Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Alias 2001-2006 (Spoilers) (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Alias 2001-2006 (Spoilers)
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:

It's always great to have Lena Olin on the show -

Agreed.

quote:
she's so much better than those new agents.

Agree on Boring New Guy, but disagree on Rachel. I like her.

quote:
And yeah, that childbirth scene wasn't the best... she was in labor for what, six minutes?

And she wasn't screaming and making threats. That scene was obviously filmed before Jennifer Garner had actual child-bearing experience to draw from. [ROTFLMAO]

[ April 20, 2006, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
After being tortured, thrown and punched and endured all that other uber spy stuff do you really think that giving birth would really harm Syd? [tease]
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Trust me, it would.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

[sigh] Tonight's episode was a stinker. Here's a box with the latest spoilers:

Click Here For A SpoilerAmy Acker frees Ana Espinosa, who kidnaps Will Tippen (unseen since Season Three), and after an unexciting series of the usual fights and close calls, we end up with:

Will is free, but Ana has been genetically manipulated into becoming a Sydney impostor. Urgh. [Disgusting]

Meanwhile, Nadia's recovery has depended on Sloane keeping a foot in both camps; he gets the cure for Nadia, but at the cost of helping the evil organization further their plans. From the previews for next week's episode, I predict that Sloane's going to die next week.

The only things I liked about tonights episode both revolved around Rachel:

1. She slapped Boring New Guy. It was part of their cover, but still...priceless.

2. She had the best line: "Uh, guys, who's Rambaldi?"

Oh, and Sydney has named her daughter Isabella.

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
It was certainly nice to see Will again, but I don't know about his sudden ass-kicker status (Kragh Magah? Really?). At least he gets to bail Syd out of trouble for a change. I didn't mind the Syd duplicate thing so much since the process has been established already (I just hope we can avoid another "which one should I shoot?" scenario).

I missed something - when did we find out Syd and her dad faked Vaughn's death?

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

quote:
I didn't mind the Syd duplicate thing so much since the process has been established already.

But that's exactly what bothers me -- it's been done before. This is like the writers splicing together the Lauren-disguised-as-Syd/Syd-disguised-as-Lauren bits from the end of Season Three (which worked because they were over with quickly) and the Francie-impostor plot thread from Season Two (which was one of my least favorite things about that season.)

It all stinks of creative bankruptcy, and it couldn't be at a worse time.

quote:
I missed something - when did we find out Syd and her dad faked Vaughn's death?
I didn't see it, either. I think the producers and writers have lost track of the plot threads, and forgot to show it in an earlier episode. Very sloppy.

Ah well, just a few episodes to go. And it's somewhat comforting to recall that "Alias"'s ancestor, "Mission: Impossible", fell apart in its fifth season, too.

And who knows, maybe it'll get better before it's over. The previews for the next episode looked promising.

[ April 27, 2006, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------

rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I was talking to a friend and she said that in the birthing ep, Syd ask Jack to do something for her. He agrees and then the very next scene is the horse guy and monk flash to Vaughn. So it could be extablished that they already knew last show wihtout really implying it.

I liked the show. It was a definte setup show for the finale and a chance for Bradley Cooper to have some fun coming back. The train scene I have to say was pretty funny. That moustache was riducously chessey.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Drake, I agree with you. No WAY Will Tippen gets the drop on Anna Espinosa like that. I mean, she's the evil Sydney, for crying out loud.

As far as the Anna-becoming Syd's genetic double, yes, it's been done three times before, yes, it's in danger of becoming as ridiculously cliched as the "72 hours earlier" Alias plot, but there's one small thing you may be forgetting...

There can only be one reason they performed that process on Anna. They want her to fulfill the prophesy from page 47.

And that's kinda cool.

You didn't like Evil Francie? Wow, that's one of my favorite plots from the ehtire 5-year run.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
I love Evil Francie!

The whole "we faked Vaughn's death" thing caught me offguard, so thank you, rtvu2, for pointing out the way that worked...

I feel a lot of momentum, the synthesis of a lot of plots (dangling or not) from the entire run, as well as bringing back as many fan faves as possible... I think Alias can go out with a true bang! I really hope they pull it off...

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
My wife and I just sat through the 2 hour episode and last Wednesday's latest ep last night in one sitting. (Having a second child really cramps the TV timetable, but we're lovin' the extra pair of pattering feet.)

Random thoughts:

At the end of the 2 hour show, upon Vaughn's return (which I never doubted), I said, "and everything is right in the universe again." But the sci-fi transformation of Ana Espinosa into evil Sydney is where this show really jumps the shark for me. I mean, how do you change the height of a person? Not to mention, we lose a great actress. Then again, the previous poster's comment about how The Chosen One will bring destruction makes sense if it's enacted by Ana-cum-Sydney.

Seeing Will was great even if he was kidnapped and tortured again. If his witness protection gig has been compromised and he's asking Syd to be his best man, is there any point of him being in a witness protection program anymore? Having Sydney find the deactivator for the detonator after Ana threw it in the water was also hokey for me.

Best line: "Mommy's got to go to work."

Introducing Rachel and Thomas Grace has done zero for me. Why didn't they continue the show with Nadia as Syd's interim replacement? Why bother with the Rachel character?

On Irina: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE !!! She can do no wrong.

Lastly, I see Jennifer Gardner's cred at the end of some shows as exec producer. What does this entitle her to do exactly?

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

It's great to see such animated discussion.

KP, the idea of using the Syd-impostor to fulfill the Rambaldi prophecy had occured to me, but I didn't post anything about it, because I want to see where the writers go with this before I comment on it.

Something else that bothers me about Ana-turned-Syd-impostor is that now we'll never see a Syd-vs.-Ana-to-the-death scene. Even if they do a Syd-vs.-"Syd" fight scene, IMO it's going to be difficult to pull off without looking ridiculous, even with body doubles and CGI.

I don't like Evil Francie because I didn't like the way Season Two ended with something as mundane as a catfight in Syd's kithcen.

Owl Lad, the reason Nadia's not the interim agent is because Mia Maestro did not want to commit to a full season. And in answer to your other question: I'm not sure EXACTLY what Jennifer Garner's executive producer credit entitles her to, but here's my guess: it allows her to indulge her ego by having Sydney go out in the field when she should be behind a desk; and the Syd-impostor thing also feels like a personal indulgence for Her Majesty, giving her even more screen time than she already had.

I'll come back at 9, with my thoughts on the latest episode.

[ May 03, 2006, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

For the first fifty minutes, it seemed to me like the show was halfway back on course. And then...god, it's just painful. Here's the spoiler box:

Click Here For A SpoilerThey bring back Nadia, and kill her in the same episode. I'm sure that won't matter to people who didn't like her, but I did like her. [Mad]

And what makes it even worse is that her death was a cheap contrivance to turn Sloane evil again. We're just getting one redundant thing after another.

And I don't buy the French lady -- supposedly a skilled mercenary -- getting caught off-guard by Evil Syd long enough to allow Evil Syd to slash her throat and kill her.

I'm glad there's only three episodes to go. This is getting unbearable.

--------------------

Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Senseless, senseless...

Is there any redemption for this show?

Majorly disappointed, but doomed to see it to the end.

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

quote:
Originally posted by Owl Lad:
Senseless, senseless...
Is there any redemption for this show?

That's the same question I've been asking myself this past week.

Maybe...just maybe...if the Good Syd vs. Evil Syd confrontation ends with Irina having to shoot one of them. She is, by her own admission, a bad mother, but she'll still recognize the real Syd.

And then...Syd and Irina, the avenging angels, slaughtering all the evildoers.

Yeah, that would be okay with me.

I've also been thinking about how That Horrible Scene from last week could have played out differently, but I'll put that in a spoiler box:

Click Here For A SpoilerThe struggle between Nadia and Sloane ends with Sloane falling into the fireplace; he beings to burn to death, and soon the house is on fire, too; Nadia grabs the remains of Page 47; with no time to lose, she must choose whether or not to save her father; she chooses to leave him to die in the inferno; now Nadia will have to live with her decision, and all the guilt it implies.

Now that, IMO, would have been shocking in all the right ways. Powerful rather than senseless.

quote:
Originally posted by Owl Lad:
Majorly disappointed, but doomed to see it to the end.

My sentiments exactly. Back at 9 with the usual thoughts and spoilers.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

ZZZZZ...Huh? Oh, um, yeah, Alias.

God, was that boring. Still, here's the spoiler box with the latest:

Click Here For A Spoiler30-year old computer chips inside Renee and Vaughn. [Roll Eyes] Individually, worthless; together, they revealed the location of Vaughn's father's underground bunker with all data he accumulated about the evil organization.

Evil Syd intercepted Good Syd and spent most of the episode trying to convince Vaughn she was Good Syd. Once they find the bunker, Evil Syd and Vaughn get into a fight which has all sorts of unintentional, and very queasy, subtext when filtered through the gossip about how much Jen 'n Mike hate each other in real life. In the end, Good Syd sneaks up behind Evil Syd, and shoots Evil Syd in the head. Good Syd is now posing as Evil Syd in order to infiltrate the evil organization.

I found it rather telling that Her Majesty seemed equally bored whether she was playing Good Syd or Evil Syd. She could have at least tried to imitate Ana's accent or something.

Two more episodes to go...:yawn:...until then...ZZZZZZZZ

[ May 10, 2006, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.