Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 47)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Let me write some bills out and I'll hop on over.
Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I can bring my new character onto Infinity. I have debt to clear now anyway. Friggin' forgot all about the large mob of Council/5th around the Freedom store and bought it twice coming around the corner. But some lvl 35s came by, cleared up the street and gave me 3 lvl 35 SOs. Pretty cool of them I thought.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
So do we want to go to Infinity or Virtue?
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Up to you guys. I could log Garth in, its been awhile. Virtue and Infinity both are into the yellow right now.

Has anyone been to Steel on Infinity? Over by Pandora's Box the graphics are messed up and all around you the screen goes dark, like real bad fog. It follows you so you cannot see what's on the streets but you can see about 5 feet around you. If you leave the block to the south (head to the hospital) it clears up. Or if you go north it does the same. But it hangs around the shop. Don't know if it is that way on all servers or not. Sent a /bug in on it.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Yep, same dead zone on Virtue. I wonder if its intentional. And if it is, what the hell is causing it?
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like I'm not gonna be able to make it tonight. I'm getting a pattern here... with every patch the game freezes up my system at the login screen. The first time I uninstalled and reinstalled my video drivers and that made the problem go away. The second time it happened I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and that made it go away.

I'm not sure if I'm going to try to get on tonight. I'm sure there'll be a lot more patches coming through in the next few weeks and I'm not into the idea of reinstalling the game every few days, especially since that means downloading all patches since day one again and again.

Sigh

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Blue Battler
Honorary

Hmm...

I just looked on the Controllers thread and it
looks like States said he wanted to know what
their concerns are ... if it weren't for the
Devs past history, I might be hopeful that
Star could get a little love here ...

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Hmm...

I just looked on the Controllers thread and it looks like States said he wanted to know what their concerns are ... if it weren't for the Devs past history, I might be hopeful that Star could get a little love here ...

Star'll get a little love, as Grav is seen as the weakest control PS, if not second to Mind. (I am much less frustrated at lower levels with my Mind Controller than my Grav controller).

I'm a little concerned about illusion becaue it's being called the most uber control set. It's all about where the devs see the big picture, which is what I don't know.

We notice most when a power gets lowered. However, they've also helped a lot of powersets. Martial Arts were fixed after initial complaints that power animations took too much time. Dark Miasma also got a major fix, it used to be a very challenging set, it's now still a challenge but only due to the offbeat design of the set, which I love. Scrappers also got the critical hits in update 2, which has been pointed to a reason why some folks saw some of the scrapper secondaries as overpowered. Also, due to complaints from Mind Controllers confuse/decieve was revised so that you could get partial XP from confused kills.

It all comes down to how the devs see the balance. Not just balance between powersets but balance with the game overall. Turning other powersets up to match the uberpower messes with the overall game balance... that was the stated reason behind the HP increase that they killed after testing (that they turned up a bunch of powers to bring them in balance and had to increase foes' power to match).

Oh, boy, that thread's gonna keep me occupied...

--------------------

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

quote:
Paragon City is bracing for an invasion of another kind. There’s a massive freeze building up north and it’s sweeping down towards our usually temperate city. Time to cover your plants, get the pets indoors, and find those thermal socks. It’s going to get cold. Very cold. Check out the Paragon Times article for more info.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm...good thing Beauty got a body suit for her second outfit. I fear Mysa is going to be very cold unless she comes up with a warming spell. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Task Force...?

How abot tomorrow?

Am determined to bash baddies as Star on TF!

Lightning Lad
Founder

Well the official word for me not getting any XP last night is that everyone else (but Vee, the mission was Mysa's right?) needs to submit a bug report and give up their XP. Only the mission owner was supposed to get XP.

What a crock.

Blue Battler
Honorary

Hmm...

I think Gung was there when Blue finished out
an arc before and didn't get any xp... so that
may be how it's supposed to work. Did anyone
else besides Andrew get XP?

Um, not that I plan on giving back the Xp ... ;-)

[ January 05, 2005, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Blue Battler ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Last night everyone said they received mission ending XP. And it was the final mission of an arc correct? Because that's what I told the devs and what led to their answer. No one but the mission owner, no matter if they were there from part one straight thru the end, is supposed to get XP for the final mission. Why, I don't know. Sounds stupid to me. Sure give the owner more for finishing the arc but don't screw the players who stuck it out with him.

Little things like this make sticking around the game harder. Issue three really hasn't shown me a reason to stick especially since they've royally screwed Dark Armor/Dark Melee scrappers and that just happens to be what EAP is. I'm tired of really getting into a character then they come along and make it impossible or unfun to play anymore.

Blue Battler
Honorary

I admit that I'm not happy about what's been
happening in the game-- I wasn't looking forward
to Issue 3 at all. The whole issue of balance the
Devs keep talking about seems like just an excuse
to nerf the hell out of anything and everything
that makes it fun. Does States really think anyone
would stick around in this game if a single hero
couldn't take more than 3 white con minions?

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.