Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 47)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I came in on Lost some point during the first season. What helped was is my brother and I watched the entire Season 1 in like 2 days in preperation of Season 2 and I've been watching it all along ever since.

Before every single season, we rewatch the entire show (I now do it with my wife). So I've watched Season 1 5 times and some episodes 6 times.

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Well, there's Heroes...

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

But no, seriously...

[Wink]

I had planned to write a scathing criticism of Heroes Season 3 a few months ago (much like my over the top ones of some of DC's series) but just couldn't muster the energy. Needless to say, Blacula's [LOL] said it all.

Matt, totally agree about Damages. I still haven't seen Season 2 though and none of 3 (I'll get around to it).

Glenn Close totally blew me away on the Shield Season 4 a few years back so this was a no-brainer. I was delighted to see her take her already A-game to the *next* level.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Both Flashforward and V started off strong for me, but I lost interest with the extended midyear break. Strangely, the long wait has only made me more excited for new epsiodes of Glee!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Damages is another favorite... Tonight's episode should be awesome

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Damages and The Amazing Race are about it for me. Well, I do watch 2.5 Men with my wife, but I think we are getting tired of it. I was watching V, but the big break made me lose interest completely. Oh, I am also recording Spiderman and His Amazing Friends and watching the one ep that is aired each week. (I would love to see this on DVD - the editing is atrocious.)

Whoops - almost forgot, my wife and I do watch The Mentalist. What a fun show!

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
After having watched the first season of Misfits, I learned of another BBC show called Being Human.

The first tagline I read for it, "A vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost share a house in Bristol" made me check it out. I mean, it sounds like the beginning of a joke, right?

I just finished watching the first two seasons. Here's the Season 2 trailer.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I caught "Across the Universe" finally and I've got to say I enjoyed it quite a bit! I thought it was very moving in parts. Like Lardy told me ages ago, its a must see for Beatles fans.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Lost is the number one show for me. I watch Flashforward and V as well.. and i'm kinda curious about the upcoming HappyTown.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Yes I still watch Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters too! Don't tell anyone!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Mattropolis

There is a preview of the first 14 minutes of Happy Town at ABC.com. I think the Harper's Island (and Scream) comparisons still apply.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to it.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm enjoying the new HBO drama Treme, and recommend it for anyone who loves New Orleans. Guest appearances by Elvis Costello have been a bonus.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've been spending the last few nights away from the computer, enjoying my new G.I. Joe Season 2 DVD. Season 2 often gets dismissed just because those lame new villains, Dr. Mindbender and Serpentor, supplanted the awesome Destro and Cobra Commander. But even so, there's a lot to like about Season 2 IMO. The ratio of good to bad episodes is about the same as Season 1, and I liked several of the new Joes, especially Sci-Fi, Cross-Country, Beachhead, Mainframe, Leatherneck, Wetsuit, and Lift-Ticket. I also adored one of the new Cobras: Zarana. And best of all, my favorite female Joe, my role model Lady Jaye, appeared in a lot more episodes than Scarlett or Cover Girl.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I never realized it at the time, but do you think the purpose of Serpentor's introduction was to try to replicate the Megatron/Starscream relationship by shifting Cobra Commander into the Starscream role?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Good point. Even more ironic, the Season 1 relationship between Cobra Commander and Destro anticipated the Galvatron/Cyclonus relationship from Transformers Season 3.

And you just reminded me that the final episode of G.I. Joe Season 2 sets the stage for a Cobra civil war that would have been a much better plot for the G.I. Joe movie than the silly Cobra-La nonsense they ended up doing.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The Darkstorm/Lexor relationship in Visionaries is yet another variant of the Megatron/Starscream relationship (with Chris Latta once again playing the treacherous lieutennant).

And Cobra-La was horrible! As questionable as much of Transformers: The Movie was in my mind, it blew the G.I. Joe movie out of the water.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Well said. While both movies suffer from the same core problem -- great animation, weak story -- the Transformers movie is still much better, although I'm deeply ambivalent about it. I hope you're still considering doing an EDE Retro Review thread for Transformers.

I hope Visionaries is released on R1 DVD someday, because it's one of the few classic 80s cartoons that I never got the chance to see.

--------------------

This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.