Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 57)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Couldn't agree more. I do understand that the powergamers are an important part of the genre but my impression is that they bust through the game as quickly as possible, and once they've reached the max, they get bored with it and move on to the next, latest, greatest game to hit the market. It's casual gamers that enjoy the camraderie and role-playing that are going to keep CoH around in the long run...or not.

Yeah, exactly, CoH doesn't offer the stuff that usually keeps powergamers holding on -- crafting and similiar stuff -- so why not try to hold on to the folks who have a million alts because they want to experience all the archetype combinations out there.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Vee & Seymour, sorry but I'm giving up for the night. I'm having some real connection issues and it's driving me batty. It looks like you two can do the mish on your own. Thanks for helping Blok out tonight, Mysa!
From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
No problem SLK. It was fun seeing Mysa & Blok together again! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

I'll be on Virtue for a while if anyone wants to join me

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm hopping on Virtue, but I'd like to switch to Infinity if anyone joins me. I wanna see the Winter Lord!

[ January 16, 2005, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Suddenly Seymour ]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Well, Vee's Legion on Virtue had a fairly productive weekend!

Condo made it to lvl 26 and got Explosive Burst. Really cool, though I think I'll add another slot for damage. It's the only AoE power besides Energy Torrent that energy blasters get. He also teamed with Grev and a few others for a while and went Winter Lord hunting. Had a blast once we learned the tricks to gettng WL to spawn his Frostlings. Look out all, we now have snowballs! [Big Grin]

Cosmic Rokk and SunBoy teamed up for a while and we were able to get SunBoy up to level 12.

BB Chuck is now up to level 9 and closing rapidly on 10. He also took part in defeating the Paladin and got that badge.

Polar Kid is close to reaching 7 and got snowballs also.

Meanwhile over on Infinity...

Rimborian ( my version of Jo) is now a level 7

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I hopping on Infinity. Princess needs some influence so I can actually buy her stuff after the respec.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats, Vee.

Seymour, if Princess doesn't have any debt, the
quickest way you could get influence would be to
exemp her down to a lower level character ... all
your points would be converted straight to
influence.

Right now, I'm working almost exclusively on
Blue, and he's about 4 bubbles away from 39.
The AVs at this level are really pretty nasty...
we'll need a full Legion team to take them down
when it's time to do so ...

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

No, the quickest way to get influence would be to find her a sugar daddy. [Smile] Where's RJ when you need him? He'd be sure she was well equipped.

--------------------
Geek Watch

Vee
Still smoooooth!

[LOL]

--------------------

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Subterfuge Kid with whom I did a quick log-on before work, was my first character to sucessfully beat the Winter Lord, thanks to a very efficient healer. Good XP, at least a bubble's worth.

He's a pain for scrappers tho, with powers from Ice Controller and Ice Blaster pools. I can't wait for Kami-Kiri to get Ice Slick now.

I've been playing with a couple of my scrappers this weekend when I've logged on... the Jade Enforcer finally started getting movement and hit 11 this weekend while Cassandra Steed (leather jumpsuit, dad's a Brit secret agent, learned MA from a good friend of her dad's... you can guess the inspiration) is up to 7.

Since the boss change looks like it hit I may play Captain Hottie again, soon.

Who's planning on hitting PC tonight? And, of course, where?

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Vee
Still smoooooth!

I'll definitely be on, most likely on Virtue. Not sure if it will be with Condo or Mysa or one of the others but I can always switch around based on who all is on.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

BTW, regarding the Winter Lord...

As Grev & Condo learned the other day, in order to get the Winter Lord to spawn minions (Frostlings, Blights etc) you need to back out of aggro range and THROW SNOWBALLS at him. This antagonizes him but not enough to attack. Instead, he responds by hurling a huge snowball at you which hits the ground and spawns the minions.

We earned the minion badge in Striga Island with a group of 4 or so. Just sat back and pelted him with snowballs and he was very obliging! [Big Grin]

The hardest part is to get people to back off so that you can get him to do this. NOt likely to happen in KR, where Polar Kid fought him 4-5 times yesterday. Everyone there immediately began blasting him. (Yes there is great xp for everyone involved in "arresting" him but you can do that after getting the minion badge [Big Grin] )

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Smallville's a rerun tonight, so I'll be on after some dinner and snowblowing. Where shall we go? I'd like to play Infinity so maybe I can get Princess her Winter Lord badges. If not, no big. Shadow Lad didn't get all the Halloween badges, and Princess did, so I guess it's only fair.

I was thinking that maybe we should try the Sister Psyche TF on Virtue this weekend. I don't know how many people it requires, but we probably have enough in range -- or can get them there.

--------------------
Geek Watch

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Smallville may be a has-been, err I mean rerun, but Lost is showing its last original episode until February 9th or 16th. I'd like to see the WL at least but doubt I'll get to before its gone. Nice 'winter' event. [No]

I did hear some good news on the boards today. Stacking armors for DA went live so Poe can now cruise through without someone doing clear mind or popping inspirations to help against the now omnipotent mez powers that everything seems to have.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.