Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 52)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I should have said this map installs into your CoH. Replaces the old map system.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Boy, yesterday was fun! [Bouncing Boy]

For those of you that weren't on yesterday let me fill you in...

I woke up at some godawful hour on Saturday so I logged in to CoH and spent the time creating some new characters on various servers. I did so in order to take advantage of the upcoming free respec on as many power variations as possible so I would know what each was capable of.

I even made a few scrappers and tankers! (And you guys know how much I've disliked playing those two ATs up until now.)

I can't be certain of the servers right now (since I'm at work and can't log in to check) but I think I created Stone Kid (as a stone tanker); Rimborian (an invulnerable/energy melee tanker version of Jo Nah ~ all the "Ultra" combo seemed to be taken); and Kid Chlorophyll (as an rad/rad defender ~ because it's green [Big Grin] ) on Infinity. They join Beauty, Cos, E Lad Jan, Color Kid, I Kid Lyle...

...I added Rond (mind controller w/empathy), Storm King (storm controller w/elec); on Protector to join Varalent, Pol, Marvel Lad Lar, Stone Kid (the earth controller version), Quantum King, & Fire Lad...

...and finally, I added BB Chuck [Bouncing Boy] as a martial arts/regen scrapper on Virtue to join Condo, Mysa, Cosmic Rokk, Fun-Loving Quiz, Regulus, Empress Sarya, and Polor Kid (recent addition as an ice/ice blaster)

Polar Kid has been fun to play and is up to level 6. When I first logged ran across Sunboy (Lar from Infinity) yesterday, Dirk and Brek teamed up (Fire & Ice) and had a good time. Then Caroline showed up as Tas. Since she was so much higher than SB & PK, I suggested she get Ayla Spark out of mothballs which she did. I traded Brek in for Chuck so we would have a scrapper instead of three blasters and the three of us romped through the Hollows having a rip roaring time together.

Chuck is SO much fun to play! Not sure why I never enjoyed playing Val or Brin this much. (Maybe it's because it's Chuck or because of the looks I get when others see this chubby nondescript kid taking out baddies! [Big Grin] ) Whatever it is, I really had a blast playing him and he held his own against the higher level baddies we were facing. Ayla was an 8 and SB was a 7 while Chuck was only a 5 when we started)

Eventually, Caroline switched back to Tas and I got Mysa and we talked Scott into joining us with Garth. We then sidekicked Sunboy and headed off to do level 20ish missions. Everything went well as long as we didn't attempt any of Mysa's missions which proved to be too dangerous for our group. Other than that, I think we got SB up to level 8 (or at least very close) before calling it a night.

Sorry the rest of you missed it! SB (Lar) is a great deal of fun to team with and genuinely loves being around other Legionnaires. Hopefully we'll be seeing him here on LW as a new poster and have him joining us on Virtue & Infinty as SB an Lar more often.

The only bad note (other than the debt accumulated because of some of Mysa's misions [Frown] ) was that we all lost mapserve more than a few times. The last time was just as we exited the last door mish and SB apparently got stuck in the Phantom Zone in transit. We waited about 15-20 minutes before assuming that he had not been able to log back in, though Scott offered to hang around & wait for him since we were in Skyway and SB wouldn't survive the trip back to the tram alone & unSked if he made it back on.

SO, keep your eyes open for SunBoy (Virtue) or Lar (Infinity) because I think we found us a new enthusiatic SG member in him.

PS: Prism, he's from SoCal and he'll likely be on much of the same times as you, so at least you'll have another Legionnaire to team with into the late night hours. [Big Grin]

PPS: Scott ~ Did he ever make it back?

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
He didn't. At least not while I was logged in. I stayed on for about another 90 minutes, just hanging around the door and he never showed up.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Lyle,

Is Captain Hottie a blaster or a tank? I can't
recall...

What level is he?

Blue picked up over 200k in debt last weekened
when he did the Infernal AV mission ... and
that's the day that pretty much killed his old
SG ... 8-(

What sever is he on? Exemping really does work
wonders with debt ...

Captain Hottie's a level 26 Fire/Dev blaster on Pinnacle. An exemp would be welcome, I think I"m just about ready to venture back after that frustration on Thursday.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:

I know that they supposedly gave the baddies
that are hard to take down some extra xp value,
but it seemed like they were making them extra
tough too. Red Lesser Devoured were owning our
<bleep>! At the very least, they could kill us
with two swipes ... and I think we were even
one shotted a couple of times. How on Earth can
you win when the lead baddie just has to hit
you once to kill you ... ?

Yeah, that's what killed me on the game other night. I was doing a freakshow mish where you have to defeat four tank bosses. With the second boss I died like four times in a row. Each time, I'd be orange and get hit with a KO hit. Once I was still he was able to charge up some uber hit that took me from orange to red to dead in one hit.

Worse, each time he had like 1/8" left on his HP bar... and was halfway charged by the time I got back using Super Speed. I got over 25K in debt taking on one guy.

I like teaming but I need to be able to solo regularly. If soloing is going to be that difficult I'm not sure if the game is worth it. (Then again Global Chat may make it easier to find a team.)

Good to hear about Lar. I look forward to teaming with him.

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Lyle, that's where we have the JSA/Buffy
group at, Pinnacle.

Maybe instead of the Legion on Thursday we
could run the JSA group. You could exemp
Captain Hottie down to our level and work on
that debt!

I've got a Brainwave Jr who's a level 8th mind/rad controller, Al Pratt, who's a level 6 invul/energy
tank, and Xander 2.0 who's a level 10 energy and
devices blaster.

What do the rest of you think?

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Maybe another night but not Legion Night. This will be the first Legion Night that Lar could join us and I think it would be a bit rude to move someplace else when he went out of his way to create a Legionnaire on Virtue so he could play with us.

Just my two cents

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree, Vee. Plus, Legion Night is Legion Night. There are plenty of others for alting.

Anyway, I'm hopping on Virtue if anyone wants to come join me.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Pinnacle is also where I usually hang out, whether it be as Chorus (lvl26 controller), CztheDay, Prizm, or Shadowkeeper.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Grec and I teamed with another Legion fan on Virtue tonight. His name is Rain Bow and we added him to the SG. He says he's now a reimagined Color Kid! [Big Grin] I think he'll join us on Thursday.

Just as I was about to log off, I noticed that Sunboy was on. He made it out okay today. Never was able to get logged back in last night. Says he'll see everyone on Thursday if not before. Really looking forward to it. He's going to keep working on leveling Sunboy so he can be closer to everyone else and not hold us back from certain locations.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Here are some pics I took of the new guys...

First up, the new guys on Infinity...Rimborian and Kid Chlorophyll

-  -

Stone Kid looks the same as the controller version on Protector except his skin now looks like an Outcast Brick

On Protector I added Rond with mind powers and Storm King...
 -  -

And finally, on Virtue the two newest members are Polar Kid and BB Chuck!
 -  -

[ January 11, 2005, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Hmmm...not sure why they're not showing up [Confused]

--------------------

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Yeah, I'd say let's play a Legion group on Legion night. Prism is still eager to get to those cool level 40+ missions...

--------------------

Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Anyone seen Firebow (Doc) or SLK (Pete) recently? Seems like I haven't seen either on CoH or LW since before Christmas. Wonder if they're okay.

Thanks for the concern, Vee. I just spent 3 1/2 weeks in the hospital over the Christmas break as a result of gall bladder problems and pancreatitis. I had to have my gall bladder removed which went fine, but one of the gall stones somehow went the wrong way and inflamed my pancreas giving me pancreatitis. Thankfully, I don't have any pain from it, but I can't eat anything. I've been hooked up to an IV for the past couple of weeks and that's what's been feeding me. Since I felt fine, the doctor said I could go home, but I still have to be hooked up to a feeder until my pancreas settles down. The bottom line is = Bad News - I can't work or eat and I have to be fed through an IV 15 hours a day; Good News - more CoH playing time!

So that's why I haven't been around for awhile. I'm hoping I won't be on this thing too much longer. Maybe another week or two. My pancreas was already showing some improvements before I left the hospital. Anyway, hope to see you guys around in Paragon City soon.

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Yikes! I had a feeling something was wrong kiddo. I just knew you couldn't be away from CoH for that long, particularly since you were looking forward to the increased playing time during Christmas break from school.

Glad to hear you're recovering and that it wasn't any worse that it sounds. Be a good patient and do what the doctor tells you. Then get on the computer (since you're not allowed to do anything else) and kick some baddie butt!!!! [Big Grin]

Pete & Blok sure have been missed!

PS: Let me know if there's anything you need that I can help with.

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.