Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 54)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
Glad to see that you're ok, SLK! Hope you recover quickly.

I really miss playing with you guys... I may restart my account just so I can be with you all!

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Working on Blue's next to the last story arc
in the 35-40 range ... I talked to Grem and
right now she's leaning towards making a version
of Dream Girl on Virtue as an empathy/psi
defender.

I told her to go ahead and invite our friend
Mel as well. Mel said she knows a little bit
about the Legion, so maybe she can come up with
a character.

Nura would be neat (Mysa gets to hang around her sister! [Big Grin] ) and those are good choices of powers for her. Another possibility is for her as a martial arts scrapper since she was supposed to be one of the best non powered fighters in the Legion.

Other character suggestions for a female on Virtue (assuming Mel wants to play a female)...Duo Damsel as a scrapper, Night Girl as a tanker, Life Lass as a healer, Gas Girl as a blaster or rad defender, Quantum Queen as a blaster, Nightwind as a storm controller, Infectious Lass as a rad/rad defender, Comet Queen as a blaster or fire tanker, Laurel Gand as a tanker, Jazmin as a blaster, Kinetix as a blaster or defender (or even as a tanker in her amazon form), Jeckie (as Sensor Girl or the Grell version of the Princess) as an illusion controller, Mentalla as a mind controller, Catspaw as a claws scrapper...

I'm sure there are others I've missed but that's what I can come up with off the top of my head.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
We're always glad to have you back, Doc.

Sorry I couldn't join you last night. I was watching Stefanie Powers play Anna in "The King & I." Singing's not her forte, but she did a pretty good job. She was helped by a great supporting cast.

I hope to get on tonight, though. Shadow Lad's about 2/3 of a bubble away from 25. And with the respec, I can get him stamina and hasten and slot them properly. Though I can't think of three powers I want to give up for them. Oh, well, sacrifices must be made, and I can always take them back later.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Just remember that somewhere about 5 -10 pages back, I described the process since you'll get NO explanation from anyone about how to do the respec. The only change is that you no longer have to go see Jack Wolfe in Galaxy, just type /respec in you chat window and you'll be able to do it from anywhere. Everything else I descriobed should be the same.

Here's a link. Took some doing to find it since that particular post isn't being searched.
I just had a thought about this. Now that the free respec has been issued, I wonder if it would get copied over to the test server along with your char? I may have to test that out this afternoon when I get home. It would a a great way to try different varioations out without wasting the respec.

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by Firebow:
Glad to see that you're ok, SLK! Hope you recover quickly.

I really miss playing with you guys... I may restart my account just so I can be with you all!

Come back Firebow! We miss you!

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Ohhh! How could I forget Light Lass as a gravity controller! Could be a neat choice even though Caroline has Ayla in her lightning powered version.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

BTW, I did the respec on Condo but never got the chance to test him out with the new configuration because Sunboy logged on at that point and I switched to Cosmic Rokk to join him.

I'll be curious to see if there is a noticable drop off in damage dealing in his powers. I gave up Aim for hasten and rearranged the slots to give Hasten six slots and health & stamina 4 each, taking away some of the additional damage slots on his blasting powers in order to do so.

Turns out there is no 25 SO recharge available to me so I had to fill Hasten out with DOs. I guess recharge SOs must only start at 30 (or maybe I don't have the right contacts. [Big Grin] )

[ January 12, 2005, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Where do we want to have our snowball fight tonight?
quote:

he Winter King has awakened from his slumber, casting an icy gaze over Paragon City. What cold ambitions lie in his frigid soul? What devastating powers will he unleash on the unsuspecting citizens of our fair city? Keep on your guard, as with icy breath, he approaches swiftly, silently, to freeze the very heart of the City of Heroes.

Giant monster time... a warning tho, it's not snowing in Paragon City so don't be disappointed.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Well, I'll be on Virtue most likely dealing with the various respecs so look for me there

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

What, no snow slides & ice patches to have fun on? That's the only reason I enjoy the Frostfire mish in the Hollows so much. If the Winter King can't do that, what fun is he? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If you want some quick fun, go here and create your own MTG style CoH card.

http://coh.dynalias.com/index.php

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
My hubby sent me a couple links to Snow Lord photos. Don't click if you don't want to see!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/lasteyeopen/Snow9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/lasteyeopen/Snow11.jpg

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ehh. I have to say that looks pretty damn disappointing to me. No detail and no effects to go with it (the afore mentioned snow slides and stuff). How was it WoW was able to do a whole holiday themed set of quests and we get this crap?

[ January 12, 2005, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

I just took a screen cap in the test server of him but you've got a closer/better pic posted Seymour so I won't bother posting mine.

However, I discovered that they've given everyone on the test server ANOTHER free respec today.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

IMPORTANT!!!!!

Just deleted Mysa from the test server, where I had already done the original free respec on her. Then uploaded a new version of her with the free respec from the live server unused. She DOES HAVE the free respec in the test server now also.

So if you have yet to do your free respec on the live server and didn't get the chance to try it out on the test server first, upload your hero there and try different combos BEFORE using it on the live server. Looks like you can keep using it over and over by deleting and reloading a new version.

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.