Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 49)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Well I'm not quite as enthusiastic about the show as FL but I'd say it's definitely worth watching for fans of other Abrams shows (e.g. Lost and Fringe).
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I've never seen an ep of Alias however. Do you guys recommend?

quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lass:
Recommend Alias? YES, YES, YES!!!!!

But stop after Season 4. Season 5 is an abomination.

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Well I'm not quite as enthusiastic about the show as FL but I'd say it's definitely worth watching for fans of other Abrams shows (e.g. Lost and Fringe).

So, Cobie, have Eryk and I sold you on Alias? Have you watched any episodes yet? Have we sold anyone else on Alias?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm currently watching (via Netflix) the British version of Life on Mars. It is very well done. It is mainly a police show with bits of fantasy/sci-fi thrown in. THe basic premise is that Police Detective Sam Tyler gets hit by a car and wakes up in 1973. He has papers saying he is being transferred into his "old" department.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ If you enjoy Life on Mars Quis don't forget to watch the sequel Ashes to Ashes which is different but still good IMO.

You should probably avoid the US remake though which I've never seen but have heard was terrible.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw the first episode of Ashes to Ashes and was not impressed.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

^ I think most critics agree that Ashes to Ashes gets a lot better after the first couple of episodes. The main actress tones down the over-the-topness of her acting and the rest of the 'sillier' elements begin to make more sense as the show goes along. It gets kinda clever toward the end I thought.

... Though I'm not actually sure how I got myself into this discussion since I'm not really the biggest fan of either show. [LOL]

They're both pretty good but by no means my faves.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I've never seen an ep of Alias however. Do you guys recommend?

quote:
Recommend Alias? YES, YES, YES!!!!!

But stop after Season 4. Season 5 is an abomination.

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

So, Cobie, have Eryk and I sold you on Alias? Have you watched any episodes yet? Have we sold anyone else on Alias?

Yeah, I think so! But it will probably take awhile before I get to watching it. Lady Cobalt and I haven't been able to get through the season of House we started before the baby was born in the entire last month, which shows you how often we're able to watch a television show. Getting an entire hour (or jeepers, more than an hour) to ourselves is pretty rare these days! [Smile]

There's been a lot less TV / movie watching and a lot more comic book reading.

That's okay--I will certainly get to Alias eventually!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
^ If you enjoy Life on Mars Quis don't forget to watch the sequel Ashes to Ashes which is different but still good IMO.

You should probably avoid the US remake though which I've never seen but have heard was terrible.

Though I haven't seen the British version, I would have to say the American series was definitely NOT terrible! I loved all the actors, the retro/modern feel and the quirkiness of the stories.

The ending? Well...I can tell you it's different from the original and is kind of a cop-out in a way. On the other hand it also kinda fits!

In any case I don't think it dtracts from what I felt was a refreshingly atypical series with one of the best casts in an ultimately-doomed series since the late, lamented Firefly.

I think Cobalt and Edie would agree with me in my praise!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I thought the American version was solid, though I haven't seen the British version either.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I also thought the American version was very good and worth watching as well. Excellent cast and even after I knew the series was doomed, it was still good enough for me to follow through to the end.

Never saw the British version either.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
See, Blacula? TOLDja!!! [tease]

[Wink]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
The Treme finale was heartbreaking.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

quote:
Originally posted by Officer Taylor:
See, Blacula? TOLDja!!! [tease]

[Wink]

[LOL] What do all those critics know anyway? If three of Legion World's leading luminaries liked it then it must have been good! [Big Grin]

I haven't been to the cinema in a loooooonng time but I was dragged to see Prince of Persia with my brother and his friends the other night and guess what - I really enjoyed it!

Once I got past all the white actors in brown-face (it's like the 50s cowboys and indians movies all over again!) and the terribly miscast Jake Gyllenhaal sucking all of the charisma out of every scene he was in (and I normally like Jake!) I got into it as a rollicking good adventure with fantastic visuals that totally make me want to go back in time and swashbuckle my way around this Arabian Wonderland.

The climax totally had me thinking of the Legion too but I won't spoil what it was.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I've been watching Mad Men Season 3 lately and it's fantastic, continuing the level of excellence the show has always had. Each episode is very powerful--definitely a thinking person's show, yet the visuals are so stunning that it requires more watches just to take it all in.

Since the baby has been born I haven't been able to get to the movies. I'm traveling this week to South Dakota and Oklahoma so I'm wondering if when I'm on the road I might have time to zip in to see Iron Man somewhere, since that's the one I want to see above all others.

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey guys haven't been here in a while. Hope you guys are doing good.

Some films I've seen recently?

Oxford Murders. It was entertaining. Nothing really that wows.

North by Northwest. My wife loves Hitchcock films and neither of us have seen this one. Eh. It took us 3 nighst to watch it. I fell asleep the first two nights after 40 minutes (it WAS a rough week at work).

The last Cary Grant film we saw Charade was much better.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.