... Anyway you guys were a lot of fun...
Brainy Ack 5
Applicant

oh and is there anyway to get screen shots of our chars on the avatar list? ERG has a good ultraboy alt and it would make us easier to recognize online.
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by Brainy Ack 5:
oh and is there anyway to get screen shots of our chars on the avatar list? ERG has a good ultraboy alt and it would make us easier to recognize online.

Yes, either Gary (Nightcrawler) or Scott (Lightning Lad), our two hosts here can do that for you. There is a thread about getting avatars made in the Science Police Forum which you can go to directly by clicking here.

If you are able to make your own avatar you can either post it on that thread and ask them to upload it for you or email it to them. Be aware that they try to keep the avatars relatively small in size (details in that thread I believe) so you should probably check it out before doing your own.

Just keep in mind that Gary & Scott get lots of requests from the hundreds of posters here so it may take them a little while to get yours done for you.

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
So when will Legion night be this week and
where? Is it starting on Thursday this week?

And during the TF we were talking about running
Infinity Legion. Is that still on?

Vee
Still smoooooth!

I'm fine with Legion Night being moved to Thursday starting this week. And Infinity is fine with me also if everyone wants to do that.

For Brainy Ack 5 & ERG's sake, Infinity server is where we have our adventure era Legion SG. I think the highest chars there are 14-15. WE'd love to have you join us there as well if that's where we end up doing Legion Night this week. (Check the roster thread I mentioned above to see who everyone has created there)

BTW< I'll be running around on Virtue again tonight as someone in case any of our cape ready heroes are looking to make their attempt with Mysa's help.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
As soon as I get my cape! [Big Grin]

I guess I do need to work on Lightning Ranzz but he is so far behind the rest of you.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

I definitely want to get mutate for Star.
After that, I'll probably start on fitness
for him.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Garth got his cape! Yay! And I can't thank Vee/Mysa enough for the help! I'll post pictures in a bit.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Garth looks marvelous!

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Prism, have you been able to sort out the problem with CoH yet?

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

Grats, buddy!

I know you were really looking foward to cape.

Blue is slogging away towards 30. Got 2 bubbles
today.

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.