Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » "The Anime Thread" Thread (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: "The Anime Thread" Thread
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I think another factor in reruns is if the shows are timeless enough to interest the next age group that comes along.
My older grand kids, who are 17 and 18+ liked pokemon and now my younger set, 2, 4, 6, 8 are loving them.

The American Disney films are a lot like that.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
In the newest episode of the new MAD cartoon show, they did this parody of Grey's Anatomy called

"Grey's In Anime".

The patient basically hallucinates that the doctors are anime characters, including parodies of Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, and DBZ.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
If your a fan of either the manga and/or anime of Sailor Moon I suggest giving the live-action version a chance. It's cheesy at times but it has a lot of heart put into it.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
The manga does as well. It's one of my biggest inspirations in terms of the themes of hope and forgiveness.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Speaking of good series, have you ever read/watched YuYu Hakusho? It's by Yoshihiro Togashi who's married to Naoko Takeuchi, creator of Sailor Moon.

--------------------
ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I've seen some episodes and listen to the opening and ending songs, but I didn't become a diehard fan.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

ActorLad
Un-Famous

It's one of my favorite supernatural based series.

--------------------
ActorLad

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll second Actor Lad's support of YuYu Hakusho. Probably my favorite "fighting" anime.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Well if there's one another anime I'll hype over than SM, it's Revolutionary Girl Utena. Metaphysical, bizarre, and beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mQFGdHSbTY&feature=related

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

ActorLad
Un-Famous

I've seen some of that series, it's interesting enough.

--------------------
ActorLad

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I want to thank Fanfic Lady for bringing this thread to my attention. It has been a strange year so far for manga and anime. Tokyopop closes it's North American branch (though it was predictable by longterm company followers) which leaves alot of titles in lingo. On the other hand series such as Hetalia are extremely popular.

Hetalia is my current obsession.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

God I forgot I started this thread.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I am excited because FUNimation has released the trailer on YouTube for "Hetalia Paint It, White!" I really like the dub's accents and the effort this company puts into the series.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm watching STAR BLAZERS again. Man, what an emotional show this is!

Going thru it about one episode per day, to get the full impact of each one. Just got to the destruction of Telasart today. Really powerful message in this one, as Trelayna tells Prince Zordar that if he were really powerful, he'd help others, not ENSLAVE them.

Tomorrow will be the very 1st episode I happened across back in November 1979, which totally blew my mind. I came up with my own titles for each episode decades back, and that one I named "A GATHERING OF ARMADAS".

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

I discovered Kochikame yesterday. It's really funny and I can totally relate to their lives.

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.