Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 46)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I am looking forward to Happy Town later this month, although it seems like it might just be a retread of the awesome Harper's Island, which didn't get the attention it deserved.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 3.16, "The Glass Cage"

The MI directing debut of the stylish John Moxey, whose previous experience included directing "Horror Hotel", a great little horror movie starring Christopher Lee. This time, the IMF has to convince the enemy that their prisoner is an imposter. Barbara Bain has yet another juicy role as a prison system head whose icy hauteur masks forbidden passions, and there's yet another future TV star among the guest players -- this time, it's Larry Linville.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mattropolis:
I am looking forward to Happy Town later this month, although it seems like it might just be a retread of the awesome Harper's Island, which didn't get the attention it deserved.

OMG! Another Harper's Island fan!?! I thought I was the only one. Loved that show. Haven't heard anything about this Happy Town though. Off to research it now.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
quote:

OMG! Another Harper's Island fan!?! I thought I was the only one. Loved that show. Haven't heard anything about this Happy Town though. Off to research it now.
My wife was totally addicted to Harper's island last year. She was posting and interacting with people about it on CBS's mini-site and had a helluva time. Me, it just didn't grab.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Just finished season one of Fringe.

Well, I did a complete 180 on this show and ended up really enjoying it! I even came to like all of the characters which is something I really was not expecting to happen after their blandy-mcblanderson starts.

It's funny I compared it to The X-Files earlier because I discovered that the things I like about the two shows are completely the opposite.

My favourite episodes of The X-Files were those that dispensed with whatever the stupid alien-goo-kidnapping-sisters-conspiracy-thing was that formed the spine of the plot for it's entire run and just concentrated on telling weird/creepy stories about the monster/alien/ghost/serial-killer/whatever of the week.

Whereas in Fringe I'm completely hooked on the underlying plot of the show about alternate realities and science gone bad and shadowy corporations and all the rest. I love having the feeling that we've barely scratched the surface of where these writers/producers are wanting to take us with this show too.

Obviously after Lost we know that JJ Abrams has long-range goals in mind when he creates a show and I really get that feeling with this one too.

I'm gonna see if any of my local shops have season 2 on DVD yet so I can catch up with the rest of you guys.

So thanks again to those who told me to stick with it. I was *this* close to quitting it after those dull first few episodes but I'm really glad I didn't now.

Ugh. I find I have a lot less patience with series than I used to. I started out watching Fringe myself last year and gave up on it pretty quickly. Maybe I'll check out the DVDs as well.

I'm going to have a huge void left when Lost goes off the air, so I need to find something to fill it. (Incidentally, I was a slow-starter on Lost and didn't start watching it regularly until Season Three!)

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't start Lost until Season 2, and I'm guessing the fact that I watched the first season on DVD helped.

Since V doesn't quite seem to be cutting it, and Flashforward seems to be terribly inconsistent (and unlikely to be renewed for next year), it looks Fringe is probably *the* series to go to for Lost fans!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Officer Taylor:
quote:
quote:

My wife was totally addicted to Harper's island last year. She was posting and interacting with people about it on CBS's mini-site and had a helluva time. Me, it just didn't grab.
I loved it right up until the predictable ending...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
I loved it right up until the predictable ending...

I think despite herself, my wife was hoping for something more unexpected or complicated than what it actually was. She had this great theory that the first victim faked his own death and was the killer all along. Alas, it was much more mundane.

--------------------

Mattropolis

Yes, it was much more like Scream than I wanted it to be...

I'm hoping for much better things from Happy Town!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Mattropolis

Another show that I can't miss is Damages. All I can say is that if Glee is the best written "comedy" then Damages is the best written "drama".

Damages, with it's jumps back and forth in time, manages to keep me guessing every season. And Lily Tomlin and Martin Short and guest-starring this season, and playing the hell out of their characters. Glenn Close, as Patty Hewes, is perhaps the most complex character on tv right now. I could rave about the entire cast but I wouldn't do it justice.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Blacula
Easy

Ditto on being disappointed in the ending to Harper's Island. Not only in who the killer turned out to be (though I hadn't predicted that as early as a lot of people seemed to) but more in the fact of who survived. Especially...

Click Here For A Spoilerthat annoying kid!

Still, it was a lot of entertainingly campy and occasionally creepy fun while it was on.

As for Lost - I also only came to the show while Season 3 was on. I watched the entire first two seasons on DVD in about one week (DVD is definitely the best way to watch that show - or just about any show IMO) and then started watching the live airings. LOVED it from the very first second.

Fringe is nowhere near as good as Lost is but like I said, it does improve markedly from its first few episodes and with Lost and Battlestar Galactica both finished or finishing it probably is the best sci-fi show left on TV.

Are there any other contenders? I know there's the Stargate franchise but I'm not into that and Dr Who is OK but a bit kiddie for me. What else is there?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, there's Heroes, but I assume everyone pretty much gave up on it after the first season.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Well, there's Heroes...

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

But no, seriously...

[Wink]

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
As for Lost - I also only came to the show while Season 3 was on. I watched the entire first two seasons on DVD in about one week (DVD is definitely the best way to watch that show - or just about any show IMO) and then started watching the live airings. LOVED it from the very first second.

Yeah, it was interesting how I got into Lost. I watched the pilot episode, the season 1 finale, the season 2 finale and probably less than 5 other episodes. I'm not sure what happened; I think it conflicted with something else I liked in the same timeslot or something. And every damn time I tuned in hoping to catch a fresh episode, it seemed they were re-running the damned pilot episode again!

But finally, a combination of the Season 2 cliffhanger plus lots of enthusiastic buzz on this very board encouraged me to start tuning in on Season Three as the episodes aired. The summer after that season I acquired the DVD sets of the prior seasons and got all caught up in time for Season 4!

So there ya go--a rather circuitous route, but one I've found extremely rewarding! An outstanding show that will be dearly missed.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I missed the entire first season of Lost, except for snippits here and there...oddly enough they were usually Sayid focused scenes or flashbacks. I watched the last half hour of the S1 finally and was confused as hell.

I happened across the season 1 recap and first episode of S2 and have watched every episode since. Caught up the first season through the local videa store...and now have to watch the episodes on Hulu since I am in class when it airs.

Once it's done, I really have nothing but Big Bang to grab my attention on tv.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.